OH-Sen: Cincinnati Councilman P.G. Sittenfeld likely running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:13:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-Sen: Cincinnati Councilman P.G. Sittenfeld likely running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: OH-Sen: Cincinnati Councilman P.G. Sittenfeld likely running  (Read 38080 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2015, 06:22:20 PM »

Couldn't find these numbers already posted in this thread, but PPP has Strickland and Portman tied up at 45-45 with 10% undecided.

Portman leading Sittenfeld 50-31 there. Time to give up on him, LeBron.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2015, 01:42:29 AM »

Mike Lee endorses Portman. Sorry, Adam. Probably not getting that primary you wanted.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2015, 02:18:25 AM »

Mike Lee endorses Portman. Sorry, Adam. Probably not getting that primary you wanted.

Man, Mike Lee is so establishment these days.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2015, 02:47:21 AM »

Portman was never going to get a strong primary challenger. The Ohio Tea Party isn't very strong to begin with, and some of the big names like Mandel and Jordan were never going to run.

It didn't help Zawistowski's cause either to find a primary challenger to Portman when the Ohio GOP (who have already endorsed Portman) threatened all of the state legislative Tea Partiers to support/not run against Portman or else. Most of them complied and there's only a small handful of county GOP chairmen and state legislators who haven't endorsed him yet.

So at this point, if Portman does get a primary challenger, it will likely be a no name who Portman ignores.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2015, 07:48:37 AM »

So at this point, if Portman does get a primary challenger, it will likely be a no name who Portman ignores.

But that challenger will still probably get like 6-8% of the vote because of rural counties.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »

Portman was never going to get a strong primary challenger. The Ohio Tea Party isn't very strong to begin with, and some of the big names like Mandel and Jordan were never going to run.

It didn't help Zawistowski's cause either to find a primary challenger to Portman when the Ohio GOP (who have already endorsed Portman) threatened all of the state legislative Tea Partiers to support/not run against Portman or else. Most of them complied and there's only a small handful of county GOP chairmen and state legislators who haven't endorsed him yet.

Any chance of Matt Lynch trying? Or is he just going to challenge Joyce again?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2015, 04:53:57 PM »

Maybe, but I doubt it.  I think he's about done.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2015, 04:58:53 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2017, 05:44:07 AM by LeBron FitzGerald »

Joyce is a very good friend of LaTourette's and he got significant help from him in his re-election primary bid against Lynch. Despite being heavily outspent, Lynch did come relatively close to knocking Joyce off so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ran again for that. I don't think he'll run for Senate.

But that challenger will still probably get like 6-8% of the vote because of rural counties.
Well yeah. Even if it's a joke candidate, there's always people who will vote for the primary challenger to the incumbent.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2015, 05:09:01 PM »

Mayor Coleman is endorsing Strickland. Good sign for him, as Coleman was dragging his feet in endorsing FitzGerald and almost ran against Strickland himself in '06.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »

Mayor Coleman is endorsing Strickland. Good sign for him, as Coleman was dragging his feet in endorsing FitzGerald and almost ran against Strickland himself in '06.

Actually, he did run against Strickland, but dropped out before the primary.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2015, 10:14:14 PM »

Sittenfeld disclosure months late; investigation likely
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2015, 10:26:13 PM »

"Sittenfeld wouldn't run if he had a scandal because he saw what happened to FitzGerald"

RIP FITZY TALKING POINT (2015-2015)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2015, 12:44:00 AM »

Poor Fitzy.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »

Maybe an endorsement from Adam is the kiss of scandals to Democratic candidates in Ohio.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2015, 12:39:51 PM »

"Sittenfeld wouldn't run if he had a scandal because he saw what happened to FitzGerald"

RIP FITZY TALKING POINT (2015-2015)

Men, this is a nothing scandal (at least at the moment).
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2015, 04:38:45 PM »

Typically fantastic Kondik on the psephology.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2015, 04:57:12 PM »

^ My favorite part was when he used my numbers for the VA comparison Grin

You must be logged in to read this quote.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2015, 12:26:03 AM »

Portman raised $3M in Q1. He has around $8M Cash on Hand.

Dang.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »

He has to swell his warchest. Portman and Kasich werent contested last time around, due to the early demise of Lee Fisher and Fitzgerald. I think Strickland will have raised arlbout 4 million, still good.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2015, 07:29:46 PM »

Sittenfeld staffing up.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »

The OH Democratic Party endorsed Strickland.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2015, 12:36:19 AM »

I'm ashamed of the ODP. We're starting to go into FDP bad territory by nominating perennial losers for offices again and again (Fisher and now Strickland), and I had hoped when we got rid of Redfern we would see a good amount of reform in the selection process. Guess not.

Giving Chairman Pepper the benefit of the doubt he did want to remain neutral plus the endorsement of Strickland was really out of his power to stop (the blame goes on Strickland's organized labor friends who got this vote called). However, our party bylaws specifically state that an endorsement needs to be held in the year the primary takes place (2016, not 2015) and the endorsement needs to be "carefully considered" if there's more than one person running for the nomination and they completely ignored Sittenfeld's candidacy. In fact, the only reason they had this meeting rushed was because they knew Sittenfeld would be absent (due to pre-scheduled campaign events) and they wanted to keep this as secret as possible. If this endorsement says anything, it says that Strickland after finding out he's been out-raised is beyond desperate to crush Sittenfeld's candidacy and is scared to run on his record in a Democratic primary.

I'm usually against competitive primaries, but after what happened last year, and given the large contrast between Strickland and Sittenfeld, we should be given an engaging, contested primary. I myself would much rather prefer Strickland drop out, but that's much more unlikely than a primary.

A primary would help Strickland get back into fighting shape and Sittenfeld would be able to build his name statewide (look how well the Chiles-Nelson FL primary went for Nelson or how well the Lausche-Gilligan OH primary went for Gilligan). There's Ohio Democrats who want an experienced candidate next year, but there's also Ohio Democrats who want a change from the past retreads towards younger aspiring and energetic candidates.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:45 AM »

I'm ashamed of the ODP. We're starting to go into FDP bad territory by nominating perennial losers for offices again and again (Fisher and now Strickland), and I had hoped when we got rid of Redfern we would see a good amount of reform in the selection process. Guess not.

Giving Chairman Pepper the benefit of the doubt he did want to remain neutral plus the endorsement of Strickland was really out of his power to stop (the blame goes on Strickland's organized labor friends who got this vote called). However, our party bylaws specifically state that an endorsement needs to be held in the year the primary takes place (2016, not 2015) and the endorsement needs to be "carefully considered" if there's more than one person running for the nomination and they completely ignored Sittenfeld's candidacy. In fact, the only reason they had this meeting rushed was because they knew Sittenfeld would be absent (due to pre-scheduled campaign events) and they wanted to keep this as secret as possible. If this endorsement says anything, it says that Strickland after finding out he's been out-raised is beyond desperate to crush Sittenfeld's candidacy and is scared to run on his record in a Democratic primary.

I'm usually against competitive primaries, but after what happened last year, and given the large contrast between Strickland and Sittenfeld, we should be given an engaging, contested primary. I myself would much rather prefer Strickland drop out, but that's much more unlikely than a primary.

A primary would help Strickland get back into fighting shape and Sittenfeld would be able to build his name statewide (look how well the Chiles-Nelson FL primary went for Nelson or how well the Lausche-Gilligan OH primary went for Gilligan). There's Ohio Democrats who want an experienced candidate next year, but there's also Ohio Democrats who want a change from the past retreads towards younger aspiring and energetic candidates.

Lol
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »

Lol
Thank you for your insightful contribution! Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2015, 11:29:38 AM »

Lol
Thank you for your insightful contribution! Smiley

Any time Tongue

I get that you really like Sittenfield, but about 99% of what you said in that post is simply not based in reality.  You're just not being objective about this and what you posted was really just a bunch of unskewedpolls.com-level spin.  Yes, I could explain point-by-point why pretty much none of your analysis in that post was sound as I've done with some of your past posts on this race, but its pretty clear that nothing I or anyone else says is going to make you see the light here and if that's the case, what's the point?  I don't wanna keep going in circles just for the sake of arguing. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies