Who would you vote for in Israel?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 09:01:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Who would you vote for in Israel?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for in the Israeli election?
Likud

Labor-Hatnuah

The Jewish Home

Yesh Atid

Kulanu

Yisrael Beytenu

Shas

HaAm Itanu

United Torah Judaism

Hadash

United Arab List

Balad

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Who would you vote for in Israel?  (Read 9649 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2015, 10:40:17 PM »

From my very minimal knowledge, maybe Shas? Apparently they get some Arab votes so they seem like the religious party that would be least likely to cause trouble.

Why a Catholic would vote to get Israel on the theocracy path? I doubt than Jew religious parties are popular in the local Christian population.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2015, 10:41:36 PM »

Likud.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2015, 10:45:33 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2015, 10:49:19 PM by Governor TJ »

From my very minimal knowledge, maybe Shas? Apparently they get some Arab votes so they seem like the religious party that would be least likely to cause trouble.

Why a Catholic would vote to get Israel on the theocracy path? I doubt than Jew religious parties are popular in the local Christian population.

Unless they're persecuting me, why wouldn't I want religious parties rather than secular ones in power even if they aren't my religion? Or are the religious parties in Israel hostile toward Christian minorities? Judaism doesn't seem big on converting everyone, so I doubt I'd need to worry about them trying to indoctrinate my family or something of that sort.

Of course this might be one of those times when writing this as an American has jaded my views to say something no one who actually lives in Israel would ever, ever say.
danny
Israel

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2015, 10:47:02 PM »

Most of the Arabs that vote for Shas are Druze, and they occupy a fairly... interesting position within the political arena in Israel.
Actually quite a few regular Arabs vote for Shas, but this is because of clientelism rather than ideology.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2015, 12:27:28 AM »

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2015, 06:18:12 AM »

I'd probably vote for the Jewish Home or for the Yachad Ha'am Itanu-Otzma combined list.
DL
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2015, 09:44:08 AM »

I'd vote for Meretz - which for some reason is missing from the poll question at the top of the page.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2015, 08:18:07 PM »

Unless they're persecuting me, why wouldn't I want religious parties rather than secular ones in power even if they aren't my religion? Or are the religious parties in Israel hostile toward Christian minorities? Judaism doesn't seem big on converting everyone, so I doubt I'd need to worry about them trying to indoctrinate my family or something of that sort.

Of course this might be one of those times when writing this as an American has jaded my views to say something no one who actually lives in Israel would ever, ever say.

Shas wouldn't try to convert you, no, but you might have an awful lot of trouble getting married (civilly) or shopping on Saturday in a Shas-ruled Israel.
danny
Israel

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2015, 08:22:43 PM »

Shas wouldn't try to convert you, no, but you might have an awful lot of trouble getting married (civilly) or shopping on Saturday in a Shas-ruled Israel.

If he isn't Jewish then marrying won't be a problem, the second problem depends on whether he plans on living in a Jewish or Arab area.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2015, 08:38:25 PM »

Are there any Right-wing parties that oppose the Settlements?
danny
Israel

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2015, 08:42:20 PM »

How do you define right wing? Because this is one of the main issues that define a right wing party in Israel.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2015, 11:20:08 PM »

How do you define right wing? Because this is one of the main issues that define a right wing party in Israel.

That is the usual problem of saying "rightwing" when there are, at least, 8 possible "wings" in a 3-dimensional space Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2015, 11:21:43 PM »

If he isn't Jewish then marrying won't be a problem, the second problem depends on whether he plans on living in a Jewish or Arab area.

Well, marriagewise there still could be a problem if he cannot find the right church, or if he wants to marry a Jew, for that matter Smiley  And living in an Arab area while voting for Shas could also be fun Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2015, 11:26:21 PM »

No, they would not try to convert you.  They would just wholeheartedly despise you.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2015, 12:04:11 AM »

Free Market economics.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2015, 12:09:43 AM »

Balad.
On the other hand they're socially extremely liberal also.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2015, 05:33:04 AM »

Free Market economics.
In Israel that is usually not what's called right wing.

But Yesh Atid is probably the most free-market party that isn't fond of Jews living in Judea and Samaria.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2015, 05:34:41 AM »

Which one is the anti-Zionist anti-terrorism anti-apartheid option?
Which one is the "I'm an anti-Semitic German nazi" option in Germany?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2015, 06:47:56 AM »

Hadash
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2015, 09:53:47 AM »

Which one is the anti-Zionist anti-terrorism anti-apartheid option?
Which one is the "I'm an anti-Semitic German nazi" option in Germany?
NPD, and I doubt they care much for Jews nowadays.

And let's try keeping a civil discussion, this is a political cartography forum not a political Hyde Park (at least not intrinsically).
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2015, 02:23:46 PM »

No strong feelings on this one. IRL I'd probably stay home. If forced to choose, I would either pick Shas for their social conservatism or one of the Arab parties to support the rights of my coreligionists in Israel.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2015, 02:40:29 PM »

No strong feelings on this one. IRL I'd probably stay home. If forced to choose, I would either pick Shas for their social conservatism or one of the Arab parties to support the rights of my coreligionists in Israel.

If it is just conservatism, why the (Sephardic) Shas and not the (Ashkenazic) UTJ? Both would appear an equally hilariously bad fit Smiley
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2015, 02:51:37 PM »

Labor or Meretz
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »

The Sons of the New Testament might interest you.
danny
Israel

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »

The Sons of the New Testament might interest you.

They aren't running in the election, and a party purely for Arab Christians would be futile since it would have no way of passing the threshold.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies