Happy New Years! Your New Years Present Is Here! :D
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:45:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Happy New Years! Your New Years Present Is Here! :D
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Happy New Years! Your New Years Present Is Here! :D  (Read 7088 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »
« edited: January 01, 2015, 09:07:34 PM by Senator Libertas »

Really? All bans are the same, there is no attention to be paid to any of individual circumstances surrounding the person and the ban? I was banned for the crime of "excessive hyperbole" back when I was a 19 year old right-wing "libertarian" troll who railed against the fascist takeover of America by Barack Obama. Contrary to what Polnut is thinking, I was fully self-aware that I was a ridiculous and mischievous troll back then. I still wonder why anyone actually took me seriously back then.

But I am not the same person as the teenager who was banned, I hardly even know who you are yet you are prejudging me as being unworthy of a second chance after being banned for years.  
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 09:07:32 PM »

A Libertarian isn't a Libertarian anymore now that he's grown up? Say it ain't so!
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 09:13:28 PM »

Worst New years present ever.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 09:15:04 PM »

A Libertarian isn't a Libertarian anymore now that he's grown up? Say it ain't so!

I abandoned Libertarianism around age 21. First I changed my enrollment to the Green Party for about a year until I settled upon getting involved in Democratic Party politics and influencing that party from within. Are there any Libertarians who remain Libertarians beyond adolescence?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2015, 09:17:57 PM »

And another person I hardly remember interacting with now prejudging me negatively...

It's been like 4 years, let it go and give me another chance to contribute to this forum in a positive way.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »

Are you still a world class douchebag? 

Clearly he is.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2015, 09:27:31 PM »

And another person I hardly remember interacting with now prejudging me negatively...

It's been like 4 years, let it go and give me another chance to contribute to this forum in a positive way.
The ones we did have were probably negative and not interacting much doesn't mean I didn't read the forum at the time.
In any case im not prejudging, since you have already made new posts by which to judge you by and the conclusion is the same.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2015, 09:32:47 PM »

The ones we did have were probably negative and not interacting much doesn't mean I didn't read the forum at the time.
In any case im not prejudging, since you have already made new posts by which to judge you by and the conclusion is the same.

Um yeah you are kinda prejudging considering I've made like 10 posts at most on the entire forum since the unbanning, and I don't see how you can draw a fair conclusion about me based on those posts. I've made a grand total of one new thread to introduce myself back to the Atlas community as the different person I am today. I don't see how you can decide I am an HP based on anything I've posted since being unbanned.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »

Really? All bans are the same, there is no attention to be paid to any of individual circumstances surrounding the person and the ban? I was banned for the crime of "excessive hyperbole" back when I was a 19 year old right-wing "libertarian" troll who railed against the fascist takeover of America by Barack Obama. Contrary to what Polnut is thinking, I was fully self-aware that I was a ridiculous and mischievous troll back then. I still wonder why anyone actually took me seriously back then.

But I am not the same person as the teenager who was banned, I hardly even know who you are yet you are prejudging me as being unworthy of a second chance after being banned for years.  

No one took you 'seriously', we all knew you were a damaged troll. Considering the damage you did, it's a bit rich to not cop any criticism or skepticism from those of us who saw and felt your actions. Saying you've changed is one thing, actually acting like you have is another.

An attention-seeking arrival thread was not a positive start.
Foucaulf
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 09:41:29 PM »

In response to all that: your reputation wasn't coloured by your being a teenager, or being libertarian. It had a lot to do with your far-right ideas, but there's also a reason why no one is trusting you when you said you changed. The reason is that you were dramatic, accusatory and hyperbolic to a degree that seemed more credited to mental illness.

I was around when you were around, and don't really care whether you're back or not. But you have also returned by fiat; do you really think, if the forum voted on your return, that they would let you?

Don't talk about how people aren't giving you a second chance. You were unbanned; that's your second chance. No one here thinks they owe you anything. Realistically, your best case is to be like Wormy after he returned, still obsessed with his pet topics but not posting antagonistically enough to stir anything more than a chuckle. More power to you if you do better.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 10:01:41 PM »

Though I don't mind giving people second chances, have the mods just thrown all that talk about keeping the forum kid-friendly out the window?

And if so, can we have opebo back?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2015, 10:10:51 PM »

No one took you 'seriously', we all knew you were a damaged troll. Considering the damage you did, it's a bit rich to not cop any criticism or skepticism from those of us who saw and felt your actions. Saying you've changed is one thing, actually acting like you have is another.

Many, many members of this forum took me far, far more seriously than I took myself.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This was an introduction thread wishing a happy new years and making the community aware that I was back but had changed, highlighting changes in my own life. Nobody was forced to read it or even click on it. After being banned for four years some sort of introduction thread was warranted rather than just suddenly appearing in threads.

You can be skeptical but considering me an HP based solely on this thread- and a grudge from the past- is prejudging me based on nothing but fluff.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2015, 10:23:43 PM »

Everybody is so prickly.  Did the forum sit on a cactus today?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2015, 10:27:05 PM »

The mechanics of group sex seem rather disturbing.

This is also what I took away from the OP. Still, this should be a fun experiment.

I think people who are "taking away" the "mechanics of group sex" from the OP should perhaps psychoanalyze why their own brains zeroed in on this idea from a post which had nothing to do with the "mechanics of group sex".

Which is a long winded way of saying nothing at all.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2015, 10:34:10 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2015, 10:39:15 PM by Senator Libertas »

The mechanics of group sex seem rather disturbing.

This is also what I took away from the OP. Still, this should be a fun experiment.

I think people who are "taking away" the "mechanics of group sex" from the OP should perhaps psychoanalyze why their own brains zeroed in on this idea from a post which had nothing to do with the "mechanics of group sex".

Which is a long winded way of saying nothing at all.

My post had nothing to with "the mechanics of group sex". That line of thought came out of your own brain.

I wonder if a poster said "I had sex last night", that would get the same attacks as making this forum "kid-unfriendly". Or is it only when the sex involves more than 2 people that it becomes "kid-unfriendly".
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2015, 10:38:25 PM »

Ugh, if we're going to do this you might as well let opebo back, if only I have someone who I can drone on about Thai politics to.
Panda Express

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2015, 10:40:54 PM »

Are there any Libertarians who remain Libertarians beyond adolescence?

Maistre
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2015, 10:43:23 PM »

I've been known to partake in gay orgies until 5 in the morning on third floors of unmarked buildings in dark alleys off Times Square (vestiges of the "old" Times Square are still there, if you know how to find them).

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2015, 11:42:37 PM »

I've been known to partake in gay orgies until 5 in the morning on third floors of unmarked buildings in dark alleys off Times Square (vestiges of the "old" Times Square are still there, if you know how to find them).

Sheesh you guys are obsessed, but well I guess if it involves sex....funny how there was an alleged concern about how my acknowledging the existence of human sexual behavior would make the forum unsafe for minors, I immediately deleted my sex-related comment in response to this concern... yet sex is all you guys want to keep talking about.

Just for the record, the 'parties' I went to were not seedy dirty affairs where anyone could walk in, they're very exclusive, there are no signs or advertisements, you have to be invited by someone who is already in and then you have to be judged attractive enough to be allowed in- and then pay a pretty steep "clothes checking fee". I was kinda sorta dating a Broadway actor who introduced me to it and we would go together the first time and he got me in, and most of the guys are actually Broadway actors. While the outside of the building was nondescript, the room where these parties take place is a giant multi-room luxurious suite. And everything was safe, condoms were ubiquitous and I'm on the pill anyway.

I crave excitement; excitement like this can be difficult to find in post-Giuliani/Bloomberg NYC and that is the primary reason I go to them. I don't go to them when I am in relationships, but there are large gaps between when a relationship falls apart and a new one forms.

Now I don't see how there was anything that would damage minors from my initial unedited post, unless you think any acknowledgement of the existence of human sexual behavior is damaging to minors, i.e. you think the statement "I had sex" is inappropriate and not "kid-friendly". But whatever, I edited out the reference hours ago. I had not realized the extreme prudery that had taken hold here which wasn't the case when I was here last time around.

And it was one tiny insignificant sentence in a long post containing more important things, which I've since decided to do away with completely.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2015, 11:55:58 PM »

The pill? Huh
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2015, 11:59:12 PM »

A gay guy says he's on the pill.  He's likely referring to Truvada.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2015, 12:10:33 AM »

Ah.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2015, 12:13:11 AM »

We didn't get along too well back in the day, but welcome back.

Also interesting how the forum's two leading libertarians of the ~2010 era (Liberas and wormyguy) are no longer libertarians.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2015, 12:16:06 AM »

A gay guy says he's on the pill.  He's likely referring to Truvada.

Yeah I still use condoms and insist on condoms but I take Truvada too just in case. Especially for situations like that when things are happening very quickly and there a lot of guys around and you have a few drinks in you.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2015, 12:21:27 AM »

We didn't get along too well back in the day, but welcome back.

Also interesting how the forum's two leading libertarians of the ~2010 era (Liberas and wormyguy) are no longer libertarians.

Why thank you for the kind welcome back! Cheesy

I think most teenaged "libertarians" grow out of that phase. The ones who don't....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies