The Vega Scandal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:06:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Vega Scandal
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Vega Scandal  (Read 734 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 28, 2014, 08:40:36 PM »

Most of you have now heard the shocking news about Midwest Rep Vega and his nefarious deeds. Vega has, it appears, decided to flee from Atlasia with his tail between his legs. Does this affair end here though? I don't believe it does. Accusations have been made that Governor LeBron and various unknown senior political figures may have been involved. I, myself, do not believe these accusations, but I feel they should be investigated - and investigated throughly - in order to exonerate the people concerned. I suggest the immediate formation of a commission of enquiry headed by a judicial figure of some kind (and one not registered in the Midwest) and two to four Senators (again, none registered in the Midwest). They should be allowed to investigate without fear and to report without prejudice. We, the people, have a right to know.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »

A commission is a wonderful idea.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »

Grin

But seriously, stuff like this is why I avoid the dark underbelly of Atalasia that is IRC.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:48:15 PM »

Oh, fyck off already.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 09:14:39 PM »

Well, these events are certainly disturbing. I see the merit in wanting to investigate what lies beyond the allegations, and I have already asked for the opinions and advice of the Justice Department.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 09:53:51 PM »

Well, these events are certainly disturbing. I see the merit in wanting to investigate what lies beyond the allegations, and I have already asked for the opinions and advice of the Justice Department.

Oh, I'm sure you have.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 10:21:21 PM »

Oh, I'm sure you have.

Indeed, I have. I don't suppose you have a problem with considering an investigation on such a complicated situation, right?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »

If ZuWo so much as implies that proceedings will be initiated against LeBron FitzGerald on this matter, of which he has played no part (as attested to by Vega, the party responsible), I will introduce articles of impeachment immediately. You have my word on that, Lameduck Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 10:57:23 PM »

Good luck with that, Senator!

In all seriousness, all I've said is that I have asked for the opinion of the Justice Department, you make it sound like I was trying to enact a witch hunt or something like that.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 03:52:39 AM »

If ZuWo so much as implies that proceedings will be initiated against LeBron FitzGerald on this matter, of which he has played no part (as attested to by Vega, the party responsible), I will introduce articles of impeachment immediately. You have my word on that, Lameduck Lumine.

Senator, are you attempting to intimidate the office of the Attorney General in any way?

On a more general note I see you are already the third high-ranking member of your party who appears to imply that the Justice Department is prone to unfairly target members of the Labor Party. I have already asked Griffin and Senator Lief for clarification in my office thread but the two gentlemen haven't had the time to reply yet. I would just like to reiterate that this is a very severe allegation which I firmly reject, just as I reject any attempts by Atlasian officeholders to influence my investigations and prosecutions.

That said, I have just read the whole "Vega scandal" storyline for the first time and obviously haven't had the chance to form an opinion about it at this early stage.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 03:58:07 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2014, 05:14:09 AM by Senator Cranberry »

Just saying that I believe a Senatorial investigatory committee would be a great idea. It may help getting the truth out of what happened and attract public interest to Senate work.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 04:24:55 AM »

And you would have my full support in that. The constant partisan witch-hunts carried about by the Lumine regime are completely out of hand at this point.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 05:05:05 AM »

Can someone fill me in?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 05:10:54 AM »

Just saying that I believe an investigatory committee would be a great idea. It sure is fun, and also may help getting the truth out of what happened.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 05:14:58 AM »

Oakvale has a thread in which he clears things up. You're not the only one though, I had absolutely no idea that there were such things going on...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies