A development in People of the Republic of Atlasia v. MW. Gov. LeBron FitzGerald
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:05:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A development in People of the Republic of Atlasia v. MW. Gov. LeBron FitzGerald
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A development in People of the Republic of Atlasia v. MW. Gov. LeBron FitzGerald  (Read 818 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 28, 2014, 07:07:07 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2014, 07:11:59 PM by oakvale »

Hey everyone.

In recent days, someone shared with me an amusing conversation in which Gov. LeBron FitzGerald and Vega got into what seemed to be a heated debate on the Mibbit IRC chat. Having talked to the Governor on many occasions, I was immediately suspicious - the style seemed affected and unnatural, as if someone were trying a clumsy impression of LeBron.

A few days later, "LeBron FitzGerald" again entered the IRC channel, and I again noticed that the style of 'speech' was noticeably unusual and out of character. When I confronted "LeBron" he immediately quit.

Fortunately, we had something of a smoking gun. Sawx, a regular in the channel, uses an IRC client rather than the Mibbit site, and his client automatically displays a user's masked IP address upon entering.

From the night of December 27th, 2014, during said "LeBron"/Vega "fight", LeBron FitzGerald's purported (masked) IP was -

00:55] * LeBronFitzGerald (Mibbit@7D764455.CB77AA2D.BAA5E82D.IP) has joined #atlasforum

7D764455.CB77AA2D.BAA5E82D.IP is an exact match to the masked Mibbit IP of Vega, Midwest Assemblyman. Sawx has also indicated the same IP entered as Senator "Bore" that night.

Vega has alleged to me that Governor FitzGerald was aware of this behaviour, in what seems to be an attempt to influence the outcome of the ongoing trial of the Governor for voter intimidation by "proving" the easiness of imitating someone on the channel. He however, denies that the "argument" referenced above was him, despite the evidence to the contrary.

Crucially, Vega continues to insist that the "argument" between him and "LeBron" was legitimate, although he then began to question whether it may have been a mysterious third man, imitating FitzGerald. The implication that said mystery imitator may have been behind the allegations on trial was clear.

As the presiding Justice in People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald, I'm requesting both Vega and Governor FitzGerald to clarify the situation here. Attempting to influence the proceedings of a trial in such a manner is profoundly unethical. I also find it particularly disturbing that Senator Bore, who is not even involved in the Midwest case, was apparently imitated.

Perhaps the culprit here can argue that an experiment to demonstrate the alleged ease at which someone can be imitated in an IRC channel is a valid defense strategy. Certainly so. But that is transparently not what is happening here - had that been the case, Vega would have no reason to continue to deceive me and the rest of the channel. Instead, he suggested a mystery third imitator existed, responsible (presumably) for the voter intimidation allegations. Were this submitted at trial, it would, needless to say, amount to false evidence. As is, it displays a staggering contempt of the judiciary.

If indeed the Governor sanctioned this attempt to discredit the state's case I'll be charging both Rep. Vega and Gov. FitzGerald with contempt of court as per the Contempt of Court Act (2009). If he did not sanction this, it is in fact even more troubling an attempt to pervert the natural course of justice, to say nothing of the troubling implications of impersonating a prominent public official.

Thanks,

Oakvale
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 09:01:52 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2014, 09:55:56 PM by oakvale »

Upon the resignation and confession of Vega, and his indication that the Governor was not aware of this beforehand, I will not be charging Governor FitzGerald with contempt of court. While there may or may not be a political enquiry, I see no need or grounds for further legal action. I cannot know whether or not the Governor approved of the action, but the fact that he apparently did not sign off on it means it would be improper to continue with this charge.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 08:40:13 AM »

What a silly little man.

Good work, Oakvale.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 11:01:02 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2014, 11:02:38 AM by Governor Varavour »

It's a shame, I was hoping for a formal subpoena. I query the Court's fullthroated acceptance of Vega's admission and denial of outside involvment.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 11:26:44 AM »

It's a shame, I was hoping for a formal subpoena. I query the Court's fullthroated acceptance of Vega's admission and denial of outside involvment.

There are no grounds to charge FitzGerald with contempt of court when there is no indication whatsoever that he ordered this, and no suggestion that any other government or party members were involved. Any further enquiry on this matter would be a job for political officials, not the Supreme Court. We are not an investigative body.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies