Which political party is the worst?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:57:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which political party is the worst?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ^
Fidesz

The Republican Party

The Bharatiya Janata Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Which political party is the worst?  (Read 1163 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »

Well?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 02:47:19 PM »

NOTA?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 02:53:19 PM »

BJP by a wide margin, Fidesz second.

BJP

Fidesz

Republicans
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 02:56:08 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2014, 06:24:19 PM by CrabCake »

Fisdez and the GOP, to my knowledge, do not run effectively paramilitary wings.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 03:16:39 PM »

Fisdez and the GOP, to my knowledge, do not have what are effectively paramilitary wings.

Cliven Bundy?
Fan of Hungarian nationalism/Quasi-Genocidal Islamophobia?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 03:32:08 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2014, 03:42:07 PM by politicus »

Fisdez and the GOP, to my knowledge, do not have what are effectively paramilitary wings.

You are wrong about Fidesz:

https://hungarianspectrum.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/football-hooligans-as-fideszs-police-force/

https://hungarianspectrum.wordpress.com/tag/workers-militia/

Party manager Gabor Kubatov (who dabbles as president of the board of Ferencváros Football Club in his spare time..) uses the Fradi hooligans as a de facto party militia and he has an alert chain “Riadó lánc” of goons who have to be ready on an hours notice to "defend the party" (or beat up opponents..). May not be the BJP, but they are getting there.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 03:44:46 PM »

Atlas Forum threads, everybody (BJP, by the way)

Cliven Bundy?

You're going to pretend that he had relevance and connection to the Republican Party?
KCDem

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »

The Republican Party does far more harm to the world than either of the other two.

So, obviously the Republican Party (sane).
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »

Okay, I will admit that BJP is pretty bad. As for Fisdez, I know noting about Hungarian politics but skimming through their Wikipedia article I don't see anything shockingly horrible.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 04:03:04 PM »

Okay, I will admit that BJP is pretty bad. As for Fisdez, I know noting about Hungarian politics but skimming through their Wikipedia article I don't see anything shockingly horrible.

Superficially Fidesz could look like a standard centre-rght party with a few problematic positions, but in addition to their xenophobia they have strong authoritarian tendencies and dubious connections to people even further right. You wouldn't like them if you had to live in Hungary.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 04:06:17 PM »

Superficially Fidesz could look like a standard centre-rght party with a few problematic positions, but in addition to their xenophobia they have strong authoritarian tendencies and dubious connections to people even further right. You wouldn't like them if you had to live in Hungary.

I see. Thanks for the info.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »

Atlas Forum threads, everybody (BJP, by the way)

Cliven Bundy?

You're going to pretend that he had relevance and connection to the Republican Party?
Don't let facts stand in the way of Lefty snark.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 05:07:03 PM »

You are wrong about Fidesz:

https://hungarianspectrum.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/football-hooligans-as-fideszs-police-force/

https://hungarianspectrum.wordpress.com/tag/workers-militia/

Party manager Gabor Kubatov (who dabbles as president of the board of Ferencváros Football Club in his spare time..) uses the Fradi hooligans as a de facto party militia and he has an alert chain “Riadó lánc” of goons who have to be ready on an hours notice to "defend the party" (or beat up opponents..). May not be the BJP, but they are getting there.

I stand corrected. I always assumed that Jobbik ran the hooligan gangs.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 06:23:07 PM »

All of them?
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 03:00:44 PM »

BJP easily
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 05:13:23 PM »

The Republican Party is pretty much on par with some of the worst offenders of human rights in human history, given the sort of things its members and leaders have engaged in over the years, which include, but are not limited to:

Genocide of Native Americans, engaging in naked imperialist wars abroad (Cuba, The Philippines, the various 'Banana Wars' of the late 19th and early 20th Century, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Iraq), acting to imprison or murder political dissidents (the Black Panthers), criminal denial of basic human needs in favor of spending more money on armaments, etc.

Perhaps only the Democratic Party is worse, in terms of a major national political party in existence today, given its record of promoting and consolidating the institution of slavery in the United States.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 05:21:16 PM »

LOL True Leftists are using Oldiesfreak talking points now.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 06:05:31 PM »

The Republican Party is pretty much on par with some of the worst offenders of human rights in human history, given the sort of things its members and leaders have engaged in over the years, which include, but are not limited to:

Genocide of Native Americans, engaging in naked imperialist wars abroad (Cuba, The Philippines, the various 'Banana Wars' of the late 19th and early 20th Century, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Iraq), acting to imprison or murder political dissidents (the Black Panthers), criminal denial of basic human needs in favor of spending more money on armaments, etc.

Perhaps only the Democratic Party is worse, in terms of a major national political party in existence today, given its record of promoting and consolidating the institution of slavery in the United States.

Tories would probably be worse than either tho.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 07:04:13 PM »

Nah, that was pretty blatantly shoehorned in so TNF could avoid tacitly admitting Democrats are any sort of lesser evil.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 07:07:46 PM »

CCP? Worker's Party of Korea? Also as Sol says, by this reasoning the Tories can be blamed for the evils of the British Empire.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »

CCP? Worker's Party of Korea? Also as Sol says, by this reasoning the Tories can be blamed for the evils of the British Empire.

Khmer Rouge? etc. etc.
Panda Express

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 12:11:02 AM »

I have no idea what the first and last parties are but I don't see how they can be worse than the Republicans.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 12:12:20 AM »

I have no idea what the first and last parties are but I don't see how they can be worse than the Republicans.

They are. Read the thread.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies