Office of Speaker Türkisblau - Press Release: Whereabouts Unknown
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:58:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Speaker Türkisblau - Press Release: Whereabouts Unknown
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Speaker Türkisblau - Press Release: Whereabouts Unknown  (Read 5535 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2014, 04:52:58 AM »
« edited: April 26, 2015, 07:48:20 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Türkisblau, Speaker of the 15th Pacific Council

This is a space for any concerned Atlasian/Pacific Region Citizen to make their voices heard as well as a space for me to make any updates.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 04:58:39 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2014, 08:49:01 PM by Türkisblau »

Councilor Türkisblau in front of supporters in Albuquerque

For too long have the people been ignored.
For too long have they reached out and elected do-nothing representatives.
For too long have they elected representatives only to have them turn on the Peoples' interests.

The Great Pacific Region must be changed and reformed through a responsive and changing government, and the way to achieve that is not through electing swindlers with a track record of abandoning their own people, or charlatans looking for a way to advance their careers. It is by electing dedicated Councilors who care and have your interests at heart.

The time for action is now! Our region has reached a point of no return, and smart government must be instituted.

As councilor, I will advance legislation to benefit the common man, while also weighing the concerns of businesses in our region. I will craft a moral social policy that will support the equal rights of all people while recognizing the rightful place of religion to the society of the Pacific Region.

Türkisblau speaking with concerned Rio Rancho citizens

My first steps as Councilor will be to meet and discuss with my fellow Councilmen the path to take and then we will act swiftly to repair our once great land.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:06:51 AM »

It is great to see encouraged new residents in our region. I have full faith that you will be a great Councillor, and wish you to the best luck in your endeavours!

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:36:56 AM »

It is great to see encouraged new residents in our region. I have full faith that you will be a great Councillor, and wish you to the best luck in your endeavours!

Thank you! I will be working as hard as I can to do what's right for the Pacific Region (oh and that whole getting the activity up Tongue)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:38:27 AM »

Thank you! I will be working as hard as I can to do what's right for the Pacific Region (oh and that whole getting the activity up Tongue)

That has been an issue here since ever Tongue
Still, I'm very sure that you will do the best for our region - good luck once again!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 10:51:20 AM »

We are polar opposites, but obviously you have my endorsement. We need more people wanting to make the game fun and interesting.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »

Perhaps you can be the next speaker Wink

Good luck!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 12:54:39 PM »

I am heartened by your vigor, Councilor! Let's hope we take after your lead.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 09:06:11 PM »

Welcome to the game!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 09:27:25 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2014, 04:42:01 PM by Türkisblau »

Fellow citizens, thank you for your kind words. I have thought long and hard about this: I intend to stand down in the race for the speakership of the Pacific Council. I wish to do the most that I can for our great region, and to do so I must first gain the experience and knowledge necessary to lead. In the coming days I will be announcing my first legislative initiatives.

God Bless and Good Night.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 06:13:32 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2014, 10:02:41 PM by Türkisblau »

In my tenure as Councilor so far, I have already seen irresponsible legislation come to the forefront. I will not give up my fight for the people of the Pacific Region and I will keep fighting into the next legislative session. I do not do this out of political necessity, but rather out of a passion to serve responsibly. That is why I am running for reelection as Pacific Councilor and I hope that you will continue the fight with me.

To stimulate the economy, we must use the government smartly and as a tool of good. Already, my fellow friend and Councilor Averroes has proposed two bills that would help plunge our region into an even larger recession:

1. The "End Predatory Gambling Act", while having good intentions, would decimate the economy of Las Vegas, Nevada and destroy a valuable source of taxes that we can put towards the welfare of Pacific citizens.

2. The "Accountability for Merchants of Death Act" would make gun manufacturers responsible for the use of the weapons that they manufacture, a foolish foray into gun control. This dangerous bill would push the headquarters and factories for Pacific Region-made weapons out of this region. We have seen the effects that gun control had in moving thousands of jobs out of the state of Connecticut after Colt left due to their restrictive regulations.

I will fight for the the People of the Pacific and their jobs. This legislation has no place in our great region. Now to announce legislation that does need passing:

Secure Life for Future Generations Act

1. Repeal the "Public Funding for Abortion Act"

2. Those seeking abortion while age 16 or younger are required to first receive permission from their parents or legal guardians

3. All abortions in the third trimester, except for cases of rape, saving the life of the woman, and protecting the health of the woman, are outlawed

4. Any person who performs an illegal abortion will be sentenced to at least eighteen months in prison

Farm Relief Act

1. All individually-owned farms in the Pacific region suffering with drought and wildfire will be given enough relief funds to cover damage, as well as for preparation for the new growing season

2. $500 million shall be appropriated for this measure

3. The Farm Relief Bureau (FRB) is hereby created to administer these funds

Ensure Our Future Act

1. A scholarship program shall be created to provide $5,000 each to well qualified children with a GPA of 3.0 or above whose parents never received above a high school education, with the amount given rising based on qualifications

2. $500 million will be appropriated to this program, with additional funding accorded to the program through a public-private partnership by charitable donations and coordination with non-governmental organizations

3. A non-partisan commission will be created to mandate fair school districts to stop the practice redlining school districts

4. The "The Get Involved in School Act" shall hereby repealed

5. $50 million in block grants shall be provided for technology use in the classroom in under-performing schools

Take Advantage of Our Natural Resources Act

1. The Government of the Pacific Region shall hereby invest in its own development of the natural resources in the state, creating an Energy Allocation Bureau (EAB)

2. $1 billion shall be appropriated to the EAB for use in discovering new sources of natural gas, coal, and oil

3. Once the EAB has discovered new resources an Environmental Commission shall be formed to assess whether or not it is feasible or too damaging to invest in those found resources. If found to be safe, profitable, and feasible, the EAB will decide whether to develop the resources

4. Three quarters of all profits brought in by resources developed by the EAB shall be allocated into a fund owned by the People of the Pacific Region, modeled after the Norwegian Oil Fund; the other quarter shall be invested into development of alternative energy

5. No resources developed by the EAB may be located on on any national parks or other culturally significant piece of land

6. "Another Fracking Ban" shall hereby be repealed

Restore our Rivers Act

1. The Ice Harbor Dam, Lower Monumental Dam, Little Goose Dam and Lower Granite Dam located in the Columbia River watershed shall be slated  for destruction at the earliest possible date

2. A commission shall be created to assess the environmental impact of other dams located in the Pacific Region, as well as the effect to the local community of the elimination of the dams

3. Dams identified by the earlier stated commission to be defunct/harmful to the wildlife in the river with the benefits not outweighing the costs, will be retroactively torn down according to the guidelines put forth by the committee
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 08:30:57 PM »

Looking really good, Turkisblau!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 09:31:25 PM »

Thanks! Any criticism/comments/questions are welcome.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »

Election Night at Türkisblau Headquarters, Albuquerque, NM

Türkisblau with Governor Varavour

My Fellow Pacificans, as the last returns trickle in, we hope together for a brighter future with new leadership in our fair council. The exit polls are looking good for us so far and I am here with Governor Varavour to send a message. A message of a council that will work with our great Governor to improve the lives of everyday Pacificans and stimulate our economy. Still, too many people are out of work and so far in my tenure, the council has spoken only about regulating the weapons the People use for self defense and decimating the gambling industry which so many People rely on in the great city of Las Vegas.

That is why, if I am reelected, I will be running for Speaker in the Pacific Council. I will bring to the forefront legislation that will put people back to work again, and reestablish moral principles so many Pacificans live their lives by! I will not rest until the People of this region feel confident in their government and have jobs again.

God Bless and Good Night.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 02:56:30 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2014, 08:06:14 AM by Türkisblau »

Pacific Election Results

Türkisblau Victory Center

According to information gathered from the released election results, our great governor Varavour has been reelected. Myself, Gully Foyle, and Paleobrazilian have been elected to the Fourteenth Pacific Legislative Council.

In national elections, it appears the the entire slate of The People's Party nominees have been elected and are going back up to the Senate. I laud the performance of Bacon King and Polnut as they have served sensibly and well in our great Republic's Senate. I have full confidence in their performance and am also delighted that these and other devoted public servants are going up to Nyman to mollify the agenda of President Lumine.

We will rebuild this region together and I will stick to my earlier laid out promises to the People. If I have anything to do with it, the Pacific will again be an economic powerhouse and a guiding light to the rest of the Republic of Atlasia.

And now, music.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 03:11:55 AM »

I'm very happy that you won re-election, you will serve the Pacific well!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 05:07:52 AM »

Congratulations!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 09:00:12 AM »

Congratulations!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 02:46:14 AM »

Congrats, friend!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 03:06:58 AM »

Congratulations.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 11:50:42 AM »

Congratulations, it's such a rare thing to see competitive elections in the Pacific. Kudos to both you and the Governor.
Paleobrazilian
Brazil

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 03:22:33 PM »

Congratulations!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 01:09:21 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2014, 01:12:19 AM by Türkisblau »

Inaction and Other Worrying Developments

Türkisblau going to petition Justice Ebowed

After coming off my post election high, I have noticed worrying and illegal lack of action coming from our Governor who so far has refused to begin the duly elected Fourteenth Pacific Legislative Council. This is extremely disturbing and a denial of our citizens' rights. Why he has not carried out his duties is beyond me.

While Governor Varavour has not acted, Speaker Nix has continued his assault on the economy and the rights of Pacific citizens. He pushed along with Councilor Gully Foyle for extremely stringent gun control measures which allows the Pacific Government to prosecute gun manufacturers and sellers for crimes committed with the weapons they produce or sell, destroying jobs and freedoms in our region. He has also pushed for eliminating tax credits and incentives to keep jobs in our region.

Türkisblau discussing the issues that matter with the People of the Pacific

Amazingly, he has skipped over my urgent legislation to benefit our pocketbooks, farms, and rivers in favor of discussing the legalization of polygamy of all things. This is not leadership but a distraction from the issues that truly matter to our citizens.

I can only hope for the People of the Pacific that our Fourteenth Council begins in a timely fashion and we can finally tackle the issues that matter.

God Bless and Good Night
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2014, 03:56:35 PM by Türkisblau »

I have not been a member of the Council since Friday. I don't appreciate your implicating me in its present inactivity, particularly as the greatest impediment to debate in the Council's previous session was your habit of "forgetting" about ongoing discussions.

I'm going through a personal tragedy at the moment, so forgive me for any inactivity or lack of response. I've been doing my best to stay on top of debate and make votes.

I felt as if you had something to do with the start of the next session due to this:

Congrats, Mr. Governor.

Can we take oath now?

The next session of the Council will begin tomorrow at noon, Pacific time.

Forgive me if I am wrong.

If you read my update accurately, I am criticizing you for wanting to discuss legalizing polygamy before tackling the economic issues that are causing our region to be first when it comes to unemployment; I am saying that our priorities are different.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 11:07:55 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2015, 11:15:55 PM by Türkisblau »

Potus/Maxwell for President

Türkisblau crossing the proverbial fence

I have thought long and hard of the future of my state, New Mexico, my region, the Pacific, and my country, Atlasia. After the turmoil of our recent budget battle and domestic disturbances, I have come to the conclusion that the only ticket that I can support in our next presidential election is that of Potus/Maxwell. Secretary of State Potus has shown himself to be a devoted and strong leader both in my region and on the world stage and I have the utmost confidence that he will perform his duties as president to the highest degree.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies