Will Bushie injure himself bowling tonight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:11:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will Bushie injure himself bowling tonight?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Will Bushie injure himself bowling tonight?  (Read 3534 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 12:59:08 AM »

I thought I would post my bowling update here.  Pathetic.  Absolutely pitiful.  I have not bowled this bad in years.  Granted, it has been 15 months since I last bowled, but still, my word.  We bowled 3 games.  My scores were 9, 61, and 70.  My running average throughout my bowling life has been around 115 to 120.  The first game, I kept swinging my ball way off to the right into the gutter.  The second game was slightly better, I started knocking down SOME pins, but only got one spare in the 10th inning.  The third game, I was starting to get into a rhythm, but still only managed one strike and no spares.  My left thigh muscle started to get a little sore in the third game, but it's since gone back to normal.  I am back at Grandma's now.  I will be going to bed around 0030 and be up between 0730 and 0800 for church.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 12:59:36 AM »

We know how this is going to end...

Bushie throws out his back bowling on Saturday night.

Bushie calls in sick for work yet again on Monday.

I have bowled time and time again and only once have I thrown my back out.  I will no doubt be sore tonight, but it won't keep me from a full 24-hour week of work.

There is no such thing as a FULL 24 hour week.

I meant it as a joke.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 01:38:27 AM »

I thought I would post my bowling update here.  Pathetic.  Absolutely pitiful.  I have not bowled this bad in years.  Granted, it has been 15 months since I last bowled, but still, my word.  We bowled 3 games.  My scores were 9, 61, and 70.  My running average throughout my bowling life has been around 115 to 120.  The first game, I kept swinging my ball way off to the right into the gutter.  The second game was slightly better, I started knocking down SOME pins, but only got one spare in the 10th inning.  The third game, I was starting to get into a rhythm, but still only managed one strike and no spares.  My left thigh muscle started to get a little sore in the third game, but it's since gone back to normal.  I am back at Grandma's now.  I will be going to bed around 0030 and be up between 0730 and 0800 for church.

A 9??
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 01:43:20 AM »

I thought I would post my bowling update here.  Pathetic.  Absolutely pitiful.  I have not bowled this bad in years.  Granted, it has been 15 months since I last bowled, but still, my word.  We bowled 3 games.  My scores were 9, 61, and 70.  My running average throughout my bowling life has been around 115 to 120.  The first game, I kept swinging my ball way off to the right into the gutter.  The second game was slightly better, I started knocking down SOME pins, but only got one spare in the 10th inning.  The third game, I was starting to get into a rhythm, but still only managed one strike and no spares.  My left thigh muscle started to get a little sore in the third game, but it's since gone back to normal.

Next time:

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 02:02:41 AM »

A 9??

Yeah, that's what I said...  I was embarrassed to say the least... Here was my futile score card by frame for Game 1.

1-, --, --, --, --, --, --, --, 1-, -7
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 07:17:29 AM »

Bowling is in fact the only 'sport' that a man of his... stature can not only compete in, but actually excel.

You don't have darts in the U.S.A?

Al is right
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 07:42:34 AM »

A 9??

Yeah, that's what I said...  I was embarrassed to say the least... Here was my futile score card by frame for Game 1.

My 6 year old niece bowls better.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 08:49:46 AM »

A 9??

Wow. 
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2014, 09:35:08 AM »

How do you bowl a 9? Seems like you'd get more just by chance.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 09:52:34 AM »

A 9??

I have never bowled that bad, even as a toddler.  It was a pathetic night...  I guess I was just rusty and didn't have my form that gave me my 115-120 average.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 10:08:14 AM »

A 9??

I have never bowled that bad, even as a toddler.  It was a pathetic night...  I guess I was just rusty and didn't have my form that gave me my 115-120 average.

Maybe try bumpers?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 10:26:58 AM »

A 9??

Maybe try bumpers?

He can't lift, bend, or maneuver in any athletic way. That's the problem.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 10:44:05 AM »

A 9??

Maybe try bumpers?

I had just lost my form for most of the evening.  I found some semblance of it at times, but I could never sustain it.  I have no doubt my weight is the problem, but I bowled at this same weight (or within 5 pounds) in August 2013, so I have done it before even north of 280.

Anyway, I don't want to create a second update thread, so can we move this conversation to the real Update thread or maybe merge the two together, please?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »

A 9??

Maybe try bumpers?

I had just lost my form for most of the evening.  I found some semblance of it at times, but I could never sustain it.  I have no doubt my weight is the problem, but I bowled at this same weight (or within 5 pounds) in August 2013, so I have done it before even north of 280.

Anyway, I don't want to create a second update thread, so can we move this conversation to the real Update thread or maybe merge the two together, please?

I would petition Eraserhead via PM, as I've no intention of merging threads I started.  If he agrees with you that it should be merged then OK. 
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 11:19:33 AM »

my guess is bushie is sleeping in this morning.  deep muscle aches, im predicting.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 11:47:59 AM »

A 9??

You almost have to try to be that awful.  Wow...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2014, 12:34:33 PM »

I thought I would post my bowling update here.  Pathetic.  Absolutely pitiful.  I have not bowled this bad in years.  Granted, it has been 15 months since I last bowled, but still, my word.  We bowled 3 games.  My scores were 9, 61, and 70.  My running average throughout my bowling life has been around 115 to 120.  The first game, I kept swinging my ball way off to the right into the gutter.  The second game was slightly better, I started knocking down SOME pins, but only got one spare in the 10th inning.  The third game, I was starting to get into a rhythm, but still only managed one strike and no spares.  My left thigh muscle started to get a little sore in the third game, but it's since gone back to normal.  I am back at Grandma's now.  I will be going to bed around 0030 and be up between 0730 and 0800 for church.

A 9??

Yeah, that's what I said...  I was embarrassed to say the least... Here was my futile score card by frame for Game 1.

You almost have to try to be that awful.  Wow...

15 straight gutter balls.  A total inability to make adjustments.  Story of Update.  (at least Bushie probably "planned" to throw the ball a bit more to the left/right to compensate) 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »

Bowling is just barely a non-sedentary activity and he can barely do that. There is no hope.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »

I thought I would post my bowling update here.  Pathetic.  Absolutely pitiful.  I have not bowled this bad in years.  Granted, it has been 15 months since I last bowled, but still, my word.  We bowled 3 games.  My scores were 9, 61, and 70.  My running average throughout my bowling life has been around 115 to 120.  The first game, I kept swinging my ball way off to the right into the gutter.  The second game was slightly better, I started knocking down SOME pins, but only got one spare in the 10th inning.  The third game, I was starting to get into a rhythm, but still only managed one strike and no spares.  My left thigh muscle started to get a little sore in the third game, but it's since gone back to normal.  I am back at Grandma's now.  I will be going to bed around 0030 and be up between 0730 and 0800 for church.

A 9??

Yeah, that's what I said...  I was embarrassed to say the least... Here was my futile score card by frame for Game 1.

You almost have to try to be that awful.  Wow...

15 straight gutter balls.  A total inability to make adjustments.  Story of Update.  (at least Bushie probably "planned" to throw the ball a bit more to the left/right to compensate) 

Yes, this is a good metaphor. A f#cking 9 though, my take is that he was around people he didnt know very well and just completely choked because of it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2014, 07:05:46 PM »

We know how this is going to end...

Bushie throws out his back bowling on Saturday night.

Bushie calls in sick for work yet again on Monday.

I have bowled time and time again and only once have I thrown my back out.  I will no doubt be sore tonight, but it won't keep me from a full 24-hour week of work.

There is no such thing as a FULL 24 hour week.

this got overlooked.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2014, 07:07:42 PM »

There is NOTHING WRONG with believing that a full week is twenty-four hours.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »

His office will be closed for Thanksgiving and Friday. It's a full week.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2014, 08:24:52 PM »

Bushie should probably look into working part-time. Might be a lot more manageable for him.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2014, 10:19:48 AM »

His office will be closed for Thanksgiving and Friday. It's a full week.

He hasn't worked a FULL week yet, patrick1.  Tongue
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2014, 10:28:52 AM »

Bushie should probably look into working part-time. Might be a lot more manageable for him.

Bushie should do something under the table and collect disability over the table.  If he feels the need to put on a suit and tie and be Dick Van Dyke there's literally no job that'll be mad at him for overdressing. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies