Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 204039 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: December 27, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »

Amen, brother.  It's truly disgusting.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1301 on: December 27, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »

It's wonderful to convert innocent Muslim kids to Christianity?

Absolutely.

Why?  They practice a religion. So your group uses manipulative tactics and teaches them Muslims are evil?

We teach that Jesus is the only way to salvation.  Muhammed is dead and is powerless.  Jesus died, but rose again, and has the only power to save someone's soul from an eternity in hell.  Plus, Christianity - true Christianity - is NOT a religion.  It is a relationship with Almighty God.  Religion is man's attempt to get to God, Christianity is God coming down in human form (Jesus) and reaching out and saving mankind.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1302 on: December 27, 2014, 11:59:02 AM »

So, a religion
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1303 on: December 27, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »

Muhammad is dead and powerless?  Clever. Disgusting but clever.   I hope they enjoy their time making these kids mind right.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1304 on: December 27, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1305 on: December 27, 2014, 12:13:44 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2014, 04:21:43 PM by politicus »

Well, why not? Christianity is on its way to be wiped out in the Middle East outside of Lebanon and Egypt. Time to fight back.

EDIT: Talking about a spiritual fight and diplomatic/economic pressure to safeguard Christian minorities here. Islam is a spiritual superpower and the main competitor to Christianity in many regions. Trying to convert Muslims is generally an honourable and worthy endeavour. Although the way Jeffs relative goes about it is a bit dodgy.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1306 on: December 27, 2014, 12:17:52 PM »

The Bushman continues to show us that his brand of religion is dangerous, small brained and hateful.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1307 on: December 27, 2014, 12:21:57 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2014, 12:24:41 PM by 2015 Bushie »

The Bushman continues to show us that his brand of religion is dangerous, small brained and hateful.

One thing to know about my faith.  Nothing we do is out of hate.  Everything we do is out of genuine love.  The world doesn't receive it very well, because they reject Jesus Christ, but just as the Christian God is the Author of Love, so His children are called to do everything out of a manner of love.  Those who teach and preach out of hate are not commissioned to do so by our God and they will be held to account by God when they stand before Him at the Great White Throne Judgment giving an account for the lives they were given and the opportunities they had to minister in Jesus's name in love.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1308 on: December 27, 2014, 12:25:23 PM »

One thing to know about my faith.  Nothing we do is out of hate.  Everything we do is out of genuine love.  The world doesn't receive it very well, because they reject Jesus Christ, but just as the Christian God is the Author of Love, so His children are called to do everything out of a manner of love.  Those who teach and preach out of hate are not commissioned to do so by our God and they will be held to account by God when they stand before Him at the Great White Throne Judgment giving an account for the lives they were given and the opportunities they had to minister in Jesus's name in love.

oh
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1309 on: December 27, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »

Plus, Christianity - true Christianity - is NOT a religion.  It is a relationship with Almighty God.

Terrifying.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1310 on: December 27, 2014, 12:32:56 PM »

I have a question for the 'Reverend' Bushie. What lessons can be drawn from the kingship of Hezekiah?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1311 on: December 27, 2014, 12:34:40 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2014, 12:54:53 PM by politicus »

Plus, Christianity - true Christianity - is NOT a religion.  It is a relationship with Almighty God.

Jeff, the "Christianity is not a religion - it is a relationship with God" line is stupid and counterproductive. There is no point in inventing an alternative definition of religion (or subscribing to one) - you can claim that you believe Christianity is the only true religion, but it is a religion.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1312 on: December 27, 2014, 12:36:34 PM »

And Christians of Bushie's ilk are dangerous.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1313 on: December 27, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »

Yup.  I wish the Clan Bushie would just become oil barons of the milkshake mindset.  They would cause a lot less harm. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1314 on: December 27, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »

I was raised to believe that Christianity is fundamentally about how you live your life (i.e. that you lead it according to the teachings of Jesus). I will note at this point that the Gospels are full of declamations against religious hypocrisy. How does the 'Reverend' Bushie feel about this?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1315 on: December 27, 2014, 12:43:24 PM »

I have a question for the 'Reverend' Bushie. What lessons can be drawn from the kingship of Hezekiah?

Hezekiah was a godly king.  He feared God and brought the nation of Judah back to worshipping God.  His faith was spot on.  However, he was careless with Judah's money.  He showed the king of Assyria, who had already taken Israel captive, Judah's war chest.  Babylon got word of this and eventually conquered Judah and took her captive before releasing her 70 years later.  They destroyed King Solomon's temple in the process.  Hezekiah also racked up Judah's debt, much like what Presidents Bush and Obama have done with America.  The lesson for us today is that while our faith may be spot on, we must still exercise common sense in all areas of our lives.  God calls us to be on mission for Him, but He is also a logical God.  He calls us to be responsible and frugal when we need to be responsible and frugal while at the same time giving generously.  Basically, don't show your hand to your sworn enemies.  You are asking for trouble.

Funny you should ask this, because Representative James Lankford used this exact same lesson in one of his Senatorial primary ads aimed at President Obama about his racking up our national debt.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1316 on: December 27, 2014, 12:44:36 PM »

Bushie, talked to your pal Jimmy Lankford recently?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1317 on: December 27, 2014, 12:56:44 PM »

I was raised to believe that Christianity is fundamentally about how you live your life (i.e. that you lead it according to the teachings of Jesus). I will note at this point that the Gospels are full of declamations against religious hypocrisy. How does the 'Reverend' Bushie feel about this?

Religious hypocrisy is a huge no-no.  Christianity is fundamentally about the grace of God caring enough for His creation even though we had sinned horribly, but sending His only Son Jesus Christ into the world, to be born of a virgin, live a perfect life, and to be rejected by mankind and also by His Father and being nailed to the cross and die the most horrible death anyone could ever imagine.  But, not only His death, but conquering death in raising from the dead three days later and ascending to Heaven to be seated at the right hand of the Father.  This grace is undeserved in every way.   This grace is not fair.  It was not fair for Jesus, a perfect man, to have to die for lowly sinners such as I.  It was not fair for me, a sinner of sinners who deserved to rot away in hell for my transgressions to be extended the olive branch of salvation just by asking for His grace to cover my sins.  That's all I had to do.  I did not have to work for it, and I could not work for it.  I could never obtain it if I had to work for it.  Nobody else could either.  Now that I am saved, I am called to live a holy life, acceptable and pleasing to God, which is my spiritual act of worship (Romans 12:1, paraphrased).  I still fall way short, but God is no longer my enemy, He is my friend.  Jesus is my advocate before God (1 John 1:9-2:1).  When God sees me, He sees me through the lens of His Son's blood, and therefore does not see my sin, although he knows full well it's there.  Jesus's blood washes me white as snow.  Grace does not give me a license to sin, but the freedom to do good things for His kingdom.  When I mess up, and I screw up royally quite often, I just confess and I am forgiven immediately.  I don't have to be "re-saved" for I can never lose my salvation now that Jesus has bought me with His blood.  His blood is all I need.  My sin debt is paid in full and forever, not by anything I have done, but all by His blood.  Sometimes, many times in fact, I am a hypocrite, and therefore I need to repent, but again, that will never keep me out of heaven again.  His blood covers my sins in the past, present, and future.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1318 on: December 27, 2014, 01:08:37 PM »

My church once did a sermon series called "Exchanging the Bad News of Religion for the Good News of Jesus Christ"

The problem is, Bushie's church brings the former.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1319 on: December 27, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »

The attempts of any religion to describe itself as "not a religion" are invariably pathetic.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1320 on: December 27, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »

They are doing a wonderful thing and nobody on the face of this planet can ever deny that.

Yes I can deny it. Snake oil salesmen.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1321 on: December 27, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »

Are these the same people who are going to Africa to translate the Bible despite everyone in the country they're missionarying speaking English?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1322 on: December 27, 2014, 02:44:19 PM »

I think Bushie would make a very compelling missionary to non-Christian Africa.

He represents a religion where despite the fact that he is generally a horrible, lazy, self-centered person with zero self-discipline, despite taking financial and personal advantage of his parents and grandmother, despite engaging in gluttony and sloth and envy on a regular basis, he's still "saved" and doesn't ever have to do anything to atone for or rectify his behavior. I'd say it sounds like a pretty sweet deal compared to people asking you to blow yourself up.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1323 on: December 27, 2014, 02:45:51 PM »

And there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. DO NOT MOCK HIS FAITH!!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1324 on: December 27, 2014, 03:03:27 PM »

Plus, Christianity - true Christianity - is NOT a religion.  It is a relationship with Almighty God.

Terrifying.

Absolutely disgusting.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies