Will you commemorate April 29, 2017?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:14:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will you commemorate April 29, 2017?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will you commemorate April 29, 2017?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Will you commemorate April 29, 2017?  (Read 2203 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:17:17 PM »

Yes. I'll watch a Family Guy marathon on that day.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 12:30:35 PM »

Do I even want to be let in on this?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 12:31:46 PM »

Do I even want to be let in on this?

I know I don't.  Just vote no.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

?
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 01:09:20 PM »

Why does this thread exist?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »

Oh I know what this is. It's my 13 year anniversary of joining the Atlas Forum. April 29, 2004, 07:10:16 pm.

Thanks for the commemoration, friend. I don't see why a Family Guy marathon is in order, though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 01:47:08 PM »

I commemorate the wedding anniversary of Prince William and Duchess Catherine every year, yes. I will not be watching any episodes of Family Guy to mark the occasion.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 02:55:54 PM »

That's interesting King. Quite notable what happened on your third anniversary of being on Atlas.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »

srsly tho, spill the beans brtd, none of us are going to solve this riddle
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »

http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Boys_Do_Cry
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 03:20:50 PM »

So your favorite episode of Family Guy's 10th anniversary?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »

Oh, it's the 10th anniversary of Opebo Ingress strip clubs 10 minutes to Wapner hand-waving in church.  Fair enough.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 03:49:59 PM »

So is this like the episode that converted you to the Christian faith or something?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 03:53:32 PM »

Ohhhh that's the episode with the Sneakers O'Toole cutaway. Okay.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 03:55:56 PM »

c'mon I'm disappointed none of you guessed this; it was my first assumption before even clicking on the thread
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 04:05:55 PM »

sneakers o'toole is probably a cultural catholic
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 05:11:38 PM »

c'mon I'm disappointed none of you guessed this; it was my first assumption before even clicking on the thread

^^^^^^^^^
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 06:11:55 PM »

oh yeah, o'toole is an irish name.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 10:39:35 AM »

Well let's consider the possible interpretations of Sneakers O'Toole. One is that he is a representation of the homosexual community and their refusal to change for detractors in society. In that case it's safe to say he doesn't have much attachment to Catholicism. The second theory is he represents a terrorist threat to America, with the men in the suits representing the FBI and the CIA in their failure to protect America. If he's a fundamentalist Muslim, then it's possible that he was raised Catholic but obviously has now converted to Islam and has nothing to do with Catholicism at this point. The third theory is that he represents George W. Bush and his stubborn foreign policy, with the men in the suits representing the international community trying to prevent the invasion of Iraq, which he just shrugs off and continues along the way behaving like a spoiled child. George W. Bush isn't Catholic. The fourth theory is it's a parody of the "breakout character" with the way he was introduced out of nowhere. Such a character obviously could be Catholic, but it's worth noting in the very same episode the Griffin family is shown going to a church where the denomination isn't given, but is most likely some type of high church Protestant (see the reference to "Reverend" rather than "Priest"), so with the Catholic-style communion is likely either Episcopalian or perhaps high church Lutheran or Methodist. And it's well known that Peter is from an Irish Catholic family. Now of course they only attend because Lois is the organist and it's known that Lois is from a Protestant family but it's entirely possible that Sneakers O'Toole is from a similar marriage and thus like the Griffin children has an Irish surname but was not raised Catholic. It's also possible that he's a "mutt" with all sorts of different ancestries and just happened to end up with an Irish last name but with that representing only 1/4-1/16 of his total ancestry, in which case predicting the religious background one is raised in is almost impossible. For all we know he could be the descendant of an Irish convert to Mormonism. So unless Sneakers O'Toole makes another appearance, the truth is we don't know.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 11:41:49 AM »

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 11:51:32 AM »

Well let's consider the possible interpretations of Sneakers O'Toole. One is that he is a representation of the homosexual community and their refusal to change for detractors in society. In that case it's safe to say he doesn't have much attachment to Catholicism. The second theory is he represents a terrorist threat to America, with the men in the suits representing the FBI and the CIA in their failure to protect America. If he's a fundamentalist Muslim, then it's possible that he was raised Catholic but obviously has now converted to Islam and has nothing to do with Catholicism at this point. The third theory is that he represents George W. Bush and his stubborn foreign policy, with the men in the suits representing the international community trying to prevent the invasion of Iraq, which he just shrugs off and continues along the way behaving like a spoiled child. George W. Bush isn't Catholic. The fourth theory is it's a parody of the "breakout character" with the way he was introduced out of nowhere. Such a character obviously could be Catholic, but it's worth noting in the very same episode the Griffin family is shown going to a church where the denomination isn't given, but is most likely some type of high church Protestant (see the reference to "Reverend" rather than "Priest"), so with the Catholic-style communion is likely either Episcopalian or perhaps high church Lutheran or Methodist. And it's well known that Peter is from an Irish Catholic family. Now of course they only attend because Lois is the organist and it's known that Lois is from a Protestant family but it's entirely possible that Sneakers O'Toole is from a similar marriage and thus like the Griffin children has an Irish surname but was not raised Catholic. It's also possible that he's a "mutt" with all sorts of different ancestries and just happened to end up with an Irish last name but with that representing only 1/4-1/16 of his total ancestry, in which case predicting the religious background one is raised in is almost impossible. For all we know he could be the descendant of an Irish convert to Mormonism. So unless Sneakers O'Toole makes another appearance, the truth is we don't know.

I want to watch you present your theories to Seth MacFarlane, and then I want to watch him slap you. 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 12:57:10 PM »

I assumed it was bullying related.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2014, 05:07:11 AM by Breaking hearts and minds »

To answer the question... no, I won't.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 08:03:50 PM »

No

But I will sacrifice a goat to Odin on May 1, 2015

That's the 10 year anniversary of Family Guy returning to Fox after being cancelled.

The episode was North by North Quahog.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »

Nope, Sneakers and I are in the Hibernians together.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies