What will you do after the Rapture?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 08:42:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What will you do after the Rapture?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: What will you do after the Rapture?  (Read 37162 times)
David S
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2005, 04:29:53 PM »

As I recall the number is 144,000 people. In the US alone about 2 million people die every year. If you ratio that up to cover the world population and then figure it on a daily basis it works out to about 110,000 people dying every day. So maybe 144,000 disappearing would hardly be noticed.
155,000 die each day.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/xx.html#People

I'm sure your number is more accurate. Mine was just a rough approximation. In any event the 144,000 is about the number who die naturally anyway.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2005, 04:30:30 PM »

I know many of you think it is a myth or story.  But for a minute, imagine it being true as described in the Left Behind books.  One day, millions of people are missing.  What will you do?  Switch to Christianity?

As I recall the number is 144,000 people. In the US alone about 2 million people die every year. If you ratio that up to cover the world population and then figure it on a daily basis it works out to about 110,000 people dying every day. So maybe 144,000 disappearing would hardly be noticed.
You recall wrong.  That number refers to a special bunch of people that will be doing something special.  Only Jehova's Witnesses claim what you're stating. Smiley  I don't believe that.
I don't believe that either. Works alone won't save anybody. And I don't believe that there is a set number who will be saved.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2005, 04:31:24 PM »

Also keep in mind that the population will be way larger by the time the rapture is supposed to occur.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2005, 04:32:53 PM »

I know many of you think it is a myth or story.  But for a minute, imagine it being true as described in the Left Behind books.  One day, millions of people are missing.  What will you do?  Switch to Christianity?

You recall wrong.  That number refers to a special bunch of people that will be doing something special.  Only Jehova's Witnesses claim what you're stating. Smiley  I don't believe that.  These special people will consist of 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.  They have a specific goal and have been selected for a very specific task.

I guess I can't blame that one on the Jehovah's. If its wrong it was my mistake. Smiley
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2005, 04:33:13 PM »

Faith alone= theology built so Protestants could keep their money and not give two sh**ts for the poor.
We don't want other people to spend our money.  We believe in our own charities.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2005, 04:35:19 PM »

I don't believe that either. Works alone won't save anybody. And I don't believe that there is a set number who will be saved.
At least we agree on something.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2005, 04:36:13 PM »

Faith alone= theology built so Protestants could keep their money and not give two sh**ts for the poor.
We don't want other people to spend our money.  We believe in our own charities.

I believe in all charity. Not just organized chruch charity's
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2005, 04:38:56 PM »

Who said anything about organized church charities?

Bottom line is stealing money (taxes) and spending it is NOT CHARITY.  When I give to a charity, it makes me feel good about myself.  When I pay taxes that I know will go to some lazy welfare bum, I don't feel good about myself.

And I'm also NOT going to pay taxes so that the government can spend it on other sinful things.  It is wrong.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2005, 04:42:29 PM »

I never said works alone will save because that could not be further from the truth.  You must have faith first and foremost and perform good works.  The theology is called justification.  A pretty good website for where the R.C. chruch stands is http://www.catholicapologetics.org

Richius, why would you read a book whose authors and most readers believe Lev. 20:13?  They like to take everything literally you know. (except the Eucharist of course.)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2005, 04:43:55 PM »

Bottom line is stealing money (taxes) and spending it is NOT CHARITY.  When I give to a charity, it makes me feel good about myself.  When I pay taxes that I know will go to some lazy welfare bum, I don't feel good about myself.

And I'm also NOT going to pay taxes so that the government can spend it on other sinful things.  It is wrong.

Who said anything about taxes??  Well it is April 15th here in the states so I guess your rant is only fitting.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2005, 04:45:24 PM »

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and give to God what is God's."
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2005, 04:51:16 PM »

http://www.anti-state.com/article.php?article_id=153&PHPSESSID=926018f6976a51f9940865be17705d58
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 06:31:27 PM »

http://www.anti-state.com/article.php?article_id=153&PHPSESSID=926018f6976a51f9940865be17705d58

What is that supposed to prove? I already knew Jesus didn't care about any nation or authority on Earth. The only authority that matters is God's authority, and what we have to do here on Earth is try to get along with out killing each other.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2005, 06:32:51 PM »

Thats fine.  I'll give Caesar his duties and levies.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2005, 06:37:27 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2005, 06:40:48 PM by Senator Supersoulty »

155,000 die each day.

This is basic "Theology 101 for Dumbasses"

The choice of 144,000 in the bible has nothing to do with the acctually number of "elect".  Instead, the number is equal to 12*12,000.  12 is the number of tribes that were originally a part of Israel.  12,000 is just a big number that was choosen because it was 12*1000.  The number has no significance other than to say that there will be many people choosen and they will come from all over the world (the tweleve tribes).
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2005, 06:43:51 PM »

155,000 die each day.

The choice of 144,000 in the bible has nothing to do with the acctually number of "elect".  Instead, the number is equal to 12*12,000.  12 is the number of tribes that were originally a part of Israel.  12,000 is just a big number that was choosen because it was 12*1000.  The number has no significance other than to say that there will be many people choosen and they will come from all over the world (the tweleve tribes).

Do you really think it matters how knowledgable you are about the Bible? Really all anybody has to know is that works alone won't get you into heaven. That faith and faith alone is the only way to righteousness.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2005, 06:47:19 PM »

155,000 die each day.

Do you really think it matters how knowledgable you are about the Bible? Really all anybody has to know is that works alone won't get you into heaven. That faith and faith alone is the only way to righteousness.

#1  Yes, I do think it is important for one to know what Jesus taught and what it means.  It might not be vital for possible salvation, but I do believe it is important.

#2  Read James lately?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2005, 06:49:56 PM »

And if one is going to make an idiotic claim like "only 144,000 will be 'elected'", I like to prove to them that they are morons.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2005, 06:54:49 PM »

And if one is going to make an idiotic claim like "only 144,000 will be 'elected'", I like to prove to them that they are morons.
Do you believe in the rapture sir?
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2005, 06:58:05 PM »

I would have said misguided instead of calling them morons. And I haven't read James. I've recently become a Christian and only know the basics. I've read Genesis in the OT and Matthew, Mark, Galatians,and am currently working on Romans. So I don't really know what is in James. But my growth group leader has always told me that works are not the only way into heaven.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2005, 07:00:40 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2005, 07:18:38 PM by Senator Supersoulty »

Do you believe in the rapture sir?

No, assuming that that is what Revelations is about (doubtful) it doesn't even happen in the Bible, the same way that Protestants champion.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2005, 07:01:13 PM »

While we're on the twelve tribes, what were the twelve tribes, and where are they now.

(sorry if this is a stupid question Smiley)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2005, 07:04:09 PM »

While we're on the twelve tribes, what were the twelve tribes, and where are they now.

Let's see which ones I can get without looking:

Judah
Benjamin
Levi
Dan
Joseph
Ruben
Simeon
Gad

ummmmm....
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2005, 07:04:55 PM »

The sons of Israel (Jacob, son of Isaac, son of Abraham) formed the 12 tribes of Israel: Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Benjamin, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Ephraim and Manasseh.  Levi was the tribe of the priests of Israel.  Judah is the tribe in which David and Jesus was born.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2005, 07:06:23 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israelites
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies