What will you do after the Rapture?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:49:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What will you do after the Rapture?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: What will you do after the Rapture?  (Read 36848 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2005, 01:00:56 AM »

Ever heard of something called 'forgiveness'?

There is no forgiveness for homosexuality. At least that's what the right-wingers say.
Quote, please?

P.S. If they are so bothersome, why do you take anything they affirm seriously?

No Scoonie. If you continue to practice the sin then you can not be forgiven. I do not see how that is an unreasonable position. That applies to whatever the sin may be: Theft, murder, adultery, etc.

I don't really see homosexual behavior as a sin. If I remember correctly the part of the bible that says "man shall not lie with man as he does with woman" or whatever also says that shaving your beard is a sin, and so is sowing a field with more than 1 kind of seed. Guess were all pretty fukced eh?

Well that is the old testament of course. Which is irrelevant to Christians in large part. But the book for Romans & Corinthians also speaks out against homosexual acts. Which I use as my grounds for debate. I don't really base my argument on Leviticus as it's irrelevant to me.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2005, 01:10:54 AM »

There is no forgiveness for homosexuality. At least that's what the right-wingers say.
Quote, please?

No Scoonie. If you continue to practice the sin then you can not be forgiven. I do not see how that is an unreasonable position. That applies to whatever the sin may be: Theft, murder, adultery, etc.

I don't really see homosexual behavior as a sin. If I remember correctly the part of the bible that says "man shall not lie with man as he does with woman" or whatever also says that shaving your beard is a sin, and so is sowing a field with more than 1 kind of seed. Guess were all pretty fukced eh?

Well that is the old testament of course. Which is irrelevant to Christians in large part. But the book for Romans & Corinthians also speaks out against homosexual acts. Which I use as my grounds for debate. I don't really base my argument on Leviticus as it's irrelevant to me.

Speaking of gays:

"Males did shameful things with males and thus received in there own persons the due penalty for their perversity. ~ They are filled with every form of wickedness, evil, greed, and malice; full of envy, murder, rivalry, treachery, and spite. They are gossips, and scandalmongers and they hate God. They are insolent, haughty, boastful, ingenious in there wickedness, and rebellious toward there parents. They are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless."

Sounds a little overboard statesrights. This aint god talkin - this is Paul talking and sharing his own homophobia.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2005, 04:21:08 AM »

wait...i just want to get this clarified. so if there is a man who lives in the fantasy country of Bumborguslavia and he is a great man and does all helpful things during his life, but was never told about the Christian religion, he will go to Hell? [sarcasm]thats fairness at its finest[/sarcasm]

If that happened, is because God did not predestinated him for salvation.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2005, 09:02:59 AM »

Roll Eyes

To pretty much everything in this thread
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »

Quote, please?

Speaking of gays:

"Males did shameful things with males and thus received in there own persons the due penalty for their perversity. ~ They are filled with every form of wickedness, evil, greed, and malice; full of envy, murder, rivalry, treachery, and spite. They are gossips, and scandalmongers and they hate God. They are insolent, haughty, boastful, ingenious in there wickedness, and rebellious toward there parents. They are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless."

Sounds a little overboard statesrights. This aint god talkin - this is Paul talking and sharing his own homophobia.

I never understood why Christian would love a God so much who would give a man gay desires, and than send him to hell for acting on them.  Kinda asshole if you ask me. 
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2005, 12:05:46 PM »

Since I bumped it or in general?
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2005, 02:30:04 PM »

wait...i just want to get this clarified. so if there is a man who lives in the fantasy country of Bumborguslavia and he is a great man and does all helpful things during his life, but was never told about the Christian religion, he will go to Hell? [sarcasm]thats fairness at its finest[/sarcasm]

Predestination is absurd, frankly. If man has no say, then why should he bother trying to be virtuous?

And any God that intentionally creates beings for the purpose of them to eternally suffer sounds more like a Devil then a God!
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2005, 02:32:56 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2005, 02:36:03 PM by Governor Bono »

Predestination is absurd, frankly. If man has no say, then why should he bother trying to be virtuous?
If he is predestined for salvation, he will try to be virtuous. Of course, he won'tmake it, for no one can be righteous to God.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

How can you question God?

6That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. 8Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

Isaiah 45:6-8
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2005, 02:36:03 PM »

And any God that intentionally creates beings for the purpose of them to eternally suffer sounds more like a Devil then a God!
The Bible, as far as I have studied it, appears to be quite clear that salvation or damnation is predestined.

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren." (Romans 8:29)

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will." (Ephesians 1:4-5)

There are, however, other verses that may be interpreted to indicate that there is free will.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2005, 02:41:03 PM »

At the risk of being accused of blasphemy, I should point out Jesus himself questioned the Father on the cross:

"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not." (Psalms 22:1-2)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2005, 02:42:17 PM »

At the risk of being accused of blasphemy, I should point out Jesus himself questioned the Father on the cross:

"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not." (Psalms 22:1-2)

That's not exactly what I meant. Yes, of course you can question God. Just that you'll be wrong.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2005, 02:45:13 PM »

There are three types of laws: moral laws, civil laws, and ceremonial laws. The moral laws in the Old Testament certainly apply to people everywhere for all generations and in every country. The civil laws were intended only for Israel, and the ceremonial laws only for Jews.

Not shaving your beard was a ceremonial law.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2005, 02:48:29 PM »

That's not exactly what I meant. Yes, of course you can question God. Just that you'll be wrong.
Well, I know what you meant. I merely remark that if Jesus questions his Father, then why is it unjustified for another person to do the same?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2005, 05:28:46 PM »

After the rapture i usually roll over and fall asleep.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2005, 05:31:15 PM »

Doubts and questions make one's faith stronger.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2005, 05:35:01 PM »

Quote, please?

Speaking of gays:

I'm not going to waste my time explaining this to you any further.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2005, 05:41:44 PM »

Questioning what another human thinks about God is not questioning God himself, unless you think that God is speaking directly through you.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2005, 07:05:10 PM »

After the rapture i usually roll over and fall asleep.

LOL!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #243 on: July 31, 2005, 02:14:47 PM »

Rapture? I don't think many Scots over here worry about it Smiley
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2006, 06:03:30 PM »

Bumping for some quality religious lunacy.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2006, 06:05:05 PM »

Quickly hijack a US nuclear silo and find how many nuclear tipped ICBMs you need to kill Jehovah, jesus, the holy spirit and the angels
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #246 on: July 20, 2006, 06:10:14 PM »

I would go out and yell dirty things about Jesus and then moon him Tongue.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #247 on: July 20, 2006, 06:59:19 PM »

Rapture, huh? Well I always preferred the old skool stuff myself, like Will Smith and Run DMC... Oh wait... Nevermind.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #248 on: July 20, 2006, 10:00:44 PM »

Actually, IMO, they're wrong.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2006, 01:07:59 AM »

I can't answer that question because I wouldn't be here after the Rapture.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies