What will you do after the Rapture?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:26:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What will you do after the Rapture?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: What will you do after the Rapture?  (Read 36846 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2005, 12:09:54 AM »

Ever heard of something called 'forgiveness'?

There is no forgiveness for homosexuality. At least that's what the right-wingers say.
Quote, please?

P.S. If they are so bothersome, why do you take anything they affirm seriously?

No Scoonie. If you continue to practice the sin then you can not be forgiven. I do not see how that is an unreasonable position. That applies to whatever the sin may be: Theft, murder, adultery, etc.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2005, 12:26:45 AM »

I'm quite confused by what the definition of that is, as my bible skills are quite rusty. Would a homosexual that cannot voluntarily change their sexual orientation but doesn't engage in any sexual activity and resists the temptation go to hell?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2005, 12:30:45 AM »

I'm quite confused by what the definition of that is, as my bible skills are quite rusty. Would a homosexual that cannot voluntarily change their sexual orientation but doesn't engage in any sexual activity and resists the temptation go to hell?

Uh, well, sinning is ACTUALLY doing the act. Resisting temptation is exactly what God wants you to do.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2005, 12:36:08 AM »

I'm also wondering about another level of it. What if one were to think about it, but never do it? How does that play in?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2005, 12:41:16 AM »

I'm also wondering about another level of it. What if one were to think about it, but never do it? How does that play in?

That's a more delicate subject.

Clearly, it's natural for a person to have sexual desires, hate towards someone for something they did --- it's not a sin to have these kinds of reactions.

But what happens when hate grows to a point where a person actually plans on committing harm to someone else? That's a sin, despite the action not occurring. Refusing to forgive someone? Don't know if it's a sin,  but it's not advisable either way.

God realizes when you are being sincere, when you are reacting towards something in a completely natural way, and when you go beyond that into territories  that are no longer excused by a  "natural reaction."

Hope that helps.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2005, 02:45:29 AM »

Uh, declare war on God for killing so many innocent people I guess. 
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2005, 08:03:12 AM »

Since they have been raptured, they're clearly in a better place now, so why would you complain?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2005, 09:16:31 AM »

Since they have been raptured, they're clearly in a better place now, so why would you complain?

I'm thinking he's talking about the people killed in the aftermath of that event simply because they are non-Christians.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2005, 01:49:18 PM »

I'm thinking he's talking about the people killed in the aftermath of that event simply because they are non-Christians.

Oh, so the Rapture is kind of like a large-scale Christian equivalent of suicide bombers?  They all believe they're going to Heaven and everybody else is going to Hell.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2005, 02:17:37 PM »

just because your non-christians doesnt mean you wont be sent to heaven
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2005, 03:06:02 PM »

If you're talking about a Christian heaven (which I assume you aren't) then, unfortunatley, you're wrong. I don't like saying it, but there's no way around scripture.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »

If you're talking about a Christian heaven (which I assume you aren't) then, unfortunatley, you're wrong. I don't like saying it, but there's no way around scripture.

yes, i am talking about a Christian Heaven. im a Christian, therefore, i would be refering to a Christian Heaven. I believe that if youre a good person and were never taught about the Bible or the scripture, how could you be punished for that?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2005, 03:40:02 PM »

yes, i am talking about a Christian Heaven. im a Christian, therefore, i would be refering to a Christian Heaven. I believe that if youre a good person and were never taught about the Bible or the scripture, how could you be punished for that?
Your belief is very reasonable. However, Nation is correct: there is no way around the explicit words presented by scripture.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life [...] but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

It is unequivocally the position of the New Testament that anyone who does not believe that Jesus is his Lord and Savior, for whatever reason, is doomed to the Inferno.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2005, 03:48:59 PM »

Your belief is very reasonable. However, Nation is correct: there is no way around the explicit words presented by scripture.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life [...] but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

It is unequivocally the position of the New Testament that anyone who does not believe that Jesus is his Lord and Savior, for whatever reason, is doomed to the Inferno.
thats lame Tongue times change, and not all the wording can be assumed to be true exactly down to the last word.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2005, 03:55:16 PM »

thats lame Tongue times change, and not all the wording can be assumed to be true exactly down to the last word.
Eh, well, that was certainly the meaning of the original Greek text. All the English translations of that verse that I have looked up, as well as the Vulgate Bible (Latin), indicate the same thing.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2005, 03:56:15 PM »

Eh, well, that was certainly the meaning of the original Greek text. All the English translations of that verse that I have looked up, as well as the Vulgate Bible (Latin), indicate the same thing.
well....its still lame. really, really lame. Tongue
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2005, 04:02:54 PM »

well....its still lame. really, really lame. Tongue
You should read Dante's Inferno.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2005, 04:07:40 PM »

wait...i just want to get this clarified. so if there is a man who lives in the fantasy country of Bumborguslavia and he is a great man and does all helpful things during his life, but was never told about the Christian religion, he will go to Hell? [sarcasm]thats fairness at its finest[/sarcasm]
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2005, 04:16:40 PM »

wait...i just want to get this clarified. so if there is a man who lives in the fantasy country of Bumborguslavia and he is a great man and does all helpful things during his life, but was never told about the Christian religion, he will go to Hell?
Yes. Also, people who lived and died before Christ was born went to Hell (according to the Christian theology).
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2005, 04:19:06 PM »

wait...i just want to get this clarified. so if there is a man who lives in the fantasy country of Bumborguslavia and he is a great man and does all helpful things during his life, but was never told about the Christian religion, he will go to Hell?
Yes. Also, people who lived and died before Christ was born went to Hell (according to the Christian theology).
well thats something, isnt it?
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2005, 05:29:57 PM »

While reading the Left Behind Series I came to the conclusion, however reluctantly, that given such overwhelming evidence I would become a Christian, and endure years of endless strife as a believer in Christ.

But until that time, I remain a godless heathen Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2005, 12:25:54 AM »

Well you are right in a sense. Unless of course you were Jewish. But they don't believe that the soul goes directly to heaven in any event.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2005, 12:26:53 AM »

I hate to be a "meanie" but you can not use Christianity as some jello mold and make it fit around your views.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2005, 12:29:59 AM »

I hate to be a "meanie" but you can not use Christianity as some jello mold and make it fit around your views.

Meanie. Sad
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2005, 12:50:44 AM »

Ever heard of something called 'forgiveness'?

There is no forgiveness for homosexuality. At least that's what the right-wingers say.
Quote, please?

P.S. If they are so bothersome, why do you take anything they affirm seriously?

No Scoonie. If you continue to practice the sin then you can not be forgiven. I do not see how that is an unreasonable position. That applies to whatever the sin may be: Theft, murder, adultery, etc.

I don't really see homosexual behavior as a sin. If I remember correctly the part of the bible that says "man shall not lie with man as he does with woman" or whatever also says that shaving your beard is a sin, and so is sowing a field with more than 1 kind of seed. Guess were all pretty fukced eh?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies