OK, what happened in Maryland??? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:45:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OK, what happened in Maryland??? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OK, what happened in Maryland???  (Read 9552 times)
Kraxner
Rookie

« on: November 07, 2014, 02:40:44 PM »

The Democratic gubernatorial wave fell just a tad short in MD I suppose.

If democrats just stopped with campaigning on gun control they might of kept illinois and maryland.

I dont understand why they just keep giving the republicans free votes with such a loser issue.
Kraxner
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 03:06:30 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2014, 03:09:46 PM by Kraxner »

The Democratic gubernatorial wave fell just a tad short in MD I suppose.

If democrats just stopped with campaigning on gun control they might of kept illinois and maryland.

I dont understand why they just keep giving the republicans free votes with such a loser issue.

No... MD Dems did not lose because of gun control it was more about taxes than anything.

http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/gun-control-forefront-of-maryland-governor-debate/29126656

Gun control really upset a lot of the few rural residents in maryland despite it being urban and a relatively small state.

Also O'malley's falling approval ratings didn't help at all and Anthony Brown made little efforts to differentiate himself from his boss.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/as-omalleys-approval-rating-falls-md-voters-not-confident-in-his-presidential-bid/2014/10/11/e48aebd2-5096-11e4-8c24-487e92bc997b_story.html
Kraxner
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 11:26:45 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2014, 11:45:33 PM by Kraxner »

Any marylander's willing to tell us about the state your economy?

News articles told me that maryland has yet to create net jobs since 2008 and the "liberal tax hikes" enacted by O'Malley to please progressives and be a covert sh**tck to appeal to them in a possible run for the primary, might have upset many white democrats into voting for hogan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies