OK, what happened in Maryland???
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:24:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OK, what happened in Maryland???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: OK, what happened in Maryland???  (Read 9518 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:57:17 PM »

Seeiously...was not expecting that at all.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:12:08 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2014, 12:14:47 AM by ilikeverin »

1) No one talked about this race.
2) Not even in Maryland.
3) --> TURNOUT

EDIT: Oh, and Baltimore County apparently.
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:25:34 AM »

Barack Obama visiting and campaigning side-by-side with Brown.

Anywhere that Barack Obama went to campaign for Democrats, they've lost.

I'm sorry to tell those of you that are here who are Democrats but Obama is a political cyanide pill for your political party.  Your party has chosen to swallow that pill willingly and it's come back to haunt you more than you'll ever realize.

If it was just a political difference between Democratic candidates and Republican ones, this wouldn't have occurred.  Obama uttered the ultimate sin for an widely unpopular president when he espoused that HE wasn't on the ballot but that HIS policies were.  That moment, that singular moment, was the kiss of death for the Democrats this election.

Satan could have run as a Republican against Jesus Christ as a Democrat and the country would have chosen Satan.  If you can't see it, I can't help you at all.

I was told just days ago that Obama was widely popular in Maryland and that Obama's campaign stops with Brown wouldn't hurt him.  I'm tell you - it spelled Brown's doom.  The race was over the moment Brown was seen standing in unity by Obama's side.

Mull on that over the next two years.

I haven't even seen the final results yet in the Connecticut race for governor yet, but I would not be surprised at all to see Republicans take it too.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 12:26:19 AM »

I'm completely shocked. I don't even know what to say.
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:28:17 AM »

I'm completely shocked. I don't even know what to say.

I do.  How's this?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*laughing at proto-Marxist Democrats*
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 12:29:13 AM »

Complacency is what happened. 
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 12:33:21 AM »

You keep believing that and it'll be worse yet in two years time for Democrats.

If the Democrats select Elizabeth Warren or Hillary Clinton, they'll get pummeled in 2016.  It won't matter who the GOP selects to run.  They could throw up the corpses that are Bob Dole & Juan McCain and win handily.
CountyTy90
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 12:37:44 AM »

My jaw literally just hit the ground when CNN officially called this race.

Also with my home state ousting the People's Pat. I really believed that Patty Q would win...
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 12:38:08 AM »

This is unbelievable. Same with Pat Quinn in Illinois. Hopefully Hogan's gone after 1 term, just like Erlich.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 12:43:51 AM »

If the Democrats select Elizabeth Warren or Hillary Clinton, they'll get pummeled in 2016.  It won't matter who the GOP selects to run.  They could throw up the corpses that are Bob Dole & Juan McCain and win handily.

I'm sure you were this confident after 2010 as well. How did that turn out again?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 01:30:38 AM »

I'm as shocked as any of you.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 02:29:43 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U88kZ6mqrg0
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 02:30:48 AM »

Mods, isn't this the 'tell' for one of our more inveterate sockmasters?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 03:03:17 AM »

Also with my home state ousting the People's Pat. I really believed that Patty Q would win...

I see, but we all knew this was going to be a tough one for Quinn. Meanwhile, who the hell would expect a Republican victory in Maryland?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 03:05:02 AM »

The Fascist party caught the democrats sleeping. Maryland is in for 4 evil years under the rain of a tyrant.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 03:09:46 AM »

I'm sorry to tell those of you that are here who are Democrats but Obama is a political cyanide pill for your political party.  Your party has chosen to swallow that pill willingly and it's come back to haunt you more than you'll ever realize.

If it was just a political difference between Democratic candidates and Republican ones, this wouldn't have occurred.  Obama uttered the ultimate sin for an widely unpopular president when he espoused that HE wasn't on the ballot but that HIS policies were.  That moment, that singular moment, was the kiss of death for the Democrats this election.

Satan could have run as a Republican against Jesus Christ as a Democrat and the country would have chosen Satan.  If you can't see it, I can't help you at all.

I was told just days ago that Obama was widely popular in Maryland and that Obama's campaign stops with Brown wouldn't hurt him.  I'm tell you - it spelled Brown's doom.  The race was over the moment Brown was seen standing in unity by Obama's side.

I haven't even seen the final results yet in the Connecticut race for governor yet, but I would not be surprised at all to see Republicans take it too.

Obviously Obama deserves some of his disfavorables thanks to his general mediocrity, but the right-wing noise machine would have driven down any Democratic President's approvals.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 03:48:24 AM »

Ted Cruz is gonna win Maryland in a landslide in 2016 now.
CountyTy90
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 03:56:57 AM »

I see, but we all knew this was going to be a tough one for Quinn. Meanwhile, who the hell would expect a Republican victory in Maryland?

I admit I knew it was gonna be tough for Patty Q, but recently the vast majority of commercials have been pro Quinn, including one with him and Barack and two different ones with Michelle. I thought that was Rauner admitting defeat, turns out it was Quinn who was trying to pad his loss in the burbs.

My sister worked for the Rauner campaign and she had faith all the time, in fact, I texted her tonight saying how sorry I was she was gonna lose... I'm a terrible brother.

But what about the margins on the Eastern Shore? I spit out my Pizza Hut when I saw Queen Anne's County went 80% Republican... I mean... this county is located in Maryland, right? Cray!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 04:36:50 AM »

The Fascist party caught the democrats sleeping. Maryland is in for 4 evil years under the rain of a tyrant.

LOLZ
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 05:00:15 AM »

I'm still shocked by this. I mean, 2002 was considered a perfect storm for Republicans, and they still only won by 4 points. This time, they won by 9 points, when the state is more diverse and more Democratic than it was 12 years ago. Truly insane.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 06:02:36 AM »

I'm still shocked by this. I mean, 2002 was considered a perfect storm for Republicans, and they still only won by 4 points. This time, they won by 9 points, when the state is more diverse and more Democratic than it was 12 years ago. Truly insane.

Looks like my internal wasn't so crazy, huh?
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 06:07:22 AM »

This one is a total shock.  I used to live in Montgomery County MD.  Looking at results from that county I would have said that Dems win in MD.  The victory comes from unexpected GOP strength in Howard and Baltimore County.  There seems to be two elections, one for places like Montgomery and PG which has been trending D for a while now with higher AA share of the population and another election in the rest of MD.  Since no one saw this coming there are no exit polls so we have no clue why and how this took place.
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 07:12:07 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2014, 07:54:45 AM by anarchy2day »

If the Democrats select Elizabeth Warren or Hillary Clinton, they'll get pummeled in 2016.  It won't matter who the GOP selects to run.  They could throw up the corpses that are Bob Dole & Juan McCain and win handily.

I'm sure you were this confident after 2010 as well. How did that turn out again?

And you probably believed that she was a shoe-in in 2008, right?

As for me, I did have confidence that the world had righted itself after 2010, but this isn't 2010.  We've had 4 more years of buffoonery from this president and your beloved Hillary was an integral part of it.

But I digress and will part with this blurb from someone famous.  What difference does it make?
anarchy2day
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 07:16:10 AM »

Obviously Obama deserves some of his disfavorables thanks to his general mediocrity, but the right-wing noise machine would have driven down any Democratic President's approvals.

Tyrants are never popular with the peasantry.

We'll see if the tyranny that has metastasized in the form of Obama (with jesters Reid & Pelosi) will moderate themselves and become sane again.  Personally, I'm not expecting it.
Nichlemn

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 07:16:24 AM »

Wow, 9 points? I saw it as 6.

Brown got a lower percentage of the vote than Corbett did.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies