John Oliver's show on Ayn Rand
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:43:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  John Oliver's show on Ayn Rand
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Oliver's show on Ayn Rand  (Read 195 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2014, 12:45:30 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8m8cQI4DgM

Ahahahahahahahah, great job. Yeah it's mindboggling anyone including conservatives have any remotely positive view of her whatsoever.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2014, 08:57:56 AM by HockeyDude »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8m8cQI4DgM

Ahahahahahahahah, great job. Yeah it's mindboggling anyone including conservatives have any remotely positive view of her whatsoever.

I'll give the woman the credit of at least thinking critically, even if she had some severe hangups recognizing the moral depravity of her words.

EDIT: Eh, it's definitely the atheism thing that gives me the tiniest of soft spots for her.  She's objectively putrid.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »

Conservatives have a long history of supporting things without thinking much about them. They also love Jesus but don't give any pause to his statements about giving everything you own to the poor. They lionize Reagan and ignore his amnesty for illegals.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 10:50:58 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2014, 10:53:12 AM by King »

Disappointing from what I was promised in the thread. It was just a take down of her personal life when there's so many ways to attack her actual beliefs.

A person's selfish drive to success requires acts of selflessness (even if they may be selfish in nature) to occur. Businesses require risk investments which many times are built more on hope and trust than data. Career advancement generally happens through networking and relationship building that has no material value in of itself.  The Randite me-first idea of "just doing your job" in a vacuum first doesn't really advance you anywhere. Most people who follow this belief do not advance beyond middle management because they're just cogs.

Even Mark Cuban who claims to love Rand in the video does not show the kind of behavior generally advocated by Rand in his business decisions. Cuban is well known as a man who "takes care of his people" and is famous for being very generous with his money in terms of gifts for his employees and investing in people because he likes them on a personal level. He is not as Fountainhead as he thinks.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies