GA: Survey USA: Final poll has Perdue+3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:29:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  GA: Survey USA: Final poll has Perdue+3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: GA: Survey USA: Final poll has Perdue+3  (Read 5866 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2014, 07:15:15 AM »

New Poll: Georgia Senator by Survey USA on 2014-11-02

Summary: D: 44%, R: 47%, I: 5%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 07:53:48 AM »

That smile that crept across my face just now though...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 07:56:40 AM »

Nunn ran a great race. Maybe next time. (I do think it's still going to a runoff though - which she should lose.)
KCDem

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:11:45 AM »

Poll has blacks at 26% of the electorate with Nunn at 29% with whites. Even in 2010, blacks made up 28% of the electorate. Given the early voting numbers, they will make up 30% of the electorate tomorrow. So according to this poll, Nunn is favored to win outright, which is glorious news!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:37:46 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2014, 08:39:43 AM by Lowly Griff »

Just wait. I mean, KCDem is right to an extent...unless the coordinated campaigns and the DPG have done the job of the century in turning out a disproportionate number of black voters who would have normally voted on Election Day (unlikely, as my ATL connections suggest that the DPG wasn't even aware of how much black turnout was surging throughout early voting during the final week until the end), we're looking at a 30-32% black electorate when all is said and done.

If blacks are at 32% and Nunn gets 29% of whites, she wins a majority.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 08:45:47 AM »

Poll has blacks at 26% of the electorate with Nunn at 29% with whites. Even in 2010, blacks made up 28% of the electorate. Given the early voting numbers, they will make up 30% of the electorate tomorrow. So according to this poll, Nunn is favored to win outright, which is glorious news!

Let's hope you are right and she wins outright tomorrow.  Otherwise, it's going to be tough--I think her only chance of winning in the runoff (which I believe is likely) will happen if the GOP can assure the 51 majority (either tomorrow night or after the Louisiana runoff).  And even then it will be difficult.

She has run a great race (as has Carter)--and I did not expect either of them to be in the game this late in the contest. 
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 09:17:55 AM »

The fact that Warner's race never got competitive and that Hagan has been the one "threatened" incumbent to consistently hold a small lead in the polls is why Nunn may still do well tomorrow. Whatever is happening among the electorate as a whole, the African-American vote in the coastal southeast is a bright spot for Dems.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »

What's the news? This race has been all but certain to go to runoff for weeks now, and Perdue's chances in the runoff are very good (and almost a given if Senate control comes down to LA and GA).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2014, 11:22:09 AM by Lowly Griff »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Recalcuate

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 11:23:02 AM »

Even assuming that uptick and that the EV advantage lasts through election day, you'd likely be getting a runoff. (Basically take the Perdue numbers and adjust 2-3%).

At this point, it's still likely a runoff. Perdue's chances of avoiding the runoff have improved slightly, Nunn's have fallen.
KCDem

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 11:36:27 AM »

Even assuming that uptick and that the EV advantage lasts through election day, you'd likely be getting a runoff. (Basically take the Perdue numbers and adjust 2-3%).

At this point, it's still likely a runoff. Perdue's chances of avoiding the runoff have improved slightly, Nunn's have fallen.

^^^Because I'm an "independent" from NY and I said so!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 11:45:31 AM »

Plus he's, y'know, correct.
Recalcuate

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 11:51:11 AM »

Sorry dude, there is very little hackery there with that analysis. Look at the recent polling.

R+3, R+4, Tie, R+2, R+2.

Even when Nunn was up, I've stated you're probably going to need a +4 from either candidate in polling to get a past a runoff. The Libertarian is good for 2-3 points, historically.

Any "adjustments" based on the difference in black early vote doesn't get you to a runoff-proof D lead.

I'm pretty sure 538 would conclude that the runoff chances could be slightly less than 70% now (and not by much), Perdue's chances of avoiding the runoff have improved and Nunn's chances of avoiding a runoff have fallen.
KCDem

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 11:56:28 AM »

Sorry dude, there is very little hackery there with that analysis. Look at the recent polling.

R+3, R+4, Tie, R+2, R+2.

Even when Nunn was up, I've stated you're probably going to need a +4 from either candidate in polling to get a past a runoff. The Libertarian is good for 2-3 points, historically.

Any "adjustments" based on the difference in black early vote doesn't get you to a runoff-proof D lead.

I'm pretty sure 538 would conclude that the runoff chances could be slightly less than 70% now (and not by much), Perdue's chances of avoiding the runoff have improved and Nunn's chances of avoiding a runoff have fallen.

I'm sorry but the polling has bee junk everywhere so I'm sorry if I trust campaign modeling over junk public polling. Nunn's camp and the DSCC are confident they can get over 50% tomorrow.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 11:57:22 AM »

Actually, like I said above, with a 32% black electorate and 29% white support for Nunn, there is no run-off. Not saying that's absolutely likely right now, but still within the range of possibilities based on what early voting stats have shown.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 11:57:54 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2014, 12:18:59 PM by Badger »

R+3, R+4, Tie, R+2, R+2.

I'm sorry but the polling has bee junk everywhere so I'm sorry if I trust campaign modeling over junk public polling. Nunn's camp and the DSCC are confident they can get over 50% tomorrow.
Ah, well that settles it then. D+1.
KCDem

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 11:59:27 AM »

R+3, R+4, Tie, R+2, R+2.

Bro, even the RSCC and Perdue are panicking. Nunn is very likely to win outright.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 12:01:51 PM »

R+3, R+4, Tie, R+2, R+2.

Bro, even the RSCC and Perdue are panicking. Nunn is very likely to win outright.
Stop your trolling. Nunn does not have anywhere near an 80,90% chance of winning outright.

This is going to a runoff. Enough said.
KCDem

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 12:03:51 PM »

R+3, R+4, Tie, R+2, R+2.

Stop your trolling. Nunn does not have anywhere near an 80,90% chance of winning outright.

Haha your delusional hackery knows no bounds, we'll see how you feel tomorrow night...

DOMINATED!
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 12:10:42 PM »

RSCC?

You mean NRSC.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 12:13:58 PM »

R+3, R+4, Tie, R+2, R+2.

Haha your delusional hackery knows no bounds, we'll see how you feel tomorrow night...

DOMINATED!
In which case you're accusing Nate Silver of hackery as well:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/senate-update-democrats-chance-of-holding-on-continues-to-fall/
KCDem

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »

R+3, R+4, Tie, R+2, R+2.

DOMINATED!
In which case you're accusing Nate Silver of hackery as well:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/senate-update-democrats-chance-of-holding-on-continues-to-fall/

Now that Silver has joined the Beltway he is no longer objective. Narrative 100% truth be damned.

May I also remind you that Silver is bad at calling senate races.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 12:20:14 PM »

OK KC, your once somewhat more amusing than annoying act is rapidly growing stale.
Recalcuate

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 12:21:42 PM »

Funny, I though Silver joined ESPN so he could model sports, too. We all know the centre of the ESPN universe is the Yankee/Red Sox world. Certainly not the Beltway.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 12:22:29 PM »

Some people do not realize when certain posters are just trying to push buttons.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies