CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:06:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: PPP - Gardner (R) 48; Udall (D) 45  (Read 23677 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: November 02, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »

Can someone please tell me what is so appealing about Gardner? Some people here have him running for President and he hasn't even been elected to the Senate yet.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 10:49:20 PM »

Can someone please tell me what is so appealing about Gardner? Some people here have him running for President and he hasn't even been elected to the Senate yet.

He's perceived as a moderate.

This race is pretty much over, RIP Udall. Maybe we can get someone not as awful in 2020 who can win re-election.

His record will prove otherwise if he's elected (big if). He's not going to be President, anyway, but with a conservative record, that even further flushes that idea.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 11:03:22 PM »

No one can predict what the GOP will do next. Regardless, they can't pass a thing if they take the Senate, because they don't have 60 votes and there aren't nearly enough conservative Democrats left to get them over the line.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 11:12:03 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2014, 11:14:43 PM by Invisible Obama »

Guys, remember at the start of 2013 Dr. Scholl literally thought everything Democrats won in 2012 was totally safe for the foreseeable future? Gosh, Tuesday night will be fantastic.

Why are you so confident in Land's chances? She's only leading by 2 points here.

Overconfidence, anyone? Look who turned out to be right on that one. You can't do a superior dance here, child.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 11:16:27 PM »

Guys, remember at the start of 2013 Dr. Scholl literally thought everything Democrats won in 2012 was totally safe for the foreseeable future? Gosh, Tuesday night will be fantastic.

Creepy your fascination with me. You mention my name in your posts more than anyone, how quaint.

...why exactly is it quaint?

That's sarcasm, it's actually not quaint, it's creepy. I edited the post with something more relevant anyway.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 11:38:20 PM »

Why are you so confident in Land's chances? She's only leading by 2 points here.

Overconfidence, anyone? Look who turned out to be right on that one. You can't do a superior dance here, child.

Two can play at the 'search for the other person in our own archives' game:

This is the first real pickup opportunity Republicans are getting and it's R+14. Outside of the very few heavily Republican districts held by Democrats, there is nothing else out there for Republicans to gain.

And I would not count on there not being another shutdown, there is absolutely no guarantee that there won't be another showdown over something.

In any case...

Creepy your fascination with me. You mention my name in your posts more than anyone, how quaint.

...why exactly is it quaint?

That's sarcasm, it's actually not quaint, it's creepy. I edited the post with something more relevant anyway.

You didn't edit it, you deleted it. But you can't go back and delete an entire cycle's worth of failed predictions and hackishness. As for me, I've always been fascinated as to how the failure (or, in your case, numerous failures) of political candidates, which has no bearing on day-to-day lives, can send people going through the Five Stages of Grief. You're still on the first (which is denial).

Most of the Republican opportunities are in R+ districts, most of what YouGov shows Republicans winning are R+ seats. After 2010 and gerrymandering, there was never going to be another 60 seat gain.

In 2012, my predictions were correct, so even if I make some mistakes now, my record is still better than you, krazen or any of your other good friends on the board. Unlike Republicans, I don't have grief over elections, it's nice to win, but I'm not going to have a mental breakdown over it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 12:23:01 AM »

Not a fan of unskewing the polls but no way Udall is losing if he wins indies by 11%. Of course he probably isn't but this poll seems R friendly with party ID and has too many Ds and Rs and not enough Is.

Could be that some regular Democratic voters are self-identifying as independent for some reason. With that said, I'm not writing Udall off just yet.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 11:56:43 AM »

This thread is so hilarious. The shade is off the charts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies