CO: PPP says Gardner+3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:34:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO: PPP says Gardner+3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: PPP says Gardner+3  (Read 4691 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: October 21, 2014, 05:49:55 PM »

This is looking pretty bad. If anything, the approval rating is the killer here. In mid-terms, turnout is everything, weak approvals suggests that you might have significant problems getting your voters out, let alone swing voters.

I think this one will go down to the wire regardless. I still hold that if the Dem is down by 3 or less on election day, they'll probably win. We'll see how the remaining polling goes.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:34:37 PM »

Udall will still win because Bennett did, obviously. Likely D.

Gardner will win because Reagan took the state by 24 points 1980 and 28 points 1984. Safe R. /sarcasm

How does the SEC disclaimer go on publicly released 10-Ks? Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results?

I have a hard time pollsters haven't learned from their previous mistakes. If it quacks like Gardner +3 generally across the board, it's Gardner's race to lose right now. Tossup/Slight Lean R.

Most pollsters continue to have troublesome methodologies, it's a far more inexact 'science' than people realise. Most do OK and generally get it right in the end. But most of us have been around for a enough elections and CO is notorious for underpolling the Democrat, sometimes by a lot. So, at least I'm sticking by my personal view that if Udall is 3% behind or less, based on polling, he'll probably just scrape in. If that margin remains 3%+, then he'll probably lose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies