Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:31:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 153025 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: November 05, 2014, 12:02:53 PM »

Don't forget to watch Talking Update hosted by Chris Hardwick after each episode.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1026 on: November 05, 2014, 01:55:57 PM »

I'm nearing the end of the lunch hour.  Today is going well.  I'm starting to do actual work today.  I'm prepping drawings for the onslaught of changes they will need that the government will send to us over the coming weeks.  I'll start more training material first thing tomorrow.  I still have a headache, though not as bad, but I'm debating on whether to go to church tonight or go straight home.  Either way, I may go to bed a little earlier tonight.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1027 on: November 05, 2014, 01:58:53 PM »

RIP Bushie
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1028 on: November 05, 2014, 02:06:49 PM »

I'm nearing the end of the lunch hour.  Today is going well.  I'm starting to do actual work today.  I'm prepping drawings for the onslaught of changes they will need that the government will send to us over the coming weeks.  I'll start more training material first thing tomorrow.  I still have a headache, though not as bad, but I'm debating on whether to go to church tonight or go straight home.  Either way, I may go to bed a little earlier tonight.

Rest up.  CAD(D) needs you awake and spry.   
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1029 on: November 05, 2014, 04:59:20 PM »

RIP job
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1030 on: November 05, 2014, 05:30:59 PM »

Bushie, why do you identify as a Democrat if you even consider voting for an Oklahoma GOP like Lankford, much less actually going through with it?  Are there even candidates in the US more conservative than a Republican from Oklahoma? 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1031 on: November 05, 2014, 05:54:12 PM »

Bushie and Lankford are BFFs, otherwise he would have voted for the Democrat.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1032 on: November 05, 2014, 05:57:59 PM »

Are we talking lunch at Braum's BFF-level? 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1033 on: November 05, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »

Yes, he met him before and they are on a first name basis, so it made sense for Bushie to vote for his friend.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1034 on: November 05, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »

I voted for Lankford because of personally knowing him, but I voted Democrat for every other race, including voting against Inhofe.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1035 on: November 05, 2014, 07:52:34 PM »

I received some good news today at work.  As I mentioned this afternoon, I started drawing today about 1100 and then continued the rest of the day.  I cleaned and prepped about 30 drawings for the changes that will need to be made to them in the coming weeks and months.  The lead drafter came to review my work at 1645 today and took a look and said "wow! good job!".  That made me feel good.  It's still early, but it is a good start.  Tomorrow morning, I will do some more training, but that should only take an hour or two and then I will get back to drawing again by mid-morning and then should be able to draw most, if not all day, Friday.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1036 on: November 05, 2014, 08:16:45 PM »

Tell us more about this lead drafter character.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1037 on: November 05, 2014, 08:22:28 PM »

I received some good news today at work.  As I mentioned this afternoon, I started drawing today about 1100 and then continued the rest of the day.  I cleaned and prepped about 30 drawings for the changes that will need to be made to them in the coming weeks and months.  The lead drafter came to review my work at 1645 today and took a look and said "wow! good job!".  That made me feel good.  It's still early, but it is a good start.  Tomorrow morning, I will do some more training, but that should only take an hour or two and then I will get back to drawing again by mid-morning and then should be able to draw most, if not all day, Friday.

Continue to practice, strive for timely, mistake free work and show up- on time without complaint.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1038 on: November 05, 2014, 08:27:20 PM »

Tell us more about this lead drafter character.

There's really nothing note-worthy to share.  He's a normal, everyday worker.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1039 on: November 05, 2014, 08:30:56 PM »

Continue to practice, strive for timely, mistake free work and show up- on time without complaint.

I plan on studying a little bit this evening before I go to bed.  I was making sure to take my time today while i cleaned up the drawings.  I was sweating just a little when I got stuck in traffic this morning for 3-4 miles behind a wreck just past where I made the final turn to work.  I still got there at 0745 and had time to go to the bathroom, get a drink, make a quick check-in on Facebook, and then wake up my computer.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1040 on: November 05, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »

Bushie, are you upset that Fallin was re-elected?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1041 on: November 05, 2014, 08:47:10 PM »

I'm disappointed, but I'm not all that upset.  I really wasn't voting against her as I was voting for Joe Dorman.  I like Fallin, but I liked Dorman better.  My main issue in that race as well as State Superintendent was education.  I voted for the Democrat John Cox in the latter race, although Republican Joy Hofmeister won.  The results weren't surprising at all considering this is Oklahoma and the nationwide Republican tsunami that drowned many Democrats.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1042 on: November 05, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »

I'm disappointed, but I'm not all that upset.  I really wasn't voting against her as I was voting for Joe Dorman.  I like Fallin, but I liked Dorman better.  My main issue in that race as well as State Superintendent was education.  I voted for the Democrat John Cox in the latter race, although Republican Joy Hofmeister won.  The results weren't surprising at all considering this is Oklahoma and the nationwide Republican tsunami that drowned many Democrats.

You seem to find an unusually high number of political races in which you "like both candidates".  For the average voter, "not liking both candidates" is far more common, but you do things the Bushie way.

The Bushie way is different.  You can't say that it's any worse, as it's a perfectly valid way of doing things, but it is different.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1043 on: November 05, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »

Whether or not I "like" somebody seems immaterial to me in a political campaign. I'm looking for a Congressman, not a date. Why do people favor personal details over actual positions? This drives me Inksing crazy!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1044 on: November 05, 2014, 10:07:52 PM »

Whether or not I "like" somebody seems immaterial to me in a political campaign. I'm looking for a Congressman, not a date. Why do people favor personal details over actual positions? This drives me Inksing crazy!

Most American have a rudimentary to non-existent understanding of even the basics of public policy.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1045 on: November 05, 2014, 10:11:13 PM »

Yes, Bushie has a deep bond with Lankford, which we can only assume means he briefly talked to him once while Lankford was handing out flyers at a local supermarket.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1046 on: November 05, 2014, 10:34:29 PM »

I think he shook his hand at a campaign stop or something. Either way, they're basically best friends.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1047 on: November 05, 2014, 11:32:20 PM »

I think he shook his hand at a campaign stop or something. Either way, they're basically best friends.

This is why a Bushie wedding would be so great.  Atlas meetup + shots with a sitting Senator + Braum's catering + Russ Powers rides in on his snowmobile = DOES IT GET BETTER!?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1048 on: November 06, 2014, 12:32:29 AM »

Too bad bushie has given up on finding a wife Sad
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1049 on: November 06, 2014, 04:43:21 AM »

Most American have a rudimentary to non-existent understanding of even the basics of public policy.

This is true of all people though. Most Swedish voters don't even know what government we have.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies