PPP-IA: Braley +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:57:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  PPP-IA: Braley +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP-IA: Braley +1  (Read 8797 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: October 17, 2014, 01:22:52 PM »

Stupendous news! An extremist nutjob like Ernst has no business being a US Senator.

Is it possible that Braley is improving because of early voting? In other words, Dems are getting a lot of people out to vote who would normally be shut out of the LV screen, but you can't say someone who already voted isn't a likely voter.

You really believe the above?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »

Stupendous news! An extremist nutjob like Ernst has no business being a US Senator.

Is it possible that Braley is improving because of early voting? In other words, Dems are getting a lot of people out to vote who would normally be shut out of the LV screen, but you can't say someone who already voted isn't a likely voter.

Yes?

The question mark appended to the "yes" meaning that you are unsure if you really believe what you said?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 01:27:09 PM »

Ernst's position on Agenda 21 certainly qualifies as an extremist position. Not to mention, she called the shooting at UCSB as an accident, which was just plain crazy.

My guess is that I would take exception to a fair amount of Agenda 21 myself.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 01:28:14 PM »

Yes?

The question mark appended to the "yes" meaning that you are unsure if you really believe what you said?

The question mark was because your question was fairly odd, considering any rational person knows that Joni Ernst is an extremist nutjob.

IC. I guess that I am just irrational then. Thanks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 07:31:13 AM »

Yes?

The question mark was because your question was fairly odd, considering any rational person knows that Joni Ernst is an extremist nutjob.

IC. I guess that I am just irrational then. Thanks.

Perhaps. Unless you think that someone who thinks Obama is a dictator that should be impeached, peddles Agenda 21 conspiracy theories, supports Personhood which failed even in Mississippi, thinks the EPA should be abolished, thinks Iraq had WMDs, etc. is not an extremist. She's basically a more charismatic version of Sharron Angle. I know the Republicans have gone far right recently, but even by that standard she's still way out of the mainstream.

Seriously Torie. I may've been a godless Democrat not THAT long ago, but how is she materially different than, say, Michelle Bachmann? If Ernst isn't extreme, then.....Huh

I don't claim to be an expert on Ernst by any means, but I would be shocked if she exuded Bachmann's amoral disingenuous arrogance and hubris. She seems a more practical down to earth kind of person, no doubt with an overly simplistic view of the world, and probably not very sophisticated, but then Iowa is kind of like that in many ways. I just find it hard to believe that if she were truly a nut case, she would be as competitive as she is, even with Braley's shortcomings.

Oh, I am the one that is Godless, not you. Don't be so hard on yourself!  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 10:52:35 AM »

LOL! Well done Bedstuy.  I have a little feeling in my gut that I might have been "owned" on this one. Oh well, I don't have the time or motivation to try to rehabilitate her here. So I will just accept my "spanking,"  and move on to more favorable venues. Cheers.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »

LOL! Well done Bedstuy.  I have a little feeling in my gut that I might have been "owned" on this one.

Yeah, you got brutally owned. You should do more research next time, son.

Yes, twist the knife, and then twist it some more. Thanks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies