Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:15:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 171110 times)
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: December 09, 2015, 06:11:59 PM »

A weight off of my chest, I've just been accepted to college!
Awesome!

I still have five more schools to apply to, and I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Good luck with that Clark!  My advice is that given the January 1 deadlines for so many schools, you're best off really kicking into high gear putting effort into writing essays and stuff....you'll be thankful for all that effort come April 1.
Thanks. And yeah, I'm going to start working on those essays soon. Luckily, most of them are short (250 words or so).
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1276 on: December 11, 2015, 07:51:25 AM »

Just spend an obscene amount of money on this poster, and yes I'm becoming that type of politics student

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1277 on: December 11, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »
« Edited: December 11, 2015, 09:21:03 AM by TDAS04 »

What a day - nearly got hit by two cars turning in a hurry after yellow light went off this morning, then immediately after, I did get hit by some woman pulling out of a parking lot when I was barely moving, smashing my front tire bad (another bicyclist couldn't believe my underreaction of not calling her out as she was completely at fault), and on the way home, if I wasn't fully anticipating a girl speeding 40 mph to a skidding halt in the crosswalk, I would've been in the hospital for sure. There I put my foot down the lane before and started yelling. I may be effeminate, but I'm also an angry northeasterner if I have to.

Seriously warming up to these anti-driver laws.

Guess I gotta go get a new wheel...Again.

Glad you're ok, hope you don't have too much trouble getting your tire fixed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1278 on: December 11, 2015, 02:05:10 PM »

Any scandals/bans/drama while I was away?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1279 on: December 11, 2015, 02:13:40 PM »

I'm back! (Again). Shortly after my (brief) return, the WiFi thing in my computer died, and I was without anything other than a phone to go online for about a month. As I can't stand using touch keyboards, I decided to stay away, lest I develop (worse) carpel tunnel trying to type on an iPhone. Thankfully I've finally gotten a new computer (RIP TNF) and should have regular internet access for the foreseeable future. I can't say how often I'll be on here, given that I don't really have much of an interest in re-hashing the same old debates ad nasuem, but I'll probably pop in at least a few times a week, when I'm not devoting myself to theoretical study. Tongue
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1280 on: December 11, 2015, 04:23:24 PM »

Welp, I just had my last finals today, hopefully my last ever as an undergrad.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1281 on: December 11, 2015, 07:30:35 PM »

dudeabides and Colonel Roosevelt.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1282 on: December 12, 2015, 12:48:23 PM »

Welp, I just had my last finals today, hopefully my last ever as an undergrad.

Cool!  I just finished my first quarter of school on Monday, so I have a long way to go. Tongue

So are you graduating a semester early or something, or are you doing a coterminal master's program?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1283 on: December 12, 2015, 01:04:01 PM »

Got a promotion at work. Up two levels to senior management. Very happy and a little overwhelmed!
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1284 on: December 12, 2015, 01:06:19 PM »

I recently had my second CAT scan of my brain (my first was a couple years ago).  The results again came back negative for a brain tumor.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1285 on: December 12, 2015, 03:51:13 PM »

Politicus was banned for saying she wanted to hire a hitman to take out Gustaf. Dudeabides became a major attention whore, and demanded that he be banned after realising how much Jebbery sucked.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1286 on: December 12, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »

On the opposite end of the spectrum from those just getting into college, I enjoyed my retirement party last night after 28 years on the faculty. A wall clock and department mug were my parting gifts. Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1287 on: December 12, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »

On the opposite end of the spectrum from those just getting into college, I enjoyed my retirement party last night after 28 years on the faculty. A wall clock and department mug were my parting gifts. Smiley
You could put in those extra hours more effectively here....

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1288 on: December 12, 2015, 08:26:45 PM »

I recently had my second CAT scan of my brain (my first was a couple years ago).  The results again came back negative for a brain tumor.

Lest this get too buried, that's fantastic news! Congratulations!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1289 on: December 12, 2015, 09:45:34 PM »

Congrats and where did you get accepted too???

Thanks all, I got accepted to The Ohio State University.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1290 on: December 12, 2015, 09:47:16 PM »

Congrats and where did you get accepted too???

Thanks all, I got accepted to The Ohio State University.
Hey, I applied there too!
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1291 on: December 13, 2015, 12:19:13 AM »

Lest this get too buried, that's fantastic news! Congratulations!

Thanks!
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1292 on: December 13, 2015, 05:43:31 PM »

Just spend an obscene amount of money on this poster, and yes I'm becoming that type of politics student

Jackson isn't literally beating Wilson to death? You got ripped off. Cheesy
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1293 on: December 15, 2015, 01:06:50 AM »

Interesting day at work. Boss called a meeting of all employees near the end of the day. Enraged, he demanded that every employee cash their paycheck at one of two specific local banks or be fired. This bizarre restriction only applies to this paycheck, my first at this new place, which is for only a few hours of the time I actually worked. In other words less than the value of the dinner I bought tonight. I'll have to make sure that the money they owe me is added to the next one, hopefully won't be a problem.

I'm saddened that I am once again up at 1AM. Need to get to sleep on time more often. Shouldn't have drank that pepsi.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1294 on: December 15, 2015, 02:00:20 AM »

Interesting day at work. Boss called a meeting of all employees near the end of the day. Enraged, he demanded that every employee cash their paycheck at one of two specific local banks or be fired. This bizarre restriction only applies to this paycheck, my first at this new place, which is for only a few hours of the time I actually worked. In other words less than the value of the dinner I bought tonight. I'll have to make sure that the money they owe me is added to the next one, hopefully won't be a problem.

I'm saddened that I am once again up at 1AM. Need to get to sleep on time more often. Shouldn't have drank that pepsi.

what the hell   why are bosses such lunatics?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1295 on: December 15, 2015, 02:36:09 AM »

A mentally f*ed up boss, he's so crazy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1296 on: December 15, 2015, 02:01:53 PM »

I'm worried about my younger brother. He *might* have been fired from his job because he overslept (and his boss, also in recovery) accused him of relapsing, which he actually didn't. He has been overworking himself lately and has been exhausted every time I have talked to him. My mom told him to come over for dinner, where he voluntarily took a drug test to prove that he did not in fact relapse. He apparently was in a panicked and erratic state and alternated between anger and immense sadness over and over again. He hasn't been answering his phone all day. Hopefully he is at work (the manager told him to come today to discuss his future) but I'm terrified he might have actually relapsed this time, or worse.

I'm driving down tomorrow from Tally, but I might swing by his place on the way to make sure he is doing alright.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1297 on: December 15, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »

I'm now officially finished with Intro to Christian Traditions. I got one of the objective questions on the final exam, which was worth ten percent of the damned thing, straight-up wrong, but I hope I made up for it with my essay answers, one of which contains what I honestly think is some of the finest extemporaneous prose I've ever written. An as-close-as-I-can-remember paraphrase of my last sentence on the last essay question:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1298 on: December 15, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »

My conservative Catholic school is going to let us wear "holiday hats" on Thursday. I am very tempted to wear a turban.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1299 on: December 15, 2015, 04:33:45 PM »

My conservative Catholic school is going to let us wear "holiday hats" on Thursday. I am very tempted to wear a turban.

How very festive! Do you appropriate culture often?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies