Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:36:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170954 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 02, 2015, 12:19:24 PM »

Last night I drank wine and ate a lot of broccoli and fell asleep watching Gilmore Girls.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #326 on: January 02, 2015, 12:25:57 PM »

Last night I drank wine and ate a lot of broccoli and fell asleep watching Gilmore Girls.
Did you have a gas of a time?  Broccoli and wine sound like a dangerous combo.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #327 on: January 02, 2015, 12:51:10 PM »

Did you have a gas of a time?  Broccoli and wine sound like a dangerous combo.

It's possible to pair wine with broccoli in such a way as to avoid that. Wine and Gilmore Girls turned out to be more dangerous in this case.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2015, 11:46:15 PM »

Also, I'm stunned and appalled that "Sociology of Deviance" a class that falls under both Criminal Justice Studies and Sociology, isn't required for a sociology major. The school website doesn't list a sociology minor, which I'd be interested in (gonna have to fix that), but if it doesn't require it for the major even, I doubt a theoretical minor would require it. This is especially ironic given that the program's objectives list "social theory and deviance", right on the website! I will burn this school to the ground.

The fact that they have that as an objective is probably why they have it as an elective, but they likely have to keep to a standardized set of required courses to get their program accredited.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #329 on: January 05, 2015, 04:26:58 PM »

My visa for Colombia has just been approved, so everything is set. I'm leaving Ottawa's horrible winter weather in the wee hours of the morning, a week from today.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »

My visa for Colombia has just been approved, so everything is set. I'm leaving Ottawa's horrible winter weather in the wee hours of the morning, a week from today.

That's awesome, I'm so happy for you! Cheesy
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2015, 04:53:29 PM »

So, I was in the audience for Maury today. Keep an eye out for me.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #332 on: January 08, 2015, 04:58:38 PM »

I spent all break studying for a CLEP exam in Psychology thinking it would get me credit for my final general arts class. I managed to get a 700 - typically enough for credit, but then I found out my school doesn't give credit unless you are a part-time student. Unbelievable waste of time. My poor reading abilities fail me yet again...

Now I may just wind up taking it online over the summer if there's no way around this.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2015, 05:03:22 PM »

I am sooo sick of applying to colleges....

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »

I am sooo sick of applying to colleges....

Which ones?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #335 on: January 08, 2015, 07:32:03 PM »

I'm taking a class in (American) handball.  It's more intense than what I'm used to, and it makes your arm and hand sore, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #336 on: January 08, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »

Oh, a bunch. I've already applied to UNC, Alabama, NC State, Tufts, Harvard, ASU. I'm applying to Georgetown, American, GW, and Reed. I've been accepted already at Alabama and ASU. I have no chance at most of these places, but I figure I'll apply anyway.

Eurrgh, and now I can't find the freaking ACT score report that has the info I need to send my scores. Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #337 on: January 08, 2015, 09:56:13 PM »

Eurrgh, and now I can't find the freaking ACT score report that has the info I need to send my scores. Sad
Ugh, I had that exact same problem!
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2015, 10:10:44 PM »

What'd ya do?

How are yer applications, anyway?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: January 08, 2015, 10:20:01 PM »

I've been told through a confidante that one of my co-workers feels threatened by me, thinks I'm trying to take her job and wants me gone.

Someone get me Kevin Spacey on the phone, stat. I need a fixer.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #340 on: January 08, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »

Looks like I'll be applying to be a firefighter for my township. The website didn't specify the need for any prior experience, so I'm hoping that it would involve department-provided (or at least facilitated) training. I doubt they'd be too keen on having a 19-year old who hasn't really lived in the area for almost two years work there for only four months, but oh well.

Doesn't seem as far-fetched as you think - it may not be like the west coast where there's a peak season, but if it's an open position, I'm sure they don't mind even temporarily filling it. Could be tough, but it would be quite an interesting experience to waste 3-5 minutes of an internship interview the next year. Makes quite the memorable candidate. Good luck!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: January 08, 2015, 11:33:48 PM »

Oh, a bunch. I've already applied to UNC, Alabama, NC State, Tufts, Harvard, ASU. I'm applying to Georgetown, American, GW, and Reed. I've been accepted already at Alabama and ASU. I have no chance at most of these places, but I figure I'll apply anyway.

Harvard ought to just pull all the applications with GPAs and SAT scores in the >99th percentile and randomly admit people from that pool via a lottery system. It would be fairer than the current extracurricular arms race where if you haven't founded a non-profit startup for lesbian organic farmers in Malawi by eleventh grade, your best hope is to be waitlisted.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2015, 01:04:39 AM »

Looks like I'll be applying to be a firefighter for my township. The website didn't specify the need for any prior experience, so I'm hoping that it would involve department-provided (or at least facilitated) training. I doubt they'd be too keen on having a 19-year old who hasn't really lived in the area for almost two years work there for only four months, but oh well.

Doesn't seem as far-fetched as you think - it may not be like the west coast where there's a peak season, but if it's an open position, I'm sure they don't mind even temporarily filling it. Could be tough, but it would be quite an interesting experience to waste 3-5 minutes of an internship interview the next year. Makes quite the memorable candidate. Good luck!

Problem is, generally to be even a volunteer firefighter, you need a certain amount of training you need to do so as to familiarize yourself with the equipment so that they can know you won't be a danger to yourself and others.  That takes some time, so they probably aren't going to be interested in paying to train some other place's firefighter.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2015, 01:23:02 PM »

So I met this girl and we talk for hours regularly and she's wonderful.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2015, 03:15:22 PM »

What'd ya do?

I had to reset my passwords for SAT and ACT results and sent them in electronically. I only applied to Tallahassee Community College with the goal of going to FSU after a year in order to catch up on some Spanish credits and get adjusted to the pressures of college.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #345 on: January 09, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

What'd ya do?

I had to reset my passwords for SAT and ACT results and sent them in electronically. I only applied to Tallahassee Community College with the goal of going to FSU after a year in order to catch up on some Spanish credits and get adjusted to the pressures of college.

Cool! Tallahassee, from what I hear, is a very nice town.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #346 on: January 09, 2015, 03:22:14 PM »

So I met this girl and we talk for hours regularly and she's wonderful.
Alfie did you find a new best friend?  Those are the kind that last a lifetime.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #347 on: January 09, 2015, 04:45:12 PM »

What'd ya do?

Cool! Tallahassee, from what I hear, is a very nice town.
It seemed awesome from when I visited. The reason I chose FSU is because all the people I worked with on a campaign in 2012 were FSU grads who brainwashed me into going Tongue.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #348 on: January 09, 2015, 06:44:58 PM »

I have scheduled my next round of college visits! Yay!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #349 on: January 09, 2015, 09:07:29 PM »

Where to?

And Snowguy if I wasn't gay and she wasn't gay I'd 100% ask her out but for now I guess we're stuck being best buds Smiley.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies