Would a generic D or a generic R be closer to this PM score?: +1.94, -2.96
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:25:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would a generic D or a generic R be closer to this PM score?: +1.94, -2.96
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would a generic D or a generic R be closer to the this PM score?: +1.94, -2.96
Generic D

Generic R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Would a generic D or a generic R be closer to this PM score?: +1.94, -2.96  (Read 1524 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2014, 11:19:01 PM »

Not based on generic Atlas Ds/Rs, but real life ones.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 11:26:29 PM »

I'd say Republican because economic issues generally matter more. My PM score is pretty much the opposite of that and that's why I identify as a Dem.

Many younger Republicans I know would probably have a score similar to this. Someone like Duke or ModerateVAVoter comes to my mind.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 11:35:45 PM »

I'd say Republican because economic issues generally matter more. My PM score is pretty much the opposite of that and that's why I identify as a Dem.

Many younger Republicans I know would probably have a score similar to this. Someone like Duke or ModerateVAVoter comes to my mind.

A generic R wouldn't be young though. I guess I should've phrased the question as "which political party is closer to this PM score".
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 11:44:10 PM »

That would be the PM score of a typical large GOP donor.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 11:49:49 PM »

Maybe that would fit the social, but I think the economic would be more like +10.00. Tongue
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 12:12:26 AM »

Probably a Generic D, although admittedly, I'm very conservative myself.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 12:15:38 AM »

Maybe that would fit the social, but I think the economic would be more like +10.00. Tongue

Are you kidding? Large GOP donors are just about the most Moderate Heroic group of people in existence. Mid-size donors ($500-10k) are quite a bit more economically conservative.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 12:17:51 AM »

Sounds like Melissa Bean
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 12:24:07 AM »

Sounds like a pretty moderate Democrat.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 05:15:29 AM »

Generic D, easily. A real world generic R would probably be like +3.08, +0.65 or thereabouts
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 06:14:48 AM »

I would say Generic R, though they could consider themselves anything moderate. The "base" of the parties are much more ideological than the big tent of voters that put them in office.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 10:35:11 AM »

A republican.

Probably a young republican.

If the PM score were +1.94, -8, I would say this is a democrat, but he's not socially liberal enough to vote for a democrat.

I guess he would be a republican, would sometimes vote for dem candidates like Mark Begich.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »

Guys, notice anything funky about my PM score??

My first inspired topic. Smiley
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »

Generic D, easily. A real world generic R would probably be like +3.08, +0.65 or thereabouts

And what do you think a generic D would be around?  I'm telling you right now that if Dems had anywhere close to positive PM scores they wouldn't be winning the voters they currently do and have for decades.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »

Could be a moderate Democrat or a moderate Republican. It would be very difficult to choose GOP or Dem here as it really depends where in the country you are and it is really quite difficult to say that either of the national parties is necessarily closer to this score.

In Illinois, the Republican Party is far closer to this score. I can honestly say that I've met many Republicans throughout my life here in Illinois, but I've met very few social conservatives.

I imagine you would get a different answer if you were to be more used to the politics of the Mountain West or somewhere where the Dems may be a little more fiscally conservative and the GOP may not be so socially liberal.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 05:46:42 PM »

Could be a moderate Democrat or a moderate Republican. It would be very difficult to choose GOP or Dem here as it really depends where in the country you are and it is really quite difficult to say that either of the national parties is necessarily closer to this score.

In Illinois, the Republican Party is far closer to this score. I can honestly say that I've met many Republicans throughout my life here in Illinois, but I've met very few social conservatives.

I imagine you would get a different answer if you were to be more used to the politics of the Mountain West or somewhere where the Dems may be a little more fiscally conservative and the GOP may not be so socially liberal.

You're correct that it could vary based on geography, but I'm talking from a national perspective. Illinois Republicans don't represent the national party any more than West Virginia Democrats do.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 07:07:14 PM »

You're correct that it could vary based on geography, but I'm talking from a national perspective. Illinois Republicans don't represent the national party any more than West Virginia Democrats do.

Like I said, I have a very difficult time choosing nationally.

Aggregated, I would put the GOP at like +4, +2 and the Dems at -2,-2.

So idk.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 06:04:19 PM »

And outside of Chicagoland, Illinois Republicans tend to be pretty socially conservative, no?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 04:02:18 AM »

In the South especially, I could easily see that type of voter being a Democrat. In Massachusetts, a Republican, at least at the state level. Nationally, depends on the person's background and motivating issues, in all likelihood.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 08:33:49 AM »

these days that is a very liberal democrat.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »

these days that is a very liberal democrat.

LOL, okay...
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »

What's funnier is that the individual whose PM would be +1.94, -2.96 could possibly still be more liberal than waltermitty.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »

What's funnier is that the individual whose PM would be +1.94, -2.96 could possibly still be more liberal than waltermitty.

Fine, then WM should be a Republican ... I believe he once was.

P.S. I don't know if you jokingly danced around it, but I'm clearly the individual.  And lo and behold?  Blue avatar.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »

Fine, then WM should be a Republican ... I believe he once was.

P.S. I don't know if you jokingly danced around it, but I'm clearly the individual.  And lo and behold?  Blue avatar.

Yeah, but you're a Maine Republican, not an Indiana Republican or a Georgia Republican or a Colorado Republican. I would think in any other region than the Northeast/New England you probably would consider yourself a Democrat.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies