NC: PPP confirms that the race is Lean D
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC: PPP confirms that the race is Lean D
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: PPP confirms that the race is Lean D  (Read 1823 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:01:43 AM »

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2014/09/hagan-lead-steady-at-4-points.html

Hagan leads 44-40, same margin as in August.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 11:02:47 AM »

More tilt D no???
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »

PPP also finds that Obama's approval is 25/61 among undecided voters, and specifically says the race should remain in the Toss-Up category.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »

Eh, maybe. But Hagan's led in every poll since June, except for the weird YouGov polls and a Rasmussen poll from a few months ago (and Rasmussen is now showing her up by 6%).
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 11:57:31 AM »

A four-point lead isn't much given the dynamics of the race--sixth year election vulnerable incumbent, pink/purple state, very unpopular Democrat in White House, older and whiter electorate.  I'll buy the notion that CO, NC, and IA all tilt to the Democrat right now.  But I just don't buy the idea that they'll likely stay that way in a year like this.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »

The impending Democratic Wave is building.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »

Southern races are swinging D and Northeastern ones swinging R
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 03:53:43 PM »

If she were closer to 50 or above it then it'd be Lean D but she's at 44/46.
KCDem

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 07:00:18 PM »

A four-point lead isn't much given the dynamics of the race--sixth year election vulnerable incumbent, pink/purple state, very unpopular Democrat in White House, older and whiter electorate.  I'll buy the notion that CO, NC, and IA all tilt to the Democrat right now.  But I just don't buy the idea that they'll likely stay that way in a year like this.

Have you ever learned critical thinking?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »

Have you ever learned objective discussion instead of resorting to personal insults?
KCDem

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 07:18:52 PM »

Have you ever learned objective discussion instead of resorting to personal insults?

I engage in discussion and I insult those who deserve to be insulted. That's how I roll.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 11:57:02 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2014, 11:58:40 PM by Miles »

I agree with this guy. Basically, Democrats shouldn't get complacent, Republicans shouldn't despair.

Hagan's emphasis on education is overpowering the drag of Obama, ATM, but that could change.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 12:39:08 AM »
« Edited: September 17, 2014, 12:52:06 AM by Ogre Mage »

Hagan has made courting women voters, especially single women, the backbone of her campaign -- "heels on the ground" was what she called it -- and it shows, with a 49-33 edge among women, similar to what other polls have shown.  

A four-point lead isn't much given the dynamics of the race--sixth year election vulnerable incumbent, pink/purple state, very unpopular Democrat in White House, older and whiter electorate.  I'll buy the notion that CO, NC, and IA all tilt to the Democrat right now.  But I just don't buy the idea that they'll likely stay that way in a year like this.

The Republican Party brand is also deeply unpopular nationally and while that may not matter much in solid Republican states, the swing states are a different story.  There is a reason why the races in Colorado, North Carolina and Iowa are trending in Democrats favor.  Gardner, Tillis and Ernst have records which are an ill fit for running in purple states.  Now that voters are being informed of those records they are not doing so well.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 03:45:51 AM »

Hagan has definitely been perceived by me as the safest bet in terms of RSDs - incumbent or not - for most of the year. It seems the trend is now really reflecting that. Of course even a small swing could upset this, but for now, this is her's to lose. She may even be in a better situation currently than someone like Braley ("but muh funduhmentals").
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies