2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:13:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 79403 times)
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2014, 03:38:19 AM »

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule: November 25-December 1

Mark Sanford spent the week down in Iowa, getting to know voters through meet and greets and town halls. In addition, some rallies and fundraisers were held in the big cities in order to increase attention and raise more money. Sanford made sure to be throughout the state, spending particular time staying in rural country this week. Some new ads were released, highlighting Sanford's leadership qualities and convictions and criticizing President Giuliani for his record in office.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2014, 09:05:41 AM »

Debate 101: Evan Bayh
2nd Democratic Presidential Debate

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Healthcare should be not too tilted to the left, but should be in a bipartisan fashion. Of course, Republicans will be shouting a NAY vote for a too-leftist healthcare law. I would like to change provisions in the law to appease a Republican Congress. Some Republicans are successful in making a healthcare law like Fmr. MA Governor Mitt Romney. I believe that changing some provisions we can finally pass an universal healthcare law.

As one of the senators who voted YEA for the act, I can see through my own eyes, it's a job well done. Of course, every law or act is not perfect. We also need to review the act and change some provisions in order to cope up with the challenges of the 21st Century to our education.

Yes, some should be renewed but we can no longer the wiretap provision to damage the privacy of the American people. Again, as a Senator, I voted YEA to extend it until 12/31/09 but voted NAY for the wiretap provision. We are picturing the American people that we are stalkers. We should be seen as protectors. Renewing most of the provisions can guarantee America's safety and privacy.

I wont be creative, saying various actions during the debate. As I had said before, my top priority in my day one as president is to withdraw all troops in Iraq. It is a mission accomplished from the start. However, we should be also cautious at any time.

I would like to thank Ames, Iowa for hosting this debate. Most of the candidates are gambling their record and experience for popularity. In my case, I'm not. Now, I will ask you a question, do you want to gamble your future? Do you want to be more better off? Now, all of us here in this platform has only one general mission: To bring change in this country. Indiana proves that I can bring change here in this country. Iowa, tou still have a month to decide who will be the candidate that will make us a stronger nation and the people's president. God Bless America and Good Night!
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2014, 09:30:39 AM »

Ads

I'm Evan Bayh and I approve this message/s

Record 1 (In Iowa and Michigan)

NARRATOR: Evan Bayh, look at his voting record.

On BUDGET and ECONOMY, Sen. Bayh wants: to balance debt reduction, tax relief, & policy investment
On JOBS, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on increasing minimum wage to $7.25 and he wants to protect overtime pay protections
On EDUCATION, Sen. Bayh opposes school vouchers and voted YES on declaring memorial prayers and religious symbols OK at schools.

TOM DASCHLE: That's why Sen. Bayh wants to serve you Americans. Evan Bayh for President, change for the better.

Record 2 (In New Hampshire)

On JOBS, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on increasing minimum wage to $7.25 and he wants to protect overtime pay protections
On BUDGET and ECONOMY, Sen. Bayh wants: to balance debt reduction, tax relief, & policy investment
On EDUCATION, Sen. Bayh opposes school vouchers and voted YES on declaring memorial prayers and religious symbols OK at schools.

MICHAEL DUKAKIS: Looking at his record, that's leadership! Evan Bayh for President, leader for the future.

Record 3 (In Florida)

On CRIME, Sen. Bayh strongly supports broadening the use of death penalty and constructing more prisons to have more truth in sentencing. He also wants more funding and stricter sentencing for hate crimes.

BILL NELSON: That's what you call LEADERSHIP. Changing our lives for the better, Evan Bayh for President

Record 4 (In South Carolina)

On TAX REFORM, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax, NO on $350 billion in tax breaks over 11 years,NO on across-the-board spending cut
On ENERGY and OIL, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on protecting middle-income taxpayers from a national energy tax,YES on tax incentives for energy production and conservation and he also supports tradable emissions permits for greenhouse gases

JIMMY CARTER: Voting is a form of LEADERSHIP, help me to elect Evan Bayh for President, Changing America for the better

Record 5 (In Nevada)

RICHARD BRYAN: I became a governor, like Sen. Bayh, I say that he is one of the most effective governors I've seen. Vote, Evan Bayh for President, an effective governor, an effective president.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »

Reminder this round will close tonight at 11:59 pm EST

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2014, 05:30:33 PM »

Jesse Ventura will be traveling to all fifty states in the next 8 weeks to organize and rally volunteers. He will also be holding fundraisers in all fifty states. Ross Perot and Gary Johnson will also be traveling with him.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »

Super Tuesday: 2008 Polls (Republican)

Alabama:
Rudy Giuliani: 57%
Mark Sanford: 37%
Undecided: 6%

Alaska:
Rudy Giuliani: 56%
Mark Sanford: 39%
Undecided: 5%

Arizona:
Rudy Giuliani: 66%
Mark Sanford: 29%
Undecided: 5%

Arkansas:
Rudy Giuliani: 58%
Mark Sanford: 35%
Undecided: 7%

California:
Rudy Giuliani: 71%
Mark Sanford: 20%
Undecided: 9%

Colorado:
Rudy Giuliani: 63%
Mark Sanford: 25%
Undecided: 12%

Connecticut:
Rudy Giuliani: 80%
Mark Sanford: 12%
Undecided: 8%

Delaware:
Rudy Giuliani: 70%
Mark Sanford: 19%
Undecided: 11%

Illinois:
Rudy Giuliani: 59%

Massachusetts:
Rudy Giuliani: 69%

Minnesota:
Mark Sanford: 28%
Undecided: 13%

Montana:
Rudy Giuliani: 57%
Mark Sanford: 33%
Undecided: 10%

New Jersey:
Rudy Giuliani: 74%
Mark Sanford: 17%

New York:
Rudy Giuliani: 80%
Mark Sanford: 12%

North Dakota:
Rudy Giuliani: 55%
Mark Sanford: 36%

Oklahoma:
Rudy Giuliani: 54%
Mark Sanford: 37%

Tennessee:
Rudy Giuliani: 54%
Mark Sanford: 38%

Utah:
Rudy Giuliani: 61%

West Virginia:
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »

Super Tuesday: 2008 Polls (Democrat)

Alabama:
Blanche Lincoln: 27%
Hillary Clinton: 19%
Evan Bayh: 18%
Howard Dean: 12%
John Kerry; 9%
Undecided: 15%

Alaska:
Hillary Clinton: 20%
Howard Dean: 19%
Evan Bayh: 17%
Blanche Lincoln: 14%
John Kerry: 13%
Undecided: 17%

Arizona:
Evan Bayh: 20%
Blanche Lincoln: 18%
Howard Dean: 17%
John Kerry: 14%

Arkansas:
Blanche Lincoln: 28%
Hillary Clinton: 25%
Evan Bayh: 16%
Howard Dean: 14%
John Kerry: 7%

California:
Howard Dean: 19%
Evan Bayh: 19%
Hillary Clinton: 17%
Blanche Lincoln: 15%
Undecided: 16%

Colorado:
Howard Dean: 21%
Hillary Clinton: 16%

Connecticut:
Hillary Clinton: 21%
John Kerry: 20%
Blanche Lincoln: 12%
Undecided: 14%

Delaware:
Evan Bahy: 20%
Hillary Clinton: 18%

Idaho:
Blanche Lincoln: 20%
Howard Dean: 16%
John Kerry: 11%
Undecided: 16%

Illinois:
Evan Bayh: 23%
Blanche Lincoln: 19%
Howard Dean: 16%

Massachusetts:
John Kerry: 59%
Hillary Clinton: 10%
Howard Dean: 9%
Evan Bayh: 7%
Blanche Lincoln: 5%

Minnesota:
Evan Bayh: 23%
Howard Dean: 20%
Hillary Clinton: 18%
Blanche Lincoln: 16%
John Kerry: 10%

Missouri:
Blanche Lincoln: 29%

New Jersey:
Hillary Clinton: 39%
Howard Dean: 15%
Blanche Lincoln: 12%
John Kerry: 7%

New York:
Hillary Clinton: 57%
Evan Bayh: 13%
Howard Dean: 9%
Blanche Lincoln: 7%
John Kerry: 5%

North Dakota:
Hillary Clinton: 15%
John Kerry: 11%

Oklahoma:
Blanche Lincoln: 26%
Howard Dean: 13%

Tennessee:
Blanche Lincoln: 25%
Hilary Clinton: 20%
Evan Bayh: 18%

Utah:
Hillary Clinton: 24%
Howard Dean: 20%
Blanche Lincoln: 17%
Evan Bayh: 15%
Undecided: 14%
----
Additional: Georgia (R +D)

Georgia: (Republican)
Rudy Giuliani: 58%
Mark Sanford: 30%

Georgia: (Democrat)
Blanche Lincoln: 24%
John Kerry: 12%
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2014, 07:21:31 PM »

Health: I will work with the Republicans to do whatever I can to get a Public Option passed through, specifically John Conyers's bill.

PATRIOT Act: The inspector general of the Justice Department found that John Ashcroft had twice applied it in ways that were inappropriate. People's rights have been abused. I met a man who spent eight months in prison, wasn't even allowed to call his lawyer. Finally, Sen. Dick Durbin intervened and was able to get him out. They've got sneak-&-peak searches that are allowed. They've got people allowed to go into churches now & political meetings without any showing of potential criminal activity or otherwise. Now, I voted for the Patriot Act. 99 US senators voted for it. And Bush and Guliani have been very busy running around the country using what I just described to you as a reason to say I'm wishy-washy, that I'm a flip-flopper. That's not a flip-flop. I believe in the Patriot Act. We need the things in it that coordinate the FBI and the CIA. We need to be stronger on terrorism. But you know what we also need to do as Americans, is never let the terrorists change the Constitution in a way that disadvantages our rights.

Different: I'm a veteran. I was in Vietnam. I was a fighter then, I'm a fighter in the Senate, and I'll be a fighter in the White House.

Closing Remarks: I'd like to ask all of you that no matter who you support on this stage tonight, that you make sure to vote Democratic before you even think about voting for Rudy Guliani. We need change, and no matter the nominee, the Democratic Party will be an instrument for change. Thank You!
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2014, 07:22:14 PM »

John Kerry went and barnstormed across the country in early primary states, as well as ST states.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #359 on: September 28, 2014, 10:21:53 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2014, 01:16:24 AM by badgate »

Lincoln Endorsements!

League of Women Voters

Sen. Ted Kennedy

2006 Texas Democratic U.S. Senate Candidate Barbara Ann Radnofsky

New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo

South Carolina State Sen. Vincent Sheheen
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #360 on: September 28, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »

Statmenent from Lincoln Campaign

Blanche is incredibly humbled and grateful for the full support and endorsement of Senator Ted Kennedy, a giant of Democratic politics. Every day more Democrats unite behind our cause, and today we are proud to welcome Mr. Kennedy.

Statement from Lincoln Campaign

For 88 years, the League of Women Voters has been a stalwart of American democracy. On this day, however, a much smaller event has taken place. Blanche was ecstatic to speak to Elisabeth MacNamara, The League's President, earlier this morning and receive the official word of their endorsement of the Lincoln campaign. We are told the chapters of The League voted unanimously in support of Blanche. With this endorsement comes the full grassroots force of all fifty chapters, as well as the chapter in the District of Columbia. We look forward to this powerful partnership that will encourage women across the country and political spectrum to have a conversation with each other: a conversation about voting for Blanche.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2014, 05:26:15 AM »

Lincoln Endorsements!

League of Women Voters

Sen. Ted Kennedy

Cuomo has endorsed Sen. Bayh.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2014, 05:35:45 AM »

Round Six: December 2-8, 2007

The Wind-Down

The primary campaign is heading into it's final stretch before the first contests in Iowa. Less than month away and it is a coin toss in Iowa. Evan Bayh, Blanche Lincoln and Howard Dean are the three favorites going into the contest and the trio are the candidates making the headlines and building momentum. All three have delivered strong debate performances and have laid the groundwork for success in the caucuses.

Evan Bayh is out with a new series of ad highlighting his time in the Senate career and experience, with each one running with a recurring theme: Leadership. The ads are running in all the major states. For the first time the Indiana Democrat has topped the poll for Democratic primary voter's first preference, followed by Lincoln and Dean who tie and Clinton in a close third.

Dean is boning up in his foreign policy credentials, meeting with world leaders, as well as visiting Iraq. He took the week of traditional campaigning and many credit it as a smart move for the Vermont Governor, who lacks in the foreign policy area.

Iowa is going to be the test for all three. Bayh has slightly moved up to first, with Dean close behind. Lincoln and Clinton follow with third and fourth respectively. For Clinton, her focus should be on New Hampshire, Michigan and Florida, where she strengths lie and she has found success in the past.

While Dean, Bayh and Lincoln are the ones creating the headlines as of late Hillary Clinton is not to be counted out just yet. The New York Democrat seems to have regained her footing and found her voice. She is actively making her way to all the early states, proving that she is very much still in this race and talking with sources close to the campaign, they are fully prepared for victory and believe Clinton is in the underdog position and will come from behind.

John Kerry is still a contender in the Democratic race, with his best shot at shaking up the primary by winning New Hampshire. All pundits and sources close to the campaign have declared it the be and end all for the Kerry campaign. He must win New Hampshire to be viable and remain in the race.

On the Republican side President Giuliani still enjoys relatively high approval ratings for an incumbent (52 percent). Meanwhile, he continues to dominate in his primary with South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, though Sanford is making some headway in Iowa, but more significantly in South Carolina, his home state. Analyst believe for Sanford to have legitimacy he must perform better than expected in either Iowa or New Hampshire and all out win South Carolina. It's a tall order with a little under a month to go.

Democratic Primary Preference Poll: December 2004
Howard Dean:  18%

Republican Primary Preference Poll: December 2004
Rudy Giuliani: 61%

Iowa Democratic Caucuses Preference Poll: December 2007
Evan Bayh: 21%

Iowa Republican Caucuses Preference Poll: December 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 60%
Undecided: 7%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary Preference Poll: December 2007
John Kerry: 19%
Blanche Lincoln: 15%
Undecided:  13%

New Hampshire Republican Primary Preference Poll: December 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 66%

Nevada Democratic Caucuses Preference Poll: December 2007
Howard Dean: 21%
Evan Bayh: 20%

Nevada Republican Caucuses Preference Poll: December 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 67%
Undecided: 4%

South Carolina Democratic Primary Preference Poll: December 2007
Blanche Lincoln: 26%

South Carolina Republican Primary Preference Poll: December 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 51%
Mark Sanford: 45%

Michigan Democratic Primary Poll: Preference Poll: December 2007
Evan Bayh: 24%
Howard Dean: 18%
Blanche Lincoln: 16%

Michigan Republican Primary Poll: December 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 69%
Mark Sanford: 27%

Florida Democratic Primary Preference Poll: December 2007
Blanche Lincoln: 23%
Evan Bahy: 18%
Howard Dean: 15%

Florida Republican Primary Preference Poll: December 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 60%
Mark Sanford: 32%

Maine Republican Primary Preference Poll: December 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 77%

Wyoming Republican Primary Preference Poll: December 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 52%
Mark Sanford: 42%
--
This round will close Friday at 11:59 pm EST
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2014, 06:36:03 AM »

Lincoln Endorsements!

League of Women Voters

Sen. Ted Kennedy

I have Ted Kennedy.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2014, 09:27:04 AM »

Excerpt: Dean Speech in Iowa

"I'm willing to stand for a real solution to healthcare in Washington. Instead of the same old piecemeal bills that don't solve problems, I want to introduce a solution that will lower the cost of healthcare and give everyone the care they need, and the fact that Senator Evan Bayh is unwilling to cut costs and more willing to give the insurance companies what they want with mandates is downright ridiculous. That shouldn't surprise anyone though: The Senator has a record, and his record has been to run with the special interests in Washington, under the guise of representing the people. Don't be fooled: Senator Bayh has the most conservative voting record of this field, and if nominated by the Democratic Party, would practically leave no room for debate. I'm tired of our party not standing up for what we believe and standing for the people of this country!

I'm from the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party. Unlike Senator Bayh, Lincoln, Clinton, and Kerry, I would not have voted for the Iraq War. Unlike Senator Bayh, Lincoln, Kerry, and Clinton, I would've not have voted for these insane violations of our privacy, or any of the Patriot Act. At least Lincoln, Clinton, and Kerry have seen the light, but it takes leadership to take a stand on an issue even when its unpopular. All four Senators even voted for the No Child Left Behind Act! Voters have put their foot down on all of these issues and said enough's enough, it's time to stand up to the Washington politicians and get our country back!"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2014, 10:29:55 AM »
« Edited: October 28, 2014, 02:26:20 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Hillary Clinton-New Endorsements

Former Congressman Kenneth Holland (D-SC)

Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL)

New Hampshire Senator Paul Hodes (D-NH)

Former Congressman Ken Bentsen Jr. (D TX-25)
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: September 30, 2014, 06:12:35 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2014, 06:17:21 AM by RGN08 »

Ad Block (about 2 minutes)
December 2-8, 2007

I'm Evan Bayh and I approve this message.

BAYH:Who says I'm unwilling to cut costs and favor the insurance companies? I did not say anything about that. I said that I will follow the MANDATE OF THE PEOPLE, not the companies.

BAYH:Who says only a liberal or a moderate can unite the Democratic Party? Even Governor Dean proudly proclaims himself as from the Democratic Wing of the Democrats. Folks, the fate rests on your hands. If you really want change this November, look not on what wing he belongs, look on what he will do when he sits on the Oval Office. It's not about the past but what the candidate will do on the future

ON SCREEN: EVAN BAYH FOR PRESIDENT
NARRATOR:Make a good choice on (primary date).

DUKAKIS PAST
DUKAKIS:Most Americans labelled me as a liberal when I ran for president almost 20 years ago. I know Sen. Bayh is a conservative, but I endorsed him because I know, he can still unite America, he can still be a great leader. When you go to the polls, don't look what wing a candidate belongs but look on what he can do for America, no matter if he/she is a liberal or a conservative.

ON SCREEN: EVAN BAYH FOR PRESIDENT
NARRATOR:Make a good choice on (primary date).

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #367 on: October 01, 2014, 01:58:17 AM »

Lincoln Endorsements

Southern Poverty Law Center

Frmr. South Carolina Governor Jim Hodges

Iowa Governor Chet Culver

Colorado Senator Ken Salazar

AFLCIO
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »

Schedule for Bill Clinton

December 2, 2007

Meet with Campaign Staff in Chappaqua, New York

GOTV in New Vienna, Iowa (With Roy Buol)

GOTV in Sageville, Iowa (With Roy Buol and Patty Judge)

GOTV in Peosta, Iowa (With Sally Pederson)

GOTV in Cascade, Iowa (With Sally Pederson and Patty Judge)

December 3, 2007

GOTV in Blairstown, Iowa

GOTV in Norway, Iowa

GOTV in Walford, Iowa

GOTV in Palo, Iowa (With Jack Hatch and Roy Buol)

December 4, 2007

GOTV in Coggon, Iowa

GOTV in Ely, Iowa

GOTV in Hiawatha, Iowa

December 5, 2007

Meet Voters in Grand Blanc, Michigan

Meet Voters in Swartz Creek, Michigan (With Maria Shriver and Jennifer Granholm)

Meet Voters in Brown City, Michigan

December 6, 2007

Meet Voters in Applegate, Michigan (With Jennifer Granholm)

Meet Voters in Sandusky, Michigan (With Jennifer Granholm)

Meet Voters in Zilwaukee, Michigan

December 7/8, 2007

Phone Bank across New Hampshire, from the Morse Auditorium, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #369 on: October 02, 2014, 02:28:17 AM »

Lincoln Campaign Schedule

December 2, 2007 Iowa
-9:00am - Publicly seen leaving meeting with Gov. Chet Culver, sparking news stories of a rumored endorsement
-11:00am - Appearance at canvass kick-off in Des Moines
-12:00pm - Luncheon Fundraiser hosted by League of Women Voters in Des Moines
-7:30pm - Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony in Des Moines
-9:00pm - Fly to South Carolina

December 3, 2007 South Carolina
-9:45am - Live Press Conference in Columbia, w/ frmr. Gov. Jim Hodges Frmr. Gov. Jim Hodges endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-12:30pm - Barnstorming in Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin metro, w/ frmr. Gov. Jim Hodges
-5:30pm - Town Hall in Lancaster, w/ frmr. Gov. Jim Hodges; frmr. Gov. Jim Hodges' birthplace
-7:30pm - Town Hall in Rock Hill, w/ frmr. Gov. Jim Hodges

December 4, 2007 Texas
-8:00am - Fly to Texas
-12:00pm - Rally in Austin, w/ frmr. Sen. candidate Barbara Ann Radnofsky Frmr. Sen. Candidate Barbara Ann Radnofsky endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-5:00pm - Barnstorming in Houston, w/ frmr. Sen. candidate Barbara Ann Radnofsky
-9:00pm - Evening fundraiser with 50 biggest Democratic donors of Houston, w/ special guest Barbara Ann Radnofsky

December 5, 2007 Colorado
-9:00am - Fly to Colorado
-12:00pm - Rally in Denver, w/ Sen. Ken Salazar Sen. Ken Salazar endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-2:00pm - Town Hall in Thornton, w/ Sen. Ken Salazar
-4:45pm - Meet & Greet in Boulder, w/ Sen. Ken Salazar
-5:45pm - Meet & Greet in Gunbarrel, w/ Sen. Ken Salazar
-7:30pm - Town Hall in Longmont, w/ Sen. Ken Salazar

December 6, 2007 Iowa
-7:00am - Fly to Iowa
-10:00am - Rally in Cedar Rapids, w/ Gov. Chet Culver Gov. Chet Culver endorses Blanche Lincoln for President

Statement from Lincoln Campaign
Blanche is humbled to have received Gov. Chet Culver's trust and full-throated endorsement of her candidacy for President. Gov. Culver has been one of Iowa's greatest public servants, from his work as Secretary of State increasing voter registration and engagement of Iowa's youth, to his work as Governor making Iowa a globally recognized force of America's energy industry. Blanche is proud to work with this bold leader to find solutions to the problems of tomorrow.

-1:00pm - Meet & Greet in Marshalltown, w/ Gov. Chet Culver
-2:15pm - Meet & Greet in Nevada, w/ Gov. Chet Culver
-3:30pm - Town Hall in Ames, w/ Gov. Chet Culver
-5:00pm - Voter Registration and Rally at Iowa State University in Ames, w/ Gov. Chet Culver
-7:45pm - Student Forum at Iowa State University in Ames

December 7, 2007 Iowa
-10:00am - Fundraiser Breakfast in Des Moines, hosted by the AFLCIO, w/ special guest Gov. Chet Culver
-12:00-5:30pm - Barnstorm Des Moines Metro (Ankeny, Urbandale, Johnston, Grimes, Waukee, Clive, West Des Moines, Norwalk, Carlisle, and Altoona), w/ Gov. Chet Culver
7:30pm - Town Hall in Indianola

December 8, 2007 Iowa
-11:00am - Meet & Greet in Creston, w/ Gov. Chet Culver
-1:00pm - Meet & Greet in Red Oak, w/ Gov. Chet Culver
-2:45pm - Meet & Greet in Shanandoah, w/ Gov. Chet Culver
-5:00pm - Meet & Greet in Atlantic, w/ Gov. Chet Culver
-7:15pm - Rally in Council Bluffs, w/ Gov. Chet Culver
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #370 on: October 02, 2014, 04:02:52 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Dec. 2nd-8th, 2007

President Giuliani's 2008 Campaign Staff
Honorary Co-Chairmen: Dick Cheney and Tim Pawlenty
Campaign Manager: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Joe Allbaugh
Press Secretary: Dana Perino
Finance Director: Fred Malek
Chief Pollsters: Neil Newhouse and Bill McInturff
Co-Directors of the Vice Presidential Search Committee: Kay Hutchison, Beth Myers, and Matt Rhodes

December 2nd, 2007; Bahrain
-- Speak with the U.S. Navy Fifth Fleet at NSA Bahrain
-- Speak at the University of Bahrain in Sakhir
-- Meet with King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa
-- Fly to Saudi Arabia

December 3rd, 2007; Saudi Arabia
-- Meet with King Abdullah
-- Meet members of the Royal Saudi Air Force with King Abdullah
-- Speak with Saudi businessmen
-- Tour an oil refinery

December 4th, 2007; Saudi Arabia
-- Visit the Masjid al-Haram Mosque with Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz
-- Meet with American Muslims in Mecca
-- Visit the Al-Masjid al-Nabawi Mosque with Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz
-- Fly to Iraq

December 5th, 2007; Iraq
-- Meet with Envoy Rumsfeld in Baghdad
-- Speak with Coalition troops in Baghdad with Envoy Rumsfeld
-- Meet with President Talabani in Baghdad
-- Meet with Ambassador Bremer

December 6th, 2007; Iraq
-- Meet with President Masoud Barzani in Erbil
-- Speak with Coalition troops in Kurdistan
-- Meet with survivors of the al-Anfal genocide with Envoy Rumsfeld
-- Fly to Russia

December 7th, 2007; Russia
-- Speak at Chechen State University in Grozny
-- Meet with Ramzan Kadyrov in Grozny
-- Meet with veterans from the First Chechen War

December 8th, 2007; Russia
-- Meet with Prime Minister Viktor Zubkov
-- Pray with Russian Orthodox Christians in Moscow
-- Meet with Patriarch Alexy II and Former Premier Gorbachev
-- Tour Saint Basil’s Cathedral with Patriarch Alexy II
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #371 on: October 03, 2014, 02:07:16 AM »

Surrogates

People:
Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) - Barnstorming in SC-6
Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) - Barnstorming in SC
Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) - Barnstorming in Florida
Sen. Dan Mongiardo (D-KY) - Barnstorming in Iowa
Gov. Joe Manchin III (D-WV) - Hosting 2 pro-Lincoln fundraisers in West Virginia
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) Bundling for Lincoln
Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT) - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
Gov. John Baldacci (D-ME) - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) - Barnstorming in Florida
Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT) - Barnstorming in Iowa
Rep. James Matheson (D-UT) - Barnstorming in Utah
Gov. Brad Henry (D-OK) - Barnstorming in Iowa
Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL) - Barnstorming in Chicago metro
Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA) - Barnstorming in Washington
Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) - Barnstorming in Minnesota
Barbara Ann Radnofsky (D-TX) - Barnstorming in Texas
State Sen. Vincent Sheheen (D-SC) - Barnstorming in South Carolina
Frmr. Gov. Jim Hodges (D-SC) - Barnstorming in South Carolina
Gov. Chet Culver (D-IA) - Barnstorming in Iowa
Gov. Ken Salazar (D-CO) - Barnstorming in Iowa

Organizations:
NOW - Airing a Radio ad highlighting Lincoln's leadership, 5-point anti-poverty agenda in IA, SC, FL, NV, and MI
Planned Parenthood - Airing a TV ad focusing on Lincoln's support of women breaking glass ceilings in Iowa
NAACP - Fundraising for Lincoln & producing TV spots for Florida and South Carolina
American Federation of Teachers - Sending mailers promoting Lincoln's 5-point anti-poverty agenda and support for women in leadership roles, in the states of IA, SC, FL, NV, MI
League of Women Voters - Organizing phone banks to female voters in the states of IA, SC, FL, NV, and MI
Southern Poverty Law Center - Sending mailers in FL, VA, SC, NC, WV, OH, and IA
AFLCIO - Organizing block walks in IA, SC, FL, NV, and MI
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #372 on: October 03, 2014, 02:10:27 AM »

TV Ad: 2008

LINCOLN: This is a year for change. I'm Blanche Lincoln, former CEO of the Gates Foundation, and candidate for President. At the Gates Foundation I worked to put thousands of new computers and information technology in the hands of underprivileged students.

LINCOLN: When I served Arkansas in the United States Senate, I was a tireless fighter for my neighbors of all political stripes, and fiercely defended the rights of workers while fighting to raise the minimum wage. When you go to caucus [or: Vote in the primary] this January, remember this: I'm Blanche Lincoln, and I'll never sell you out or for a donation. I'll never betray my values for a vote. And you'd better believe I approved this message.

TV Ad: Time for Change

It's the same stories every day. Another Giuliani crony. Another problem or lack of action.

I'd like to change that. When I worked in Washington, I was a problem-solver who never forgot where she came from.

At the Gates Foundation, I oversaw a multibillion dollar charity that put new roofs over the heads of students and new technology and knowledge at their fingertips. We opened a public defender office in 50 cities that were lacking, and helped cities update gravel roads that cause costly repairs for hardworking Americans.

I'm running for President for you, not for the red carpet. Not for big donors. I'm running to make sure you have a voice in Washington.

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2014, 11:56:26 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2014, 11:59:12 AM by Cris »

John McCain

On the Campaign Trail for Rudy Giuliani!

December 2, 2007 - Iowa

2 GOTV Events, 1 Rally and 1 Town Hall.

December 3, 2007 - Iowa

3 GOTV Events, 1 Town Hall.

December 4, 2007 - New Hampshire and DC

2 Town Hall in NH, Congressional Duties in DC.

December 5, 2007 - South Carolina

1 Meeting at Campaign HQ, 3 GOTV Events.

December 6, 2007 - South Carolina

2 Town Halls, 1 Rally, 1 Meet and Greet.

December 7, 2007 - South Carolina

2 GOTV Events, 1 Meet and Greet, 1 Town Hall.

December 8, 2007 - South Carolina

2 Town Halls, 1 GOTV Event, 1 Meet and Greet.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #374 on: October 03, 2014, 12:03:35 PM »

Charlie Crist

On the Campaign Trail for Rudy Giuliani!

December 2, 2007 - Florida

Gubernatorial duties.

December 3, 2007 - South Carolina

3 GOTV Events, 1 Rally.

December 4, 2007 - South Carolina

2 Meet and Greets, 1 GOTV Event, 1 Rally.

December 5, 2007 - South Carolina

3 GOTV Events, 1 Town Hall.

December 6, 2007 - South Carolina

2 Town Halls, 1 GOTV Event, 1 Meet and Greet.

December 7, 2007 - South Carolina and Iowa

1 GOTV Event in SC, 2 GOTV Events in IA.

December 8, 2007 - Iowa

2 Meet and Greets, 1 Town Hall, 1 GOTV Event.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies