out of all the odd and weird posts in the update...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:08:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  out of all the odd and weird posts in the update...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question:  is this the weirdest?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: out of all the odd and weird posts in the update...  (Read 639 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:04:15 PM »

Jeff, on average, which color is closest to your typical urine color?

and as joerepublic pointed out, inks did this on his birthday.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 05:44:12 PM »

What about the follow up?

Not a doctor... high school coaches do this stuff. But I call BS that it's actually at 3. That may be the color of your toilet water post-urination, but that means your actual urine is much darker.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2014, 10:30:17 PM by Corporate Worship »

A very bizarre exchange which actually lead up to Sassy Bushie owning Inks pretty badly.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 08:31:35 PM »

I was at 4 today.  A colleague had a big fiesta last night.  He's a philosopher, and there were all these Humanities and Language Arts types in attendance.  Lots of beards.  It was fun to discuss Kant and Dadism and Spanish hotels and Brazilian musical genres and pork recipes.  The alcohol flowed rather freely as well.  Needless to say my urine was very dark this morning.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 09:39:35 PM »

A pretty bizarre exchange which actually lead up to Sassy Bushie owning Inks pretty badly.

Every dog has his day. Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:43:06 PM »

I'm gonna take this test. I'm guessing a five.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 06:44:43 AM »

I was about a 3 this morning.  Perhaps even less.  As somebody said, it's hard to tell because the post-urine toilet water is what stands out in memory.

To the OP:  No.  Chemical indicators and urine analysis are not particularly odd topics.  Especially compared to what comes up on this forum.  It would never have occurred to me, for example, to ever mention to anyone that I saw a guy in the park getting ice water dumped on his head, and later found out that it was an awareness campaign for Lou Gehrig's Disease.  Somehow, I registered it and moved on.  I suppose that it might have come up casually with the proper stimulus under the aegis of an informal social gathering, but I certainly wouldn't have gone out of my way to make a poll about it.  On this forum, though, it merits a multi-page thread, replete with quotes by the Archbishop of Canterbury himself about the pitfalls of freezing ones nads.  Or something like that.  There was also an obsession with the the status of Miley Cyrus regarding whether she was sexually active.  That lasted a long time.  Certainly weird stuff gets discussed on this forum, but piss color is not one of them.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »

It may actually be one of the oddest and weirdest set of posts in the entire forum, let alone Update...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 01:30:25 PM »

Surely the weirdest post is when Bushie's family reacts to his father's diabetes diagnosis by laughing about it and vowing to only eat healthy 3 or 4 days a week.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 01:43:15 PM »

Surely the weirdest post is when Bushie's family reacts to his father's diabetes diagnosis by laughing about it and vowing to only eat healthy 3 or 4 days a week.

I've never heard of anyone doing that, disgusting.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 07:20:13 PM »

But the whole concept of the update was absurd, ab initio.  It ought to be given a free pass when it comes to folks choosing weird posts, since it rests on the idea that such a thread is reasonable and valid in the first place.  My instinct would have been to post this, but in case I didn't I will now. 

Still, to be fair, the episode you point out is far more jarring than the urine indicator colors. 

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies