The Vice President, legislative branch or executive branch?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:47:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The Vice President, legislative branch or executive branch?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Vice President, legislative branch or executive branch?  (Read 1432 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2014, 01:44:25 PM »

Well, I always avoided this part of this forum. But considering I'm more and more interested by the US Constitution, and considering this is an atlasian debate as well, I would like to have the opinion of our dear experts!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 11:08:10 PM »

Executive branch except when he's working with the Senate....I guess.  I could be convinced otherwise.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »

In terms of what he does Constitutionally, he's Legislative Branch.  Also, he draws his pay and submits his expenses to the Secretary of the Senate. He has been given some additional extra-constitutional functions in the past half century, but I'd still consider him to be Legislative Branch except when serving as Acting President during a Presidential disability.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 05:54:17 AM »

In terms of what he does Constitutionally, he's Legislative Branch.  Also, he draws his pay and submits his expenses to the Secretary of the Senate. He has been given some additional extra-constitutional functions in the past half century, but I'd still consider him to be Legislative Branch except when serving as Acting President during a Presidential disability.
Makes sense to me (especially the pay/expenses part), consider my take on it switched.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies