Conservatives OUTRAGED as communism infiltrates Chipotle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:29:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Conservatives OUTRAGED as communism infiltrates Chipotle
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservatives OUTRAGED as communism infiltrates Chipotle  (Read 3322 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2014, 06:53:12 PM »

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/31/useful-idiots-chipotle-espouses-communist-rhetoric-on-to-go-bags/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »

Hmm, my mom really wants me to work for Chipoltle. Wonder how she'll feel about this.
GaussLaw
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 07:56:48 PM »

Clearly, chili peppers are communist and must be banned immediately.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »

I would think that if one wanted to be outraged by a restaurant, it would be better to be angry at The Olive Garden for claiming to be Italian.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 08:50:57 PM »

I would think that if one wanted to be outraged by a restaurant, it would be better to be angry at The Olive Garden for claiming to be Italian.

This.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 12:31:18 AM »

Well, there is certainly no room in that world for a ruling class, wage slaves, or the military-industrial complex.  A conservative nightmare, indeed.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »

There is also no room in such a world for Chipotle.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 12:02:26 PM »

Well, there is certainly no room in that world for a ruling class, wage slaves, or the military-industrial complex.  A conservative nightmare, indeed.

The irony being that this comes from a large corporation owned by the ruling class. George Saunders is one of those white Buddhist converts, which says everything you need to know about the quote.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 12:10:05 PM »

A bit rich coming from a company that... well, a capitalist enterprise of any sort in general, no?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 01:30:06 PM »

This.

I live in Texas where no one is Italian including myself and even I saw right through those BS commercials they used to do where "Great Uncle Mario" or whoever came to visit from Italy and his American relatives took him to Olive Garden for "Hospitaliano" that reminded him immediately of home. Even your average Oklahoman would probably be unfazed by that song-and-dance.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »

This.

I live in Texas where no one is Italian including myself and even I saw right through those BS commercials they used to do where "Great Uncle Mario" or whoever came to visit from Italy and his American relatives took him to Olive Garden for "Hospitaliano" that reminded him immediately of home. Even your average Oklahoman would probably be unfazed by that song-and-dance.

Luckily in Texas we have the much more authentic and delicious Macaroni Grill. Though last time I went there, after not having been in a while, it had declined in quality significantly from when I was a kid.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 02:33:20 PM »

This.

Luckily in Texas we have the much more authentic and delicious Macaroni Grill. Though last time I went there, after not having been in a while, it had declined in quality significantly from when I was a kid.

I still like Macaroni Grill. My main complaint is that they, like most restaurants in this era of structurally higher food prices, have protected their margins with higher prices and smaller portion sizes.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »

There is no excuse to go to one of those restaurants, especially for someone like Lief who lives in New York, where he has abundant access to glorious little corner pizzerias.

The best Italian I've ever had was actually in a town in Orange County, NY.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »

Steve Ells has always been a lefty, and I enjoy that they wish for everyone to eat and for environmentally-conscious materials to be used in their stores, etc.

Plus, they serve great food.

10/10 eat freqently
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 12:47:58 AM »

No doubt many of those conservative capitalists decrying such a fanciful world plan to go to heaven when they die.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »

Only dumbs would be outraged that some capitalistic company is making money off of communist slogans.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 12:54:04 AM »

This.

A+
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 01:06:41 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2014, 01:09:21 AM by HockeyDude »

There is no excuse to go to one of those restaurants, especially for someone like Lief who lives in New York, where he has abundant access to glorious little corner pizzerias.

The best Italian I've ever had was actually in a town in Orange County, NY.

Indeed, Snow.  The absolute best pizza one can have is directly under Madison Square Garden in NYC.  Makes even competent 'za like CPK taste like dog sh!t.  Here is an actual photo of the place.

Yes, the joint is called "Pizza".  $2 for a hot and ready slice of the best, one topping included if desired.  No NY Ranger game is complete without a post-game munchy-cure at Pizza.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 02:42:48 AM »

I still like Macaroni Grill. My main complaint is that they, like most restaurants in this era of structurally higher food prices, have protected their margins with higher prices and smaller portion sizes.

I agree. Remember the giant brick of lasagna? Now it's just a paperweight.
t_host1

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »

There is also no room in such a world for Chipotle.

...and yet they're being welcomed and allegedly courted at the border... priceless.
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »

Well, ten points to anyone who strolls in, gets a take-out, fails to pay, then when pulled up for it quotes the sanctimonious little turd's own words against him.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »

I haven't encountered a Chipotle bag yet.  There's one a couple of miles from my house but we've never eaten there.  I have heard folks talk about anti-drug messages and end cruelty to animal messages on those bags.  Honestly, I like Cholula sauce and all manner of chipotle-infused dishes, but the actual Chipotle restaurant just reeks of bad fast food so I probably won't ever eat there.  Still, I like the idea of personalized bags with cute statements on them (even though it probably leaves a larger carbon footprint than non-personalized bags.)

Last week, when we were in Aruba, we took lunch in the little oceanside bar at our hotel most days.  The fries, burgers, wings, and such were served on little newspapers.  They were like the normal frypaper, but with print of newspapers on them.  NY Times, LA Times, Le Monde, Italian papers, German papers, Honolulu papers, and from lots of years, going back to the 20s.  I got one that was a NYT article about the Hindenburg disaster.  That was quirky. 

About a year ago I got a fortune in a fortune cookie that says, "Today you will spend money on Chinese fast food."  I thought that was particularly clever.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 05:10:44 PM »

This.

Small portion sizes? Chain restaurant meals are enormous! The problem is the only way to make that happen and to have somewhat reasonable prices is to use very cheap ingrediants. One usually ends up with a giant plate full of refined carbs, trans fat, and salt. Macaroni Grill is the only full service chain I patronize. I go maybe twice a year.  It may not be "real" Italian, but it's tasty. Though they have "adjusted" their menu recently. I like the Mushroom Ravioli.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »

I don't hate Olive Garden because I like noodles with sauce on it even if there's no nationalism tied to it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies