Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:03:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 173137 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: August 05, 2014, 07:39:33 PM »

Jeff, what is a normal / average speed for preparing these drawings once you're fully trained and confident? What is the ultimate expectation?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #601 on: August 05, 2014, 08:17:54 PM »

Jeff, what is a normal / average speed for preparing these drawings once you're fully trained and confident? What is the ultimate expectation?

I think it varies, but usually 8 hours.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #602 on: August 05, 2014, 09:35:21 PM »

I've got my shower and my lunch is ready for tomorrow.  I will be going to bed in about 50 minutes from now.  Day 3 is just a little over 10 hours away.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #603 on: August 05, 2014, 10:40:52 PM »

What's for lunch? Braums?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #604 on: August 06, 2014, 12:08:45 AM »

Ugh, I'm worried. It sounds like Bushie is trying very hard to convince himself that he's doing well but his supervisor is already losing patience with him.

Bushie, you should have shown up to CADD school more often. You also shouldn't have blown off Russ Powers' final project.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #605 on: August 06, 2014, 12:36:46 AM »

I'm home from a really good day. I am starting to pick things up better and my supervisor is pleased so far. He's a little hard on me just because he wants to make me think and learn quick. Tonight, I am going to watch the Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees on MLB Network, then get my shower and read my Bible after the game then go to bed right after the 22:00 news. I am looking forward to Day 3 beginning in about 14 hours from right now!!

How is he hard on you?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #606 on: August 06, 2014, 07:14:28 AM »

Eraser, there is no need to be worried at all.  I'm doing fine.  All I was doing is explaining what I'm doing.  How the heck did you take that as bad news?  Nobody in their right mind would deduce that from the information I provided.  That's the problem with the forum - you all take a random post that has no bad news anywhere in it and turn it into faux bad news and then run with it and never listen to me when I say everything is okay.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #607 on: August 06, 2014, 07:58:58 AM »

That's the problem with the forum - you all take a random post that has no bad news anywhere in it and turn it into faux bad news and then run with it and never listen to me when I say everything is okay.

LOL, I wonder why.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #608 on: August 06, 2014, 08:03:42 AM »

Maybe he should get a portable radio and headphones while he drafts to listen to baseball. That seems to keep him settled.

"I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from 9 to 11, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from 9 to 11."

Haha, I've been wondering why this comparison isn't made more often. It's spot on Bushie.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »

Eraser, there is no need to be worried at all.  I'm doing fine.  All I was doing is explaining what I'm doing.  How the heck did you take that as bad news?  Nobody in their right mind would deduce that from the information I provided.  That's the problem with the forum - you all take a random post that has no bad news anywhere in it and turn it into faux bad news and then run with it and never listen to me when I say everything is okay.

It's never good when Bushie engages speculation.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #610 on: August 06, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »

It's definitely not sounding good. I agree with both Eraserhead and King's analysis. I've been an Update super fan long enough to be able to read between the lines here. Sad
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #611 on: August 06, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »

"I'm doing fine" suggests he has about 2 weeks left at this job tops.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #612 on: August 06, 2014, 02:20:13 PM »

whatever ever you do bushie, dont race through your drawings like you did in class.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #613 on: August 06, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »

1. Bushie rushed through all CAD classwork
2. Didn't try fix his teacher's corrections on bad CAD work
3. Skipped the final project
4. Was out of work 5 months after graduating with no CAD work
5. Despite making his parents buy him a computer with AutoCAD, has already said he's rusty on the program, meaning he didn't bother to open it up and practice it on his own during the past 5 months

He's probably about as good at CAD as any of us here right now.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #614 on: August 06, 2014, 02:33:15 PM »

1. Bushie rushed through all CAD classwork
2. Didn't try fix his teacher's corrections on bad CAD work
3. Skipped the final project
4. Was out of work 5 months after graduating with no CAD work
5. Despite making his parents buy him a computer with AutoCAD, has already said he's rusty on the program, meaning he didn't bother to open it up and practice it on his own during the past 5 months

He's probably about as good at CAD as any of us here right now.

Ouch.  True, but ouch.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: August 06, 2014, 04:53:48 PM »

Good Wednesday Evening!  I am home from an awesome day!  This was by far the best day, yet.  I took a break from the drawing I was working on the first two days and did something different as per the current needs of the company.  I have to finish the group I was working on late this afternoon tomorrow when I first get there, and then will be able to move onto other tasks as directed by my supervisor.  I thought the first two days were good, but today was miles ahead of even the first two days, and that is saying something.  I am still building that foundation, but that foundation is looking pretty good.  The thing that made today better is I think I have shaken 95% of the rust off and I didn't have to have help as much today.  I'm not rushing through my work like I did in school, but I'm double, triple, and quadruple checking my work for accuracy.  I have developed my first routine when I work on a drawing.  That routine will likely be modified, but for now I've got an early routine established.  The only bad thing about today is I had a painful twinge or knot in my upper back all day.  I don't have the most ergonomic office chair, and that didn't help.  My back still hurts this evening, but I will go to church this evening and then watch Big Brother when I get home.  15 hours until Day 4!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #616 on: August 06, 2014, 04:58:08 PM »

whatever ever you do bushie, dont race through your drawings like you did in class.

I learned my lesson on that in class.  I am actually going relatively slow and checking my work multiple times for accuracy.  I am still making errors, but most of those are overlooks.  I heard the phrases "good job" and "almost there" a lot today and even got some chuckles out of him.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #617 on: August 06, 2014, 05:57:45 PM »

I learned my lesson on that in class.  I am actually going relatively slow and checking my work multiple times for accuracy.  I am still making errors, but most of those are overlooks.  I heard the phrases "good job" and "almost there" a lot today and even got some chuckles out of him.

What exactly is it that you do, Bushie?  I understand CAD is about drawing things up, but what are you drawing up?  What is its application? 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #618 on: August 06, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »

The only bad thing about today is I had a painful twinge or knot in my upper back all day.  I don't have the most ergonomic office chair, and that didn't help. 

RIP JOB
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #619 on: August 06, 2014, 06:27:21 PM »

This back issue is going to become a real problem. I've seen Update long enough to know that.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #620 on: August 06, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »

Good Wednesday Evening!  I am home from an awesome day!  This was by far the best day, yet.  I took a break from the drawing I was working on the first two days and did something different as per the current needs of the company.  I have to finish the group I was working on late this afternoon tomorrow when I first get there, and then will be able to move onto other tasks as directed by my supervisor.  I thought the first two days were good, but today was miles ahead of even the first two days, and that is saying something.  I am still building that foundation, but that foundation is looking pretty good.  The thing that made today better is I think I have shaken 95% of the rust off and I didn't have to have help as much today.  I'm not rushing through my work like I did in school, but I'm double, triple, and quadruple checking my work for accuracy.  I have developed my first routine when I work on a drawing.  That routine will likely be modified, but for now I've got an early routine established.  The only bad thing about today is I had a painful twinge or knot in my upper back all day.  I don't have the most ergonomic office chair, and that didn't help.  My back still hurts this evening, but I will go to church this evening and then watch Big Brother when I get home.  15 hours until Day 4!!

Please tell me these tasks don't involve cold-calling their clients and trying to sell them additional CADD services.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #621 on: August 06, 2014, 07:40:17 PM »

When you write that you 'do not have the most ergonomic chair' do you in fact mean that you cannot find a chair to fit your not inconsiderable girth?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #622 on: August 06, 2014, 07:57:29 PM »

I would think that when you're 5'7"/300 lbs. serious back pain is a part of everyday life.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #623 on: August 06, 2014, 08:26:13 PM »

Seriously, Bushie, look into bariatric surgery. This can't go on indefinitely. Or maybe it can, but it shouldn't.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #624 on: August 06, 2014, 08:28:44 PM »

What exactly is it that you do, Bushie?  I understand CAD is about drawing things up, but what are you drawing up?  What is its application? 

I take drawings of heating systems, revise them as necessary, and send them to the shop to be produced.  Sometimes the revisions are to completely redraw the parts.  I also take individual parts of the heating drawings and give them their own drawing before sending to the shop to be produced.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies