most disturbing thing youve read on the message board?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 01:54:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  most disturbing thing youve read on the message board?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: most disturbing thing youve read on the message board?  (Read 6261 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2005, 11:02:31 AM »

oh...where to start....

a certain poster advocating killing cops was pretty disturbing.

but i think defending child molestation takes the prize as the most disturbing.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 11:03:08 AM »

oh and migrendel's 48 hour infanticide idea was pretty sickening too.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 11:05:13 AM »

oh...where to start....

a certain poster advocating killing cops was pretty disturbing.

but i think defending child molestation takes the prize as the most disturbing.

Those ideas, plus the infanticide idea, are all deeply disturbing.  I can't think of anything worse that I've seen.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 11:21:33 AM »

"I'm not wearing underwear"- No idea who.
Thar she blows, the most disturbing thing said! Smiley

Just joking. I don't know. I'm too new to know one.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 11:26:08 AM »

"I'm not wearing underwear"- No idea who.
Thar she blows, the most disturbing thing said! Smiley

Just joking. I don't know. I'm too new to know one.

Just listen to what opebo says, that's a good indicator of some of the most disturbing things you'll hear on the board.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 12:35:19 PM »

I remember when migrendel advocating child molesting.

Even the 'dukes of hazzard' guy from Kentucky (I think he said he moved to Illinois) effectively bashed him about that!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 12:47:42 PM »

I remember when migrendel advocating child molesting.

Even the 'dukes of hazzard' guy from Kentucky (I think he said he moved to Illinois) effectively bashed him about that!

I think migrendel was making the point that sex between those under the current arbitrary 'age of consent' and those over it could be a mutually enjoyable act and a positive experience.  I doubt that anyone 'effectively bashed' him about that, since it is obviously true.

I don't mean to put words into migrendel's mouth, my intent is just to support the spirit of his brave stance against the closed-minded.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 01:48:25 PM »

Opebo recently implied in a thread (though I think the offending post was deleted) that he would want his daughter to be a prostitute because then he could ... you know ... whenever he wanted to with her. That comes pretty close to one of the sickest things I've seen on the forum.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 01:50:38 PM »

Opebo recently implied in a thread (though I think the offending post was deleted) that he would want his daughter to be a prostitute because then he could ... you know ... whenever he wanted to with her. That comes pretty close to one of the sickest things I've seen on the forum.

*throws up*
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2005, 02:00:30 PM by Bob »

Wow... That is disturbing. Sickening.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 02:26:32 PM »

Everything opebo says and half the stuff Migrendel says.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 02:29:59 PM »

Shocked
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 02:31:19 PM »

Yeah, I find his $15/hr minimum wage idea pretty disgusting, though some of the other stuff is much worse.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2005, 02:36:09 PM »

only religious prudes who vote republican and live in the benighted areas of the us dont desire to have sexual relations with their daughters.

the great thinkers who live in enlighted areas (ie kerry states) realize that incest is a completely normal, healthy activity. 

youd have to be a religious not to understand.

(pretty good opebo impression, if i do say so myself)
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 02:42:34 PM »

Shocked

Ever seen the movie Dolores Claiborne? This reminds me of it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 03:31:14 PM »

Of course you are making that one up.

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 03:34:33 PM »

Even if he is, it's pretty sad that the rest of the forum thinks you said it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 03:37:11 PM »

Yes, people can be closed-minded bigots.  Here is the original posting:

I would rather not have a daughter or any offspring, but if I did I wouldn't mind if she were either a prostitute or a lesbian.  However I voted prostitute just because I like them so much more than lesbians.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2005, 03:39:31 PM »

Yes, people can be closed-minded bigots.  Here is the original posting:

I would rather not have a daughter or any offspring, but if I did I wouldn't mind if she were either a prostitute or a lesbian.  However I voted prostitute just because I like them so much more than lesbians.

You like prostitutes more than lesbos because you can screw prostitutes. So, if that's the case, why would you rather your daughter be a prostitute than a lesbian unless you actually did want to screw her.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2005, 03:49:56 PM »

You like prostitutes more than lesbos because you can screw prostitutes. So, if that's the case, why would you rather your daughter be a prostitute than a lesbian unless you actually did want to screw her.

Actually, no that's not the only reason.  I generally find them more interesting and/or amusing as individuals.

But to be fair I can understand why the prudes would jump to conclusions.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 03:51:04 PM »

Actually, no that's not the only reason.  I generally find them more interesting and/or amusing as individuals.

But to be fair I can understand why the prudes would jump to conclusions.

'amusing'... Right. Wink
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 05:06:03 PM »

hmm
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2005, 11:10:36 AM »

the gross oversimplification with which the children who post here describe their world is by far the most distubring aspect of this forum.  except for a handful of them, most see the world in terms of geopolitical bigotry (red state/blue state), partisan ideology (democrats and republicans), and without any real sense of history or social science.  this bodes poorly for the future of the republic.  (and that "handful" I described comes from Sweden and England, so even that handful of clear-minded minors who post here offer no real reprieve for the republic.)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2005, 12:03:43 PM »

the gross oversimplification with which the children who post here describe their world is by far the most distubring aspect of this forum.  except for a handful of them, most see the world in terms of geopolitical bigotry (red state/blue state), partisan ideology (democrats and republicans), and without any real sense of history or social science.  this bodes poorly for the future of the republic.  (and that "handful" I described comes from Sweden and England, so even that handful of clear-minded minors who post here offer no real reprieve for the republic.)

angus, that's to be expected of people without a great deal of life experience.  Life experience softens the sharp edges of ideology for most people, as does exposure to different perspectives.

I actually think that there are some American teens who post here who are pretty impressive, given their ages.  And there are some who are not.  I'm not even partisan about it; I'd put Republicans and Democrats in both categories.

As far as the focus on geopolitical bigotry and partisan ideology, there are one or two older posters who are far worse than almost any of the teens here.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2005, 12:12:43 PM »

ha!  well, that's true enough.  still, I suppose the fact that the younger posters are posting here, rather than chasing skirt and smoking grass, as I did when I was in high school, is impressive in and of itself.  nevertheless, the fact that many posters, young and old are satisfied with responses such as:  oh, well that's what I'd expect from a Massachusetts Democrat, or, what did you expect from an Idaho Republican, is cause for concern.  I see words like "nationalism" "moralism" and "liberal" overused and misused.  I see folks who can talk in great detail about how you'd go about creating a webpage or installing a peripheral device on a computer, but who cannot hang on disparate ideas in their heads.  Schools no longer teach critical thinking, at least in this country, and have replaced it with "technology"  Yes, I understand that there are only so many hours in the day, and yes, I understand that those who see education as a means to an end, rather than as an end in itself, are in the majority.  Still, for me, the most disturbing thing I've read is the shallowness with which knowledge is expressed by the younger posters.  Oddly, with the foreign posters, it is the young who make the better, moderated, optimisitc, and informed posts.  But it's just the opposite with the domestic crowd.  Something very disturbing about all that.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies