Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:10:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Balance of Power - WORLD WAR (The End)  (Read 9704 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2014, 08:39:08 PM »
« edited: July 25, 2014, 12:53:11 AM by Senator Lumine »

War Thread:
WORLD WAR:

War Info:

-Context: Tensions had been rising among the world powers for quite a while, but in Early 1905 and right after the war with Russia it all went to hell. Between the horrible dissaster in Mecca, the attack in Trafalgar Square and the open desire of the powers for war there was nothing to be done, and the war to end all wars began.

-Beligerents: French Republic and British Empire v. Germany, Italy, Greece, United States and the Ottoman Empire.

All right, the same old war rules remain, and I will post them again just in case:

1.- Thread Use: This thread will be used for everything related to the war, that is, military moves and diplomacy. Same goes for other countries joining the war.

2.- Turns: As always, we play wars with turns of three months, which means, two war turns for every main turn in the game. This turns will involve some military decisions, map updates, and so forth. Your moves will be sent via PM.

3.- Moves: Once gain, this is pretty explanatory, you post your moves and I calculate the result. I'll use a random number generator for the battles (from the point of view of the attacker), and results and offensives will be corrected for historical accuracy, so while I may make some mistakes don't expect ASB's.

Decisive Defeat 1-5.
Major Defeat: 6-18.
Tactical Defeat: 19-29
Stalemate: 30-55.
Tactical Victory: 55-69.
Major Victory 70-84.
Decisive Victory 85-89.
Pyrrhic victory: 90-100.

Those are the rules, if any conflict arises I will update the rules of modify them if something doesn't work. I will post the map of the conflict (so war), and the players will give me their moves, reactions, or war declarations if they join. Other countries might join as well, but that will depend on how the war is going.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »

War Map:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 08:41:45 PM »

I am considering using the dice system here instead of the random number generator, but that choice will be taken tomorrow.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:34:05 AM »

Hm, lemme guess... Red: Democrats, Blue: Republicans?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:45 PM »

Hm, lemme guess... Red: Democrats, Blue: Republicans?

The French Republic is very republican. I don't think the Ottoman Empire was known for democrats, though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »

When can we expect a results of phase one?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 11:56:29 AM »

Tonight! (Hopefully, there's a lot to calculate)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 08:30:43 PM »

As I was reading all the messages again, I realized that I don't have France's moves for this turn, which means we will wait until Dr. Cynic send them. Sorry for the setback!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 04:30:33 AM »

As I was reading all the messages again, I realized that I don't have France's moves for this turn, which means we will wait until Dr. Cynic send them. Sorry for the setback!

Or it's an early version of drôle de guerre Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 02:48:26 PM »

I must confess, now I'm kinda tempted to declare war on France Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 03:35:25 PM »

You're already at war with France.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 04:22:33 PM »

Nope. I'm at war with Britain, but not France.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »

Hey guys sorry... The world war came at an awful time for me personally... Is there anyone who can take France over for a little bit for me? This issue is kinda keeping me from extended periods to work on this at the moment.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 09:49:01 PM »

Unfortunate. Hope you can continue with the game some time later.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 12:54:07 PM »

For the sake of moving this along, I could take France for this turn only. After we get the results back we'd need a more permanent player are controlling 2 of the world's largest powers would be simply too much work for me.

But it's all up to Lumine.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 12:58:57 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2014, 01:03:09 PM by Abdul the Red »

Ah, this is a plot aimed at taking over France and break the French-Ottoman partnership Tongue Wink

Well, Windjammer was controlling both Germany and AH for some time, so it's not like there's no precedent. Another possibility is Windjammer playing as France for this turn, since AH is not involved in the war.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »

Ah, this is a plot aimed at taking over France and break the French-Ottoman partnership Tongue Wink

Well, Windjammer was controlling both Germany and AH for some time, so it's not like there's no precedent. Another possibility is Windjammer playing as France for this turn, since AH is not involved in the war.

Actually I'd keep France out of the war against you Wink I'm friendly when I'm not the UK! Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 01:59:36 PM »

Actually I'd keep France out of the war against you Wink I'm friendly when I'm not the UK! Smiley

Yes, you're certainly a very friendly fellow, when not at 10 Downing Street Wink

Seriously, I think everybody are quite eager to see the results, so you might have offered the most practical solution.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 02:15:23 PM »

Yes, you're certainly a very friendly fellow, when not at 10 Downing Street Wink

Seriously, I think everybody are quite eager to see the results, so you might have offered the most practical solution.

The moves are with Lumine as of about an hour ago Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 08:45:24 PM »

Great idea, Spamage....
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »

Thank you Spamage.

As for the update, I await it with bated breath.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »

Phase One Results:

New Participants:

-So far, Greece and Bulgaria have entered the war on the side of the Entente (Reds), linked by the Adriatic League and the treaty Ottoman Empire/Bulgaria. Both sides have sent countless PM's asking for new countries to join the war, and while many of them are more than willing to jump into the war, they will wait to see where the wind is blowing (which means Phase 2 or 3, most likely).

Domestic Results:

Entente (Red): Well, Germany finally has a chance for revenge against the French, and while Wilhelm III's prestige has suffered thanks to his earlier Alsace-Lorraine peace deal, the man is popular enough the war in the East. Japan is once again happy to follow Mutsuhito's lead in the East, America remains deeply divided on the war (with the war declaration barely passing Congress) and having to hold onto Canada (were acts of sabotage have already been recorded), the Ottoman Empire is energized against the British, and the Italians finally have the war they wanted to have.

Allies (Blue): France remains united and ready to strike at the Germans and settle this once and for all, but the situation in Britain is not that positive. While Prime Minister Balfour prevented the defections of some ministers from his cabinet, he is blamed for not handling the crisis well and the Liberals are trying to force him to create a War Cabinet that includes them as well.

Warfare Results:

European/Mediterranean Front:

Battle for Alsace Lorraine:
-Decisive German Victory: Both sides tried to be the first to attack and suprise the other, but in the end the Germans were the ones who had the largest number of men, having assembled most of their army in the zone. Despite a spirited defense by the French, the front collapsed and the Germans started their push into France, moving as fast as they could to reach Paris.

Alpine Front:
-Stalemate: Neither the Italians nor the French seemed willing to risk heavy losses by attacking first, so beyond artillery duels and a few light attacks on some weakspots this front was strangely silent for this phase.

Morocco:
-Stalemate: With the Italian and the French Army holding similar positions, the declaration of war brought chaos to Morocco. The French tried to hold the line with capturing the Italian formations, but a series of clever tricks and moves had the Italians slipping through and taking control of the Southern part of Morocco, including Agadir, thanks to the American support. Both sides are now locked in a stalemate.

Invasion of Malta:
-Italian Major Victory: Driving a large part of their fleet to take Malta and with the British and French formations defeated in the battle of the Gulf of Tunis the defenses were weak enough to ensure that Italian naval power would be key. Despite heavy losses, the landings worked, and soon the Italian Army captured Malta.

Invasion of Crete:
-Tactical French Victory: Using their considerable forces in Libya and Egypt plus the naval units who avoided the Gulf of Tunis battle, the Allies were quick in assaulting the weakest spot in Greece, securing a landing zone and taking over at least half of the island, calling on the Greeks to withdraw from the war. Of course, the King of Greece refused, and reinforcements are expected to arrive into the island soon.

Middle East Front:

British Landing in Syria:
-Tactical British Victory: Repeating the operation in Crete, the British put an extra strain on their logistical capabilities to try and force the Ottomans into a corner, and as a result they sent most of their forces in Cyprus to land in the Syrian coast. The defense from the Turks was spirited, but they lost Latakia and the British opened a landing zone. Sadly, the British will need a lot more manpower if they want to push ahead.

British Assault on Iraq:
-Major British Victory: Quickly deploying a good number of Indian troops from their near home province, the British were able to disrupt the Ottoman defenses and destroy large numbers of their troops, destroying the possibility of an offensive in Kuwait and leaving the road for Iraq open. Alas, logistics here as pure hell, so movements here will be slow.

Ottoman Palestine Campaign
-Tactical Ottoman Victory: It was the time for revenge, and the motivated Ottoman troops screamed "For Mecca" as they launched themselves against the British positions. While the Ottoman troops were far better trained than in the past war, the British superiority in discipline and armaments showed, and the Ottomans failed to truly break the British defenses. That said, Palestinians were up in arms to expulse the British even if it meant welcoming the Ottomans, so they made life impossible for the Imperial troops and they forced them to withdraw while taking countless Jewish refugees with them.

American Front:

Invasion of Puerto Rico:
-American Major Victory: Preparing to strike at their enemies at the Caribbean, the British prepared a large part of their troops to land them in Puerto Rico, attempting two landings at the same time to draw out the American forces to use the hammer and anvil strategy, relying on local support. Of course, the natives failed to believe the British would truly give them independence, and the American commander was sharp enough to see through the stratagem. After heavy losses and a humiliating defeat, the British Army retreated.

British Assault on Honduras:
-American Major Victory: With the possibility of marching through Central America being too good to pass, the British General Staff chose to take a risky option and attack Honduras in order to weaken the American garrison. (Note to Spamage: Tanks will not exist for several years from now on) Sadly, the weather was all but friendly, and the British troops became rather sick in the jungle, even before the Americans did. In the end, the futile offensive wasted precious lives and left Belize open to a counter-offensive.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 08:00:49 PM »

African Front:

Eritrea and Somaliland Campaign:
-Franco-British Major Victory: While the Italians had recently begun to build a good sized base in Eritrea, they were quickly cut off from supplies and they were massively outnumbered in regards to the French and the British, who were quick to invade the Italian position and defeat them after a few pitched battles. In the end, the Italians were left holding out in some portions, and they position seems hopeless.

Cameroon and Togo Campaign:
-Franco-British Major Victory: Just like in Somaliland, the Germans were outnumbered and without supplies, so the French and the British had to face more resistance from the weather than from the Germans themselves. Togo has fallen and Cameroon is about to be finished.

Tanzania Campaign:
-Decisive German Victory: And here came the surprise of the first months of the war. Hoping to repeat the easy conquests in Africa, the British moved once again to defeat the Germans, expecting little to none resistance. The Governor, Bernhard Dernburg, had been working for the past months with the Askari natives and had built an excellent relationship with them, and he had the help of a German officer by the name of Lettow-Vorbeck (I have to include him here to explain the random number result here, sorry, xD), who organized the Germans and the Askari and then ambushed the British units as they entered the colony. By the time the multiple battles were over, hundreds were killed and a few thousands captured, and Lettow-Vorbeck even recaptured some of the land Wilhelm II lost with the help of Askari loyalists, shocking British Africa in such a strong way that the weakened Cecil Rhodes died of a stroke.

Namibia Campaign:
-Franco-British Tactical Victory: Facing a colony divided and still filled with insurgents from the Herero natives, it was not hard for the British to link up with them and slowly destroy the German units, quickly taking over the colony and having a few pockets of resistance left.

Asian Front:

British Pacific Campaign:
-Pyrrhic British Victory: Taking the advantage of the commonwealth assets and their naval units on the zone, the British were quick to take the offensive and easily take over American Samoa. after which they prepared an assault on Hawaii, hoping that the natives would rise with them as well. Despite the logistical nightmare and the fact that supplying such a position would in incredibly hard, the American Naval forces suffered a minor defeat and the British were able to land on one of the minor islands, securing it after a couple of days at a heavy cost. Reinforcements will we needed for both sides to suceed. Here some of the natives did chose to support the British, so large numbers of insurgents have been attacking US forces in order to weaken them.

Naval Front:

Battle of the Gulf of Tunis:
-Italian Major Victory: Acknowledging the need for control of the Mediterranean, the Italian Fleet had to face the French Mediterranean Navy and some British formations based on Malta in order to secure the seas. The battle was long and complicated, but the numbers favored the Italians, giving them the chance to encircle and cause heavy losses to the French, who had to withdraw to Toulon.

Atlantic Campaign:
-Stalemate: In what has become the largest naval battle in history, the forces of the Allies and the Entente fought for control of the Atlantic and the shipping lines, each side trying to impose a blockade on each other. In a series of bloody and complicated battles both sides were weakened, but so far nobody has secured supremacy here.

Intelligence Front:
-Boy, this was an active phase! With one of the biggest amounts of spies and agents deployed through the world in the past years, both sides went at each other's throats, and they caused a lot of damage. American agents have been blowing up railroads across France, and a plot to destroy Buckingham Palace was foiled minutes before it was to be enacted. Canadian loyalists bombed the DC National Mall and killed dozens of people, but the American Bureau suspects the hand of the British in this one. Several spies have been caught on many of the countries at war, and the respective Heads of State have the unpleasant work of having to sign their death warrants or the extradition orders.

Overview:

-Mixed results, the British have conquered most of Africa, but they have overextended in some parts, while the French face a major crisis to stop the Germans from getting any further. On the other side, the Ottomans are not doing as well as expected, the Italians have proved too cautious expect for Malta, and everybody's wondering what's up with Austria-Hungary and Japan.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 08:01:51 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2014, 09:26:40 PM by Senator Lumine »

War Map:

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 08:31:46 PM »

Although it's not part of the war, how is my now full-scale invasion of Turkestan going?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies