SUPERIQUE PACIFIC SENATE CAMPAIGN (VOTE)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 07:45:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SUPERIQUE PACIFIC SENATE CAMPAIGN (VOTE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUPERIQUE PACIFIC SENATE CAMPAIGN (VOTE)  (Read 1058 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
« edited: June 20, 2014, 07:44:21 PM by SoEA Superique »

Superique announces his campaign for the Pacific Seat

Superique decided that, before travelling to Turkey it would be good to have a contact with the very same Pacificans that elected him to his Pacific Council Office. He decided to make a humble event in the Oakland Suburbs. Here it's the transcript of his announcement:

I always wanted to be a Senator, I wasn’t able to win in October 2013 but the thing is, I’m not a very fond of PMing zombies and I usually try to win by convincing people that I have nice and good ideas for them. I lost a great opportunity to represent my region but I cannot regret the things that happened after that. I kept my job as SoIA and then I was nominated Secretary of External Affairs during the Presidency of Mr. Duke. It was certainly a great time and it was really pleasant for me.

On February of 2014, I didn’t oppose Tyrion for his Senate Seat. I was quite focused on my job as SoEA and he was doing an outstanding job as a Senator, very active and following a path that I enjoyed. He was a center-left legislator that at least understood the new reality of the twenty-first century and would not follow the very same obsolete Marxism formulas of the last millennium. But the reality now is a little bit different: Tyrion is not being as active as he used to be and I could certainly disagree with some ideological positions that he is taking, specially on the issues of Public Ownership.  Furthermore, I think that, after the Era of Good Feelings of President Duke, now it’s time for debate and new ideas and that’s something that I think that this nation currently lacks.

At first, I wasn’t really considering this bid, but it turned out that I had more time than I thought on this second semester and it seems that now would be a great opportunity to represent my Region. I’m worried about the current workings of the Senate. We love to put everything on the credit card, we love tax cuts and more expenditures but now it’s more than time to do the budgeting and see how much of those things we can clearly afford! I don’t intend to become the Ms. Thatcher of Atlasia but we need to be sensible on how much can we spend. Moreover, I believe that we can talk more about the Environment on the next Senate Session and put on the table the issue of Nuclear Energy and how can we use it smartly. It’s time for change, it’s time for more action and I strongly believe that I’m more than capable to bring those things to the next Senate.

It’s for this reason that I decided to run for the Pacific Regional Senate Seat. It has nothing to do as a vendetta against Mr. Tyrion, what I really want is to represent my Region and to bring some important issues, which are not being given the proper attention! Foreign Policy, Fiscal Policy, Healthcare, those are matters that we can talk so much more and I’m willing to feel the gaps on those debates. That is why I’m asking you to write-in for me in this election and see a bold and active Senator fight for you and The People of this nation.

Good Luck and Good Night!

Superique welcomes all the possible endorsements!

Endorsement List:
IDS Legislator Maxwell
GM Simfan
Averröes Nix (2nd Preference)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:02:21 PM »

#Endorsed

No question you are one of the wonkier people in Atlasia, and with Tyrion's activity leaving some to be desired, I have no question you would be a great Senator that would represent all of the Pacific, not just the Labor Party interests.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »

Can I ask why you don't just launch a formal candidacy?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 10:09:25 PM »

Can I ask why you don't just launch a formal candidacy?

Is it possible?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »

I don't see why it wouldn't be.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »

Well, so I'm running a formal campaign =)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 10:22:18 PM »

I mean, declare for the race rather than a write-in.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »

I mean, declare for the race rather than a write-in.

I did this =)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 12:38:29 PM »

Endorsed.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil