Add Muslim Americans to the list of people conservatives hate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:00:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Add Muslim Americans to the list of people conservatives hate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Add Muslim Americans to the list of people conservatives hate  (Read 5904 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:36:19 PM »

They were already on there, but they have to be on the blacklist at least twice, given how much anti-Muslim hatred has been emanating from the Republican Party lately.

There's yet another Huma Abedin conspiracy theory.

And while they were at it, Heritage Foundation panelists saw fit to single out and attack a Muslim in the audience and also compare Muslims to Nazis.

Texas Republicans verbally attacked a young, female Muslim university student at their convention.
Meursault
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »

Monotheists hate competition.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:24 PM »

I was present at the townhall where Allen West and the guy from CAIR got into it. I cringed when the crowd booed him as soon as he mentioned he was the CAIR director from South Florida, even if his question towards West was nothing short of troll-baiting.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:41:00 AM »

What else is new?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 10:23:13 AM »

They were once one of the most Republican friendly of minority groups. Funny how things change.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 11:06:16 AM »

They were once one of the most Republican friendly of minority groups. Funny how things change.

9/11 CHANGED EVERYTHING
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 11:48:33 AM »

Not me.  I'm conservative, and I don't hate Muslim Americans.  I realize that they're not all terrorists.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 01:08:16 PM »

I'm conservative, and I don't hate Muslim Americans.  I realize that they're not all terrorists.

How splendidly magnanimous of you.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 02:52:25 PM »

Awkward choice of phrasing there.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »

I think that say more about American Muslims that they was aboard the Republican Hate Wagon, until they was singled out as a target than it says about Republicans.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 03:10:59 PM »

They were already on there, but they have to be on the blacklist at least twice, given how much anti-Muslim hatred has been emanating from the Republican Party lately.

There's yet another Huma Abedin conspiracy theory.

And while they were at it, Heritage Foundation panelists saw fit to single out and attack a Muslim in the audience and also compare Muslims to Nazis.

Texas Republicans verbally attacked a young, female Muslim university student at their convention.
One of the women, Brigitte Gabriel is a popular woman among some grassroots; they want her to make a dark horse run for president in 2016, but obviously she wasn't born here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigitte_Gabriel
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 03:24:48 PM »

"Add". You mean that Republicans haven't hated Muslims since 9/11!? Some of them spent a good few years convinced that the current president is a Muslim, as if it would be an inherently bad thing.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »

They've already hated Muslims since 9/11 and blanketed the word to make it mean "terrorist". When the birthers accused Obama of being a Muslim, they wanted to paint Obama as an un-american radical terrorist. This isn't terribly shocking to me.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 03:39:42 PM »

Not me.  I'm conservative, and I don't hate Muslim Americans.  I realize that they're not all terrorists.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 04:23:19 PM »

They might well be again should the Democrats nominate a Jewish veep again (or prez, obviously). Anybody have results from Dearborn when Senator Levin runs?
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 04:49:35 PM »

They might well be again should the Democrats nominate a Jewish veep again (or prez, obviously). Anybody have results from Dearborn when Senator Levin runs?

Levin received 72% in Dearborn in 2008. Obama received 65% in the city.

Levin does appear to underperform Obama slightly in very strong D precincts, though it is offset by a large Levin overperformance in swing and lean D areas. If the former are the Arab areas (which would be my guess, though I'm not sure), Levin may have slightly underperformed Obama among the city's Arab voters while still winning them by a large margin.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »

I love thread titles like this one. They remind me how small-minded some1 liberals can be with their generalizations.

1. "Some" indicates "not all."
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »

Well, yes: conservative sexual politics plus a disproportionate percentage being "small business owners" would do that.  Would, past tense.

Also of course many Arab-Americans, especially those that have been here longest, are Christians from places like Lebanon and Syria.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »

I love thread titles like this one. They remind me how small-minded some1 liberals can be with their generalizations.

I know, I know.  Thankfully Oldiesfreak was able to put us straight.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 09:48:09 PM »

According to the avatar the original poster is an independent.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 10:46:41 PM »

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146540/Republicans-Democrats-Disagree-Muslim-Hearings.aspx

Islamophobia is not a minority viewpoint in the US, it's the norm. In a few liberal cosmopolitan areas, anti-Muslim sentiment is rare but elsewhere it's common.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 10:56:14 PM »

Hilarious.  It's "hate" when we disagree with Islam, but liberals NEVER rant about Christians. Totally.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 02:53:34 AM »

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146540/Republicans-Democrats-Disagree-Muslim-Hearings.aspx

Islamophobia is not a minority viewpoint in the US, it's the norm. In a few liberal cosmopolitan areas, anti-Muslim sentiment is rare but elsewhere it's common.

A larger percentage of conservatives than liberals may be bigoted towards Muslim Americans, but that doesn't mean "conservatives hate Muslims" like it's a prerequisite for anyone self-identifying as a conservative.

And if I found some freak incident about a racist Democrat and posted a thread called "liberals hate black people," I have a feeling it wouldn't go down with nearly as warm a welcome as this thread has. So I'm gonna call it out whether I embarrass myself or not.
Meursault
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 03:00:02 AM »

Get over it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 03:33:36 AM »

Butthurt blue avatars are butthurt.

If you don't like being associated with islamophobic bigotry, then maybe you should leave the islamophobic party.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies