Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:39:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85916 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2014, 09:41:40 AM »
« edited: July 02, 2014, 09:56:47 AM by X is Tywinning »

Renly and Stannis should probably tell us something about what they want to do. It's not very clear right now.

OOC: It's not entirely clear what anyone wants to do. The Targaryens are allied with the Martells, the Tyrells, and the Greyjoys, the Greyjoys are aligned with the Starks, the Targaryens fight the Starks, the Starks fight the Lannisters, the Lannisters fight the Targaryens and Baratheons, nobody has any idea who the Lannisters want to see as King now, the Tyrells used to support the Baratheons but now support the Targaryens, the Greyjoys make off with Lord Tywin's treasury next turn, and nobody has any idea what Lysa Arryn is doing.

Also, the current Targaryen-Greyjoy-Tyrell-Martell axis can field just over 140,000 men if we called all our banners - the Lannisters have aroudn 46,000, while the Starks can call 54,000, the Baratheons have 23,000, and the Arryns have 35,000. #dominating

OOC:

1. As something of an authority in who the Lannisters are fighting, I don't recall ever declaring war on the Targaryens.  I want to avenge my family, Tywin is essentially in LS mode at this point (although hopefully GameTywin is more entertaining than someone who doesn't even speak Tongue ).  If the Targaryens will let me have my revenge, why should I fight them?  Renly and Stannis Baratheon aren't going to flay themselves Tongue

2. For someone who is motivated by profit, you're making a very odd move indeed.  I'm not really sure why you think all of my money is in the Westerlands, but...

3. I would say that everyone should be weary about allying with the Tyrells at this point.  First they were Renly's ally, then my ally (I know for a fact that they were not plotting against me when I first reached out to them), then aligned with the Stenly Baratheon alliance, and now they are allied with the Targaryens.  They seem to just bounce around to whoever his strongest on paper at any given moment.  Hardly the most dependable allies.  Even the Greyjoys were anti-Stark, then anti-Lannister/pro-Stark, then anti-Lannister/pro-Targaryen, then anti-Tyrell/pro-Targaryen/neutral about the Lannisters, now they're apparently neutral on the Tyrells/pro-Targaryen/anti-Lannister Tongue  Unlike the Tyrells though, I guess they have the excuse of only caring about plunder and profit, but still.  I wonder if Daenarys' position (strong as it appears) is quite so dominant as it seems on paper given that she is counting on the support of some allies with a pretty consistent history of double-crossing their allies and/or Houses that they were negotiating with.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2014, 10:37:20 AM »

Renly and Stannis should probably tell us something about what they want to do. It's not very clear right now.

OOC: It's not entirely clear what anyone wants to do. The Targaryens are allied with the Martells, the Tyrells, and the Greyjoys, the Greyjoys are aligned with the Starks, the Targaryens fight the Starks, the Starks fight the Lannisters, the Lannisters fight the Targaryens and Baratheons, nobody has any idea who the Lannisters want to see as King now, the Tyrells used to support the Baratheons but now support the Targaryens, the Greyjoys make off with Lord Tywin's treasury next turn, and nobody has any idea what Lysa Arryn is doing.

Also, the current Targaryen-Greyjoy-Tyrell-Martell axis can field just over 140,000 men if we called all our banners - the Lannisters have aroudn 46,000, while the Starks can call 54,000, the Baratheons have 23,000, and the Arryns have 35,000. #dominating

OOC:

1. As something of an authority in who the Lannisters are fighting, I don't recall ever declaring war on the Targaryens.  I want to avenge my family, Tywin is essentially in LS mode at this point (although hopefully GameTywin is more entertaining than someone who doesn't even speak Tongue ).  If the Targaryens will let me have my revenge, why should I fight them?  Renly and Stannis Baratheon aren't going to flay themselves Tongue

OOC: Fair point. Nobody knows who the Lannisters are backing now that all male heirs of Robert's line are dead besides 'not-Baratheon' - but with the actions of both you and your son the last time the Targaryens came to Westeros it would be surprising to see you as allies.

2. For someone who is motivated by profit, you're making a very odd move indeed.  I'm not really sure why you think all of my money is in the Westerlands, but...

It would be very kind of you to tell us where your gold is.

3. I would say that everyone should be weary about allying with the Tyrells at this point.  First they were Renly's ally, then my ally (I know for a fact that they were not plotting against me when I first reached out to them), then aligned with the Stenly Baratheon alliance, and now they are allied with the Targaryens.  They seem to just bounce around to whoever his strongest on paper at any given moment.  Hardly the most dependable allies.  Even the Greyjoys were anti-Stark, then anti-Lannister/pro-Stark, then anti-Lannister/pro-Targaryen, then anti-Tyrell/pro-Targaryen/neutral about the Lannisters, now they're apparently neutral on the Tyrells/pro-Targaryen/anti-Lannister Tongue  Unlike the Tyrells though, I guess they have the excuse of only caring about plunder and profit, but still.  I wonder if Daenarys' position (strong as it appears) is quite so dominant as it seems on paper given that she is counting on the support of some allies with a pretty consistent history of double-crossing their allies and/or Houses that they were negotiating with.

The difference between us and the Tyrells is that the Tyrells have motivations and are fairly adept at playing the game. The Greyjoys I've been playing as more profit-driven than anything. Just don't be a poorly guarded wealthy neighbor. The Starks aren't wealthy (or particularly poorly guarded - I grabbed most of their easy-to-access gold in the beginning stages and they've beefed up their guards since then) and the Tyrells have the only fleet that could rival my own. The Targaryens are neither our neighbor nor anywhere near the wealthiest faction so we have no reason to cross her (and her dragons).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »

OOC:

OOC: Fair point. Nobody knows who the Lannisters are backing now that all male heirs of Robert's line are dead besides 'not-Baratheon' - but with the actions of both you and your son the last time the Targaryens came to Westeros it would be surprising to see you as allies.

It would be very kind of you to tell us where your gold is.

The difference between us and the Tyrells is that the Tyrells have motivations and are fairly adept at playing the game. The Greyjoys I've been playing as more profit-driven than anything. Just don't be a poorly guarded wealthy neighbor. The Starks aren't wealthy (or particularly poorly guarded - I grabbed most of their easy-to-access gold in the beginning stages and they've beefed up their guards since then) and the Tyrells have the only fleet that could rival my own. The Targaryens are neither our neighbor nor anywhere near the wealthiest faction so we have no reason to cross her (and her dragons).

2. It would be very kind of you to give your entire fleet of ships to House Lannister for us to do with as we please, but that isn't happening either Tongue

3. Try it and the Iron Fleet will burn; we fought off the Redwyne fleet and we'll do the same to you Angry
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2014, 11:00:03 AM »

3. Try it and the Iron Fleet will burn; we fought off the Redwyne fleet and we'll do the same to you Angry

Good thing we have nearly quadruple the assets of the Redwyne fleet Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #229 on: July 02, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »

A Lannister always pays his debts...
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #230 on: July 02, 2014, 01:47:45 PM »

You fought off the Redwyne fleet, but at the expense of the navy you had remaining.

And I can promise you, our intention was always betraying you when you came to us for an alliance. We had to make it appear like we were planning something with you so you wouldn't grow suspicious Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #231 on: July 02, 2014, 02:28:24 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2014, 02:54:55 PM by X is Tywinning »

You fought off the Redwyne fleet, but at the expense of the navy you had remaining.

And I can promise you, our intention was always betraying you when you came to us for an alliance. We had to make it appear like we were planning something with you so you wouldn't grow suspicious Wink

OOC: I don't want to get into PMs in this thread, but I can forward you one that almost directly contradicts that Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #232 on: July 02, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »

OOC: I don't want to get into PMs in this thread, but I can forward you one that almost directly contradicts that Tongue

Please do... I know what I was thinking all along, I want to see what this PM says
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2014, 03:02:37 PM »

Please do... I know what I was thinking all along, I want to see what this PM says

OOC: Done.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2014, 03:04:14 PM »

OOC: Don't get too much over yourselves, Magnificent Bastards. This war is far from over!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2014, 08:26:54 PM »

OOC: Hopefully we get POVs this turn; I rather enjoy those Smiley  The Arya one in particular was excellent!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2014, 10:13:22 PM »

OOC: Hopefully we get POVs this turn; I rather enjoy those Smiley  The Arya one in particular was excellent!

We will have POV's, but I'm having a distinct problem with them... I recieved so many orders to kill people that I'm trying to fit all of those deaths in the narrative, so this might take some time. I mean, if the dice and the context went through a worst case scenario, we would lose four players, xD
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:52 PM »

OOC: Hopefully we get POVs this turn; I rather enjoy those Smiley  The Arya one in particular was excellent!

We will have POV's, but I'm having a distinct problem with them... I recieved so many orders to kill people that I'm trying to fit all of those deaths in the narrative, so this might take some time. I mean, if the dice and the context went through a worst case scenario, we would lose four players, xD

Cry RIP Westeros.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2014, 10:40:47 PM »

OOC: Hopefully we get POVs this turn; I rather enjoy those Smiley  The Arya one in particular was excellent!

Cry RIP Westeros.

I would suggest the tactic of 'living on an island and sinking your enemy's navy'. I've found it rather helpful in avoiding death so far.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2014, 10:43:30 PM »

Cry RIP Westeros.

I would suggest the tactic of 'living on an island and sinking your enemy's navy'. I've found it rather helpful in avoiding death so far.

We shall see if that works, after all you could be one of the 4 and so could I Sad
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2014, 10:43:51 PM »

One imagines the Targaryens would be disinclined to grant the Lannisters any particular charity, for obvious reasons.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2014, 10:51:43 PM »

One imagines the Targaryens would be disinclined to grant the Lannisters any particular charity, for obvious reasons.

Either way, you seem likely to live - Tywin wants you alive. Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2014, 10:53:34 PM »

That's news to me. Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2014, 11:11:26 PM »

That's news to me. Smiley

Well, for the time being - he'd have to capture Renly alive at first if he wants to flay him, burn his house to the ground, legacy of ashes, etc, etc, all the stuff in his letter.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2014, 12:07:06 PM »

OOC: I don't know if this helps, but one possibility might be to give POVs to characters who don't get them in the books.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »

OOC: I don't know if this helps, but one possibility might be to give POVs to characters who don't get them in the books.

I would agree with this. GRRM added POV champters for people as he saw fit in order to display scenes (Areo Hotah, Melisandre, the Greyjoy brothers, etc.)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2014, 01:52:28 PM »

Can we expect an update by the end of today?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2014, 02:00:37 PM »

Can we expect an update by the end of today?

I really hope so, although obviously it'll be done when it is done (as GRRM would say Wink )
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2014, 03:50:33 PM »

I'm sorry, it's really become clear that I just don't have time to commit to this. Is there anyone else who'd be interested in taking over as Stannis? Sad
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »

I'm sorry, it's really become clear that I just don't have time to commit to this. Is there anyone else who'd be interested in taking over as Stannis? Sad

Maybe your character will die, and this problem will solve itself Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies