"California Uber Alles!": A Jerry Brown Dictatorship
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:02:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  "California Uber Alles!": A Jerry Brown Dictatorship
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: How is this timeline so far?
Freedom Timeline

Horrible Timeline

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: "California Uber Alles!": A Jerry Brown Dictatorship  (Read 5035 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2014, 10:47:51 AM »
« edited: June 14, 2014, 11:37:35 AM by RR1997 »

I'm going to start a timeline about a Jerry Brown dictatorship based on the song "California Uber Alles."

Link to song: http://www.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=154tcc36l#/watch?v=jN-_UOvwNA8

RR1997
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2014, 04:46:41 PM by RR1997 »

November 5, 1974:

"Welcome back America with our 1974 Midterm Election night coverage. Right now we project that Jerry Brown, a Democrat and son of former California governor Pat Brown, has won the California gubernatorial election against Republican challenger Houston I. Flournoy. Jerry Brown will replace the current governor of California, Ronald Reagan."

Meanwhile, at Jerry Brown's campaign headquarters:

Intern: "Mr. Brown, you won the election!"

Jerry Brown: "That's nice I guess. I have bigger aspirations, but this is a good start."

Intern: "What are these bigger aspirations?"

Jerry Brown: "I want to become president!"

RR1997
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »

Fast Forward:

Everything happens like it did in real life. Jimmy Carter defeated Gerald Ford in a close election, and  Brown wins reelection in 1978 and maintains relatively high approval ratings throughout his two terms as governor, but history took a different turn for the worse in 1980.

Breaking News-California Governor Jerry Brown Announces Bid for President, and Will Challenge Incumbent President Jimmy Carter in the Democratic Primary!

"My fellow Democrats, Jimmy Carter is the president of high inflation rates and incompetence! He doesn't deserve to represent our party! We are better than that! I promise true leadership and change for the American people!"

Ted Kennedy Declines Run!

"Look, I know there are a lot of people who want me to run, but I want to do other stuff with my life. I support Jerry Brown, and I want him to be the Democratic nominee, and then the next president. Down with Jimmy Carter!"

1980 Democratic Primary

Jimmy Carter vs. Jerry Brown
 vs.

Early 1980 Nationwide Democratic Primary Poll:
Jimmy Carter: 40.1%
Jerry Brown: 40.0%
Lyndon LaRouche: 1.01%
Other: 0.91%
Undecided: 17.98%

The Republican Primaries to come next.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »

Did Moonbeam marry Linda Ronstadt?

RR1997
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »

The two are just dating as of now.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 08:22:26 PM »

Who would become California Governor if Moonbeam was elected President in 1980 ?

I'm assuming Deukmejian still wins in 1982 over Bradley.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 10:47:30 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2016, 11:45:45 AM by RR1997 »

Republican Primary

George H.W. Bush Announces Bid for President!

"Whether the Democrats nominate Jimmy Carter or Jerry Brown, remember that all liberals are the same. The liberals are the ones who ruined this country, and if elected, I promise to fix this country!"

Ronald Reagan Announces Bid for President!

"I am running for president because I want to save this great country from an evil curse they call liberalism, and usher an era of confidence and prosperity for the American people!"

Bob Dole Announces Bid for President!

"I might not be the front-runner in this race, but we can do it if you go out and vote for me! I'm the man who will best solve America's problems!"

Fast Forward

1980 Republican Primary Results

George H.W. Bush: 44%, 26 states+D.C. and P.R.
Ronald Reagan: 42%, 24 States
Bob Dole: 12%, 0 States
Other: 2%, 0 States

1980 Democratic Primary Results

Jimmy Carter: 51%, 27 States+P.R.
Jerry Brown: 47%, 23 States+D.C.
Lyndon LaRouche: 1.5%, 0 States
Other: 0.5%, 0 States

RR1997
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 01:00:03 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2016, 11:46:47 AM by RR1997 »

July 14, 1980

Highlights from the Republican National Convention

Bush won a majority of delegates, and chose Reagan to be the VP nominee.

August 10, 1980

Jerry Brown and Linda Ronstadt talk to each other privately in a hotel room in New York City the day before the DNC.

Linda Ronstadt: "Jerry, it looks like you lost the Democratic primary to Jimmy Carter."

Jerry Brown:"Don't worry, I'll still be the nominee."

Linda Ronstadt: "How?"

Jerry Brown: "Easy, we have to kill Jimmy Carter* before he accepts his nomination for President of the U.S. See look, if Jimmy Carter is the nominee, he won't win because of his low approval ratings, but if we do kill Carter, then the delegates would have to revote at the convention. The delegates most certainly won't vote for the other option, Lyndon LaRouche, so I will most likely win the nomination, and then win the general election in a landslide because of the voters who will vote for me out of sympathy for Carter. You know, the 'Carter would've wanted Brown to win, so I'll vote for him' type mentality."

*This is just a work of fiction.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 01:18:48 PM »

Just in to say I noticed this thread title on the main page, I approve of the idea as long as the timeline will indeed feature compulsory meditation classes, a suede/denim secret police rounding up uncool people, and organic poison gas, and I've seen Jello Biafra in concert recently. Grin
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »

Carter better watch his back, if he gets whacked, Mondale becomes President.

RR1997
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 07:23:09 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2015, 07:52:11 PM by RR1997 »

Bump

I abandoned this timeline because it started to get too childish/stupid/unrealistic, and no one seemed interested in it. Being completely honest here, I kind of miss this timeline and I want to bring it back.

Do you guys think I should bring it back?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 07:42:13 PM »

YESS! Sure it's a bit unrealistic, but as long as there's not a lot of negative comments, then I'd say keep on going. That is, if you actually feel like it. It doesn't really matter that much Tongue Smiley
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 01:02:28 AM »

I thought timelines were meant to be a bit unrealistic Tongue

Anyway, I like it. Keep going!
RR1997
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 02:51:14 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2015, 03:06:39 PM by RR1997 »

August 11th, 1980

BREAKING NEWS: JIMMY CARTER WAS FOUND DEAD IN HIS HOTEL ROOM ON THE MORNING OF THE DNC!

The news of Carter's death went around incredibly quickly. His death saddened the nation. Americans everywhere were mourning after Carter's death. The Democratic Party rescheduled the DNC, and a prayer service was held at the arena the DNC was supposed to take place in. Walter Mondale was sworn in as POTUS shortly after the prayer service. The reason behind Carter's death was unknown at the time, and an investigation took place.

August 19, 1980:
The DNC was rescheduled to this date. The delegates had to revote at the convention,and the two options were Jerry Brown and Lyndon LaRouche. The delegates voted for Brown by a large margin, and Brown chose Llyod Bentsen to be his VP.

"Delegates, I accept your nomination for President of the United States. Carter's death has saddened us all, but it's time to move on. Carter is up in heaven right now, and he'd love it if I won the presidency. Let's do this for Carter!"

The Campaign:

Brown led in most of the polls during the election season, and most expected him to win by a very large margin. Reagan as the VP choice for the GOP ended up being a huge mistake. Brown successfully convinced the American people that Reagan was a dangerous extremist, and that he should never become VP because of this. A lot of independents and Republicans (who were originally going to vote for Bush) supported Brown out of sympathy for Carter. Bush was also a very boring and bland speaker, so that didn't help him at all. Brown won by a large margin. Many compared this election to 1964 (some similarities include the fact that many people supported Johnson/Brown because of the fact that Kennedy/Carter died, Johnson/Brown portrayed Goldwater/Reagan as danger extremists, and because Johnson/Brown both won by very large margins).

This is a just a work of fiction
RR1997
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 03:03:33 PM »

1980 Election Results:

Jerry Brown/Llyod Bentsen: 58% of the popular vote, 480 EV's
George Bush/Ronald Reagan: 40% of the popular vote, 58 EV's

RR1997
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 03:20:58 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2015, 10:35:04 AM by RR1997 »

January 20th, 1981

Breaking News: Jerry Brown is sworn in as POTUS!

“I Edmund Gerald Brown Jr. do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God."

Minutes later, the Iran hostages were freed.

RR1997
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2015, 03:35:29 PM by RR1997 »

After Brown and his girlfriend (Linda) finished their tour through the White House, they had an interesting conversation privately in the Oval Office:

Linda: "Now you're POTUS. It's hard to believe, isn't it? What's the first think you want to accomplish?"

Brown: "I want mandatory meditation in every school in America! Boohahahaha!"

Guys,I would really appreciated if you commented on my timeline every time I update it (wether they are positive or negative comments). I hate spending my time on this timeline and getting no responses. It makes me feel like no one cares about this timeline and that I should stop. I would really appreciate it if you guys commented. Thanks!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 03:44:15 PM »

It's okay, RR. However, I would assume that it is like that mainly because the updates are not exactly the the most filled. So, I would suggest putting a chunk of things in there, so people could comment after the updates and such...
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 08:24:17 PM »

Guys,I would really appreciated if you commented on my timeline every time I update it (wether they are positive or negative comments). I hate spending my time on this timeline and getting no responses. It makes me feel like no one cares about this timeline and that I should stop. I would really appreciate it if you guys commented. Thanks!
[/size]

I can only agree with you. As a TL author, no comments - positive or negative - hurts and makes me question the purpose.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »

January 20th, 1981

Breaking News: Jerry Brown is sworn in as POTUS!

“I Edmund Gerald Brown Jr. do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God."

Minutes later, the Iran hostages were freed.

That spooky Jimmy Carter ghost.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 02:09:00 AM »

Who would become California Governor if Moonbeam was elected President in 1980 ?

The Lt. Governor, who was a pro gay rights 36 year old Hispanic musician. And if you guessed his party, you guessed wrong, he's a Republican.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »

Haha, this is a great TL.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 11:11:50 PM »

This is great. Wholly unrealistic of course, but it is fantastical, enjoyable, entertaining, and engaging!
RR1997
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2016, 11:43:46 AM »

1980 Congressional Elections:
House of Representatives:
Democratic Party: 282 Seats (+5)
Republican Party: 187 Seats (-5)

Senate:
Democratic Party: 61 Seats (+3)
Republican Party: 38 Seats (-3)

January 20th, 1981:

Breaking News:

President Jerry Brown signs Executive Order 10829 (also know as the Mandatory Meditation Act). MMA requires all students to meditate in public schools.

The law will start to take effect on August of the year 1982. The mainstream media stays quiet.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 11:45:46 AM »

IT'S BAAAAAAAACK
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length