Anyone's Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:42:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Anyone's Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone's Game  (Read 576 times)
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2014, 05:16:49 PM »
« edited: May 17, 2014, 05:26:31 PM by Brewer »

Click.

Clinton: Hello, is this the Senator?

Senator: Yes it is, may I ask who's calling?

Clinton: It's Hillary. Listen, I've got an interview with Scott Pelley in a bit here so I've got to make this quick, but I've got Bill on another line and he's been talking to me about how you've been considering a run for President...is that true?

Senator: Well..er...I've been, um, laying a groundwork for a potential run, yes. But like I've said before, that's only if you don't run. Regardless, I'd be a pretty small fish in a big pon--

Clinton: Senator, I know. In about twenty minutes I'm going to announce that I won't be a candidate, and you know I can't endorse you right away, but I want you to know that I like you, and you'll have my full behind-the-scenes support if you run.

Senator: I really haven't made a decision yet, Madame Secretary...

Clinton: Oh, don't be coy with me, Senator. And from now on I'd like you to call me Hillary -- Madame Secretary doesn't exactly...roll off the tongue.

Senator: Mada--Hillary, I appreciate your support, but --

Clinton: I think a "thank you" would be more suitable.

Senator: Yes, that's a great thing to hear, Hillary -- that you're willing to endorse me if I run, that is, not that--

Clinton: *chuckles* I know what you mean. Listen, I've got to go. We can chat more about this later. Goodbye.

Senator: Goodbye, and again, thanks but I--

Click.

Clinton: "Thanks, but no thanks."

February, 2015 - Former First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced today that she would not be a candidate for President of the United States in 2016. Clinton made the announcement during an interview with Scott Pelley on "CBS Evening News", saying, "You know, I am truly grateful and flattered by all of those urging me to run but I am perfectly fine where I am. I'm having a blast spending time with my family, and so, thanks, but no thanks." Clinton's announcement leaves the race for the Democratic nomination for President wide open -- it's truly anyone's game.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 05:19:58 PM »

Whooooooo will it be???
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 06:30:49 PM »

Judging by Brewer's sig, I bet it's Mark Warner.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 07:30:03 PM »

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »

My thought was Kristen Gillibrand. Regardless, I'm excited to see how the race will play out.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »

I was confused until I realized Brewer changed it from Governor to Senator.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »

I was confused until I realized Brewer changed it from Governor to Senator.

Yeah, I realized I made that mistake afterwards. Another update is coming later tonight.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »

Shaheen: "America deserves a strong leader in the White House."

March, 2015 - Senator Jeanne Shaheen, a Democrat from New Hampshire, announced today in the city of Dover that she would be a candidate for President of the United States. The announcement comes two weeks after Hillary Clinton, the prospective frontrunner for the Democratic nomination, denied any interest in running. Shaheen, a three-term Governor of her state before being elected to the Senate in 2008, proclaimed in her announcement speech that, "...while President Obama has worked tirelessly to move this country forward out of this economic slump, there is still a whole lot of work to be done."

Shaheen is, so far, only the third Democrat to announce a run for President, after Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley and Missouri Governor Jay Nixon. On the Republican side, the numbers are the same, with three candidates having announced so far: Florida Senator Marco Rubio, New York Congressman Peter King, and Indiana Governor Mike Pence.

2014 Election Aftermath

United States Senate
Democrats: 51 (2 Independents) (-4)
Pickups: GA (Michelle Nunn), KY (Alison Lundergan Grimes)

Republicans: 49 (+4)
Pickups: LA (Bill Cassidy), MI (Terri Lynn Land), MT (Steve Daines), NC (Thom Tillis), SD (Mike Rounds), WV (Shelley Moore Capito)

United States House of Representatives
Democrats: 209
Republicans: 226

United States Governors
Democrats: 24
Pickups: FL (Charlie Crist), ME (Mike Michaud), PA (Rob McCord)

Republicans: 26
Pickups: CT (Tom Foley)

Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »

5:38 P.M., April 7, 2015

Click.

Shaheen: Hillary, where have you been? I thought you said we were going to talk--

Clinton: Yeah, we are. It's been hectic around here Jeanne, sorry I couldn't find the time to discuss your flop of a campaign.

Shaheen: Excuse me? What flop--you encour--you said--

Clinton: I've told you I would help you as much as I could. There's only so much I can do! Your media exposure is minimal, you're playing the angry old woman role better than even myself -- do you want to get elected?

Shaheen: Of course I do. It's April for God's sake and I just announced my candidacy a month ago. The campaign needs time, Hillary, give it time!

Clinton: Who told you that? Your husband? Or was it Buckley? Jeanne, you're not exactly "star material" -- no offense--

Shaheen: None taken.

Clinton: --so you need to hit the ground running! We need everybody covering YOUR campaign 24/7. NBC, CBS, MSNBC, hell even if Fox News wants to attack you at least it's coverage. I don't care if your campaign manager tells you to give it time -- barely anybody knows who you are! I appreciate the work you and your husband have done, I respect you, and I want you to win this, Jeanne. Trust me.

*silence*

Clinton: ..Jeanne?

Shaheen: Hillary I really don't think you need to wor--

Clinton: Have you listened to anything I've said?! A single WORD? I'm sending people in.

Shaheen: People? What kind of people?

Clinton: People from my circle. I don't know who yet but we're going to turn this goddamn campaign around, you mark my words.

Shaheen: Thank you Hillary, I appreciate that.

Clinton: We'll talk. Goodbye.

Click.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 05:18:02 PM »

Mary Landrieu chokes again (Spurs Game 6 last year's NBA Finals) ?

Oh man !
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies