If elected ...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:09:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  If elected ...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If elected ...  (Read 1900 times)
ShapeShifter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2004, 06:42:47 PM »
« edited: April 10, 2004, 03:26:38 PM by ShapeShifter »

as a Senator for the North East region, I will introduce a new bill to congress to deal with the issue of Trolls.

One of my proposals would be to create an ID system, where those in question of multiple ID, will have to send an e-mail at the same time, to verify that they are two different people.

Another proposal would be to identify and define exactly what is trolling.

Also make it an offense to reply to a known Troll.

I will be active in the pursuit to rid our beautiful forum of Trolls and keep the integrity of our system intact.

Thank You
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 04:00:03 AM »

as a Senator for the North East region, I will introduce a new bill to congress to deal with the issue of Trolls.

One of my proposals would be to create an ID system, where those in question of multiple ID, will have to send an e-mail at the same time, to verify that they are two different people.

I will be active in the pursuit to rid our beautiful forum of Trolls and keep the integrity of our system intact.

Thank You

what about multiple e-mail addresses?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 10:22:20 AM »

That's interesting, that you take such a hawkish position. Smiley
ShapeShifter

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 10:36:27 AM »

Thank You

Please clarify. I do not follow.
dunn

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 05:59:11 PM »

I think he mean fighting the trolls.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 07:34:32 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2004, 07:37:08 PM by Emsworth »

Doesn't the new Constitution have a First Amendment?

I would like you to expound what you mean by saying that two people must send an e-mail at the "same time." Also, would your bill provide for a fair trial?
ShapeShifter

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 07:56:57 PM »

Doesn't the new Constitution have a First Amendment?

I would like you to expound what you mean by saying that two people must send an e-mail at the "same time." Also, would your bill provide for a fair trial?

All in question will have a fair trial.

Those in question will send an e-mail to someone in charge at the same time. If the person in question is one person two ID, then the e-mail will show identical IP. I am sure there is some loopholes in this , but I am sure this can be one of the many process to get rid of trolls on our forum.

None of my bills will hinder on the first amendment.

Helping someone commit a crime is against the law in real life. So, replying to a troll, and giving them more attention is just as bad. Of course, we would have to first define what is a troll. After a trial, if someone is branded a troll, then no one can reply to their post.

Thank You
nader
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 10:08:32 PM »

Where can I find a copy of this forums constitution?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 10:10:12 PM »

Where can I find a copy of this forums constitution?
That is a great question. I myself cannot find it; the responsible cabinet member (Demrepdan) has not released the "final" version.

So, Mr Secretary of Forum Affairs, when will you release it?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2004, 04:05:08 AM »

Thank You

i mean, you are saying that you will prove they are same person by having them e-mail you at the same time, well what if bgwah has multiple e-mail addys and just sends an e-mail from each?
ShapeShifter

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2004, 09:20:50 AM »

Thank You

i mean, you are saying that you will prove they are same person by having them e-mail you at the same time, well what if bgwah has multiple e-mail addys and just sends an e-mail from each?

That is the POINT! Smiley If he does that, it will show in the e-mail - identical IP! Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2004, 06:05:18 PM »

This is a good idea. If elected, I will support ShapeShifter's bill. The only thing to confirm is that somebody has E-mail software that can detect the real IP of the sender. I do not know how to get the IP address of the sender on my free accounts, it only gives me their address & the time stamp.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2004, 06:18:29 PM »

You can't make it an offense to reply to certain people, ever heard of freedom of speech?

How do you determine who is in question? Does a member simply have to go "I think Person A and Person B are the same person"

I wouldn't mind trying your experiment though, just to prove that I have not registered multiple times!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies