Lumine's Election and Political Tracker (Epilogue) - Tracker Closed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:05:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lumine's Election and Political Tracker (Epilogue) - Tracker Closed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: Lumine's Election and Political Tracker (Epilogue) - Tracker Closed  (Read 23913 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2014, 12:40:35 PM »

As there is no Winfield for President, I will no longer be running for Vice President. I am announcing that I will be running for Co-President

Andrew is now running for President. Why him isn't included in the candidates list?

Well, he never announced as a presidential candidate, only as "co-president", which means his candidacy is not technically legal. And he doesn't have a running mate as well.

Is he aware of this?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »

As there is no Winfield for President, I will no longer be running for Vice President. I am announcing that I will be running for Co-President

Andrew is now running for President. Why him isn't included in the candidates list?

Well, he never announced as a presidential candidate, only as "co-president", which means his candidacy is not technically legal. And he doesn't have a running mate as well.

Is he aware of this?

I must say I'm not really sure, I honestly never considered his run as actually serious, xD
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 03:07:34 PM »

Cris, its been an ongoing joke for months.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »

Labor Party Convention - Endorsement voting on the Mideast and IDS Senate races.[/i]

Voters: 5 (for the Mideast race, the vote of Windjammer isn't included)

IDS SENATE:

North Carolina Yankee (Federalist) 4 (80,0%)
Maxwell (Democratic-Republican) 1 (20,0%)

MIDEAST SENATE:

Benconstine (The People's Party) 4 (100,0%)
DC Al Fine (Federalist) 0 (0,0%)
MadmanMotley (Democratic-Republican) 0 (0,0%)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2014, 07:25:42 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2014, 08:00:39 PM by Senator Lumine »

Convention Time, Part III
With endorsement voting underway, the picture of some races might get a lot clearer:

June 9th: After four more days of debate and voting, and having only a week and a half until the election itself, the Atlasian Conventions continue to debate and vote on the Presidential and Senate races in order to finally choose the eventual nominees. Let's take an individual look at all the conventions:

Federalist Convention: While there was some initial confusion over the exact rules of the process, Federalist Chairman NC Yankee chose to go ahead with the nomination process, which as of now has Northeast Assembly Candidate Rpryor03 with an enthusiastic endorsement of Deus for the NE Seat (and SirNick as well), Former Vice-President DemPGH making a personal appeal to the convention, and Senator Lumine nominating SirNick in a lengthy speech.

Labor Convention: Cris already covered this a couple of days ago with his vote tracker (as there haven't been any speeches since the voting started), and so far it looks like Yankee leads Maxwell by a wide margin, while Benconstine holds a 2 to 1 advantage over DC al Fine with almost no votes going to MadmanMotley.

Democratic-Republican Convention: Featuring a good number of speeches made by party members (Maxwell and BaconBacon96), the Democratic-Republican Party has taken advantage over its size to conduct the convention in a very efficient way, quickly election Spiral as Chair and Maxwell as Vice-Chair. With only three votes in, SirNick holds the advantage, just like Deus, Maxwell, MadmanMotley, RR1997 and a Nay against endorsing Tyrion in the Pacific.

The People's Party Convention: So far, no movement here since SirNick's address, but since voting on endorsements starts a week before the election it can be assumed SirNick will be endorsed when the time comes.

Thus we might be looking at an scenario which has SirNick pretty much having secured the endorsed of the DR's and TPP, with the Federalists likely (but not certainly) going for him as well, while DemPGH enjoys the endorsement of the Labor Party. A recent number of polls released by Survey Atlasia showed a clear lead by SirNick, but since some of the results are strange in some ways (like Riley and Andrew's performance in their respective match-ups), it's better to assume this remains a close race. The Senate front hasn't been on the news for the past couple of days, but this night is assured to prove decisive with the opening of the IDS Maxwell/Yankee debate, moderated by IDS Emperor Scott and sponsored by Monster Energy Drink. Don't forget to tune in!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »

I appreciate I even got any votes at the Labor convention, though Yanks and I are both Former/Current Federalist Party Chairmen Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »

LGBT Equality Act struck down!
Fear and loathing in Atlasia? The Supreme Cout ruling has brought a bunch of reactions:

June 11th: In a move that seems to go along with the views of the majority in Atlasia, Supreme Court Justice Oakvale announced that the ruling was to favor Snowstalker, thus striking down the polemic LBGT Equality Act. With Labor VP Nominee Windjammer as the Governor who signed the bill and who defended it before the Supreme Court, consequences were felt in the presidential race in light of the reactions by the press and by Atlasian politicians across the nation. "The Observer" was the first to report that the ruling was set for today, while the "The Porcupine" ran a small piece shortly after the announcement. "The Observer" and "The Mideast Telegraph" are expected to present their views on the bill soon. So far we only have a small comment from Snowstalker delivered after the ruling, but since he showed interest in returning to the presidential race and since he was harshly criticized as well by some figures of the center-left (specially "The Observer"), he might very well use this political victory to either jump back into the race or revive the virtually defunct Left Front.

And while the media was rather neutral about the whole affair (so far), the politicians themselves weren't, with immediate attacks against Gov. Windjammer and his stance on this issue. TPP Presidential Candidate SirNick was quick to throw a jab against the Midwest Governor by defending free speech and stating that restrictions on free speech would be "unreasonable", a view that he posted on both his campaign thread and a thread in which the ruling was being discussed. On the other hand, Mideast Gov. Riley was quick to launch his own media initiative to fight the Labor ticket, which he called "The O'Riley Factor". As of now the "The O'Riley Factor" has written three pieces attacking Windjammer and the Labor Party as a whole, suggesting that Labor had declared a war on free speech and stating that a Constitutional Convention might be used to go after free speech as well. He was also rather critical of Gov. Windjammer's performance, as he believed the VP nominee to be incoherent and ineffective. So far the Labor ticket has been defended by Senator and Former GM Griffin, who blasted the Supreme Court for being "anti-gay" (something that most likely was merely a humorous attack), but reactions from DemPGH, Windjammer and high-ranking members of the Labor Party are to be expected soon.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2014, 02:10:01 AM »

Federalist Convention
Endorsement vote on the Presidential Race.

Voters = 10

None of the Above 5 (50%)
Fmr. Governor Sirnick (TPP-NY)/Governor Dallasfan (DR-MA) 3 (30%)
Governor DemPGH (LAB-WA)/Governor Windjammer (LAB-MN) 2 (20%)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2014, 11:12:41 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 12:11:05 PM by Senator Lumine »

Bye bye, era of good feelings?
Finally some reactions in the dullest race in living memory, showdown between rivals across the nation:

June 14th: When I stated that reactions were expected by the Labor ticket, well, it looks like an understatement on my behalf. In one of the most notable outpours of activity since quite a while ago, Federalists, Laborites and the DR's went out almost in full force to launch attacks everywhere and to everybody, a stark contrast with the earlier lack of attacks or accusations. The amount of threads created is too large to describe, but some of the memorable duels involved Senator TNF blasting me for being a warmonger and I blasting him for living in the Pre-1989 world, Senator Alfred casting Gov. Riley as a murdered and as a fictional entity, Flo and Butafly going after the TPP/DR ticket, SirNick and DemPGH calling for an end to attacks (ironically being the only ones who didn't fought), President Duke announcing the end of the era of good feelings and the obligatory Griffin/Yankee duel to the death. When the smoke cleared, everybody was still standing, but the resentment in all sectors against at least one other sector has become rather evident. As of today, the hyperbolic attacks seem to have stopped, and Gov. Riley has taken a leave of absence while arguing that he sacrificed his public image to make the game more amusing and entertaining.

As the Federalist convention goes on, SirNick keeps a clear lead over DemPGH, but the number of votes against abstaining from endorsing keeps growing higher. The debates continue on a high note, with harsh attacks from Deus, spirited proposals from Yankee and Maxwell. And last but not least, the Midwest has achieved the miracle of the first competitive Althing election since incumbent Thomas D lost his seat at the end of 2013, with Snowstalker and Hashemite joining the fray to score a comeback, a move that Adam Fitzgerald harshly criticized while vowing to challenge Senator TNF at a later date.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2014, 11:46:11 PM »

Federalist Nomination:

Voters = 24

SirNick: 46% (11)
NOTA: 29% (7)
DemPGH: 25% (6)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2014, 08:00:05 AM »

I don't think JBrase changed parties. According to the census bureau he is already registered as D-R, so likely only state change.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »

I don't think JBrase changed parties. According to the census bureau he is already registered as D-R, so likely only state change.

Yep, because IDS has districts.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »

Yep, because IDS has districts.

You're right, I could have swear he was still a Federalist, xD

Changed!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »

The Era was bound to end soon enough. Here's to hoping my term ends with as much destruction and pain as possible! Wink
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »

BruhBruh Survey Results Pt. 1

"Bitch I'm loaded, and I got stacks bruh bruh, all my homies from da trap bruh bruh"

52 Voters voted in this survey, which is a pretty great number for an Atlasian poll. So let's dig through the numbers.

Presidential Poll Results
PA Governor DemPGH/MW Governor Windjammer - 48%
Fmr. GM Sirnick/NE Governor Dallasfan65 - 40%
Undecided - 8%
Write-Ins - 4%

DemPGH leads in the race for President, but narrowly. Sirnick will have to fight hard for undecided and write-in voters. There is a decent sign for him though: both write-ins were right leaning (Duke and Hagrid), so that might be good. Either way, this could go down to the wire.

Favorables and Approvals
62-19 Fmr. GM Sirnick
58-23 NE Governor Dallasfan65
69-13 PA Governor DemPGH
50-35 MW Governor Windjammer
63-23 President Duke

Sirnick and Dallas are popular, but DemPGH is very popular, a reversal from his previous Presidential run and his Vice Presidential run. He earned a lot of good will during his tenure as Pacific Governor. However, weighing the ticket down favorably is Windjammer, who has recently faced controversy over his views on freedom of speech.

President Duke is popular, which is no surprise considering his consistent approvals over his tenure.

Demographics

Parties
Fed - 31%
Lab - 35%
TPP - 14%
DR - 11%
Ind - 6%
Other - 4%

Inds and Others are undersampled, but every other party is oversampled to a certain level, Labor and TPP in particular.

Regions
Mideast - 21%
Northeast    - 23%
Midwest - 17%
Pacific - 21%
IDS - 17%

Northeast, Mideast, and Midwest are undersampled, while Pacific and IDS are oversampled, but it's pretty close to actual stats.

Left-Right
Far Left - 8%
Left - 23%
Center Left - 21%
Center - 10%
Center Right - 25%
Right - 14%
Far Right - 0%

The Rightwing controls 39% of the electorate, while the left controls 52%. That leaves another 10% of the electorate, meaning, once again, any right-wing winning candidate has to dig in the center left.

Questions

Constitutional Convention?
Yes - 37%
No - 42%
Not Sure - 21%

In spite of a large scale movement for a constitutional convention, there doesn't seem to really be any willingness for it. Support is pretty weak, with less than 40% of the electorate wanting one.

Was the Supreme Court right?
Yes - 73%
No - 14%
Not Sure - 14%

Overwhelmingly, the Atlasian electorate agrees with the ruling by the Supreme Court that the LGBT Hate Crimes bill in the Midwest was unconstitutional.

Are we better off than we were 4 months ago?
Yes - 42%
No - 35%
LOL RONALD REAGAN - 23%

though there was an option that makes this somewhat irrelevent, Voters are mixed, but slightly view today as being better than 4 months ago, which is somewhat optimistic for the future of Atlasia.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »

And now, the time has come...
Election time is here, and the stakes are higher than expected:

June 19th: Just as it seemed that the attack period was over after a few days, the final reactions and attacks came just in time to give another turn at this curious election. The Presidential level was perhaps the most calm, with SirNick and DemPGH being incredibly boring civil to each other (you will forgive me, but half of Atlasia is thinking this) as SirNick ended up forming a coalition of DR's, Federalists and TPP against DemPGH's hold on Labor and disaffected members from the previous parties (as DemPGH enjoys interesting levels of support among Federalists). Polls show DemPGH with the lead but suggest a likely toss-up, so this election is likely to be undecided until the very end (and it will depend on what side manages to mobilize more zombies). Will SirNick continue the centrist hold on the Presidency? Will DemPGH and Labor win back the White House after two terms in the wilderness? No one can tell yet.

In a direct contrast with such a boring Presidential election (let's face it, it hasn't been fun since October 2013), the Senate elections are fired up and they will prove decisive for the next President and for the future of the parties. The Deus v. Bore and Yankee v. Maxwell debates can be considered a real success, being detailed, informative, extended and efficient (and with no shortage of attack lines). Senator DC has gone on record blasting pretty much every other party for their views on abortion and related issues, RR1997 and TNF have been mostly silent for the past week and hell broke loose in the Pacific and what seemed to be a mostly useless election with a single party turned into a three-way adventure. SoEA Superique launched a write-in campaign with turned into something more formal, with a campaign thread, endorsements, and the likely support of the Federalists, some independents and members of TPP across the region. Then Flo launched his own bid, risking penalties from the Labor Politburo and shaking up the race even further. Tyrion made his reappearance firing back and insisting that he had a good performance, and reliable sources have confirmed that the Labor leadership is up in arms to save Tyrion, forcing members to retract endorsements and then publicly attacking Flo to weaken his bid. As of now, the Federalist Party will face a fight against the DR's to see who's the dominant force in the right, and the Labor Party will try to defend their Senate seats and hope than with a DemPGH victory and by holding their seats they can finally have the Senate majority they need.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2014, 11:05:12 PM »

Election Night has Begun!

I'll try to keep this updated often so we can follow the results as closely as we can, and I invite anyone who wants to post results or comment to please do so. I think I'll provide some commentary as well, but that's left for when the results start coming. To vote, Atlasians, get out and vote!

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2014, 11:48:13 PM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jf3dxUfKoqKydnOEVmd5WtQU6YP8rmE1TFLqBQQzPhg/edit#gid=0

Senate tracker that Lumine and I will be working on. Please let me know if there are any errors.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2014, 11:51:17 PM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jf3dxUfKoqKydnOEVmd5WtQU6YP8rmE1TFLqBQQzPhg/edit#gid=0

Senate tracker that Lumine and I will be working on. Please let me know if there are any errors.

It requires permission currently.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2014, 11:55:21 PM »

It requires permission currently.

I changed the settings so everyone can view, sorry about that!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2014, 11:56:20 PM »

RIP ERA Sad

Now we even need special permission to view our private documents! Wink
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2014, 11:57:10 PM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RamaK3-hFJ-ULgOL-P_KduYv75TAo1cMlk4YgplShwA/edit#gid=0

Presidential Tracker
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2014, 12:15:36 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2014, 12:17:40 AM by Senator Lumine »

First results are in the tracker after the first hour of voting, and with 18 votes in SirNick leads DemPGH 10 to 8, or 55% to 44%. Strong turnout for the Democratic Republicans, crossover support for DemPGH on Spamage and Tmthforu.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2014, 12:17:04 AM »

First results are in the tracker after the first hour of voting, and with 18 votes in SirNick leads DemPGH 10 to 8, or 55% to 44%. Strong turnout for the Democratic Republicans, crossover support for DemPGH on Spamage, Badgate and Tmthforu.

Badgate is a Laborite Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2014, 12:18:03 AM »

First results are in the tracker after the first hour of voting, and with 18 votes in SirNick leads DemPGH 10 to 8, or 55% to 44%. Strong turnout for the Democratic Republicans, crossover support for DemPGH on Spamage, Badgate and Tmthforu.

Badgate is a Laborite Tongue

See, this is what final exams in college do to me, xD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies