Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:59:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187839 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: July 12, 2014, 09:10:18 PM »

Bushie, do you regret attending MetroTech?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1376 on: July 12, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »

That said, the first three days of work were great.  Training is going very well and so far I see no questionable or worrisome signs.  The same could not be said at my last place of employment.  The fact is, if I just take care of myself by showing up and doing my work, I will have no problem staying there.  I realize I have had attendance issues for the foreseeable past, but there is actually now an incentive to show up to work everyday unless it is scheduled.  That incentive is, they will actually dock my pay $1.00 per hour for the entire week if I miss more than 2 hours.  I'm getting paid $10.00 per hour plus bonuses now, if I take off one day without it being previously scheduled, I will get paid $9.00 per hour plus bonuses.  If I take off two days, it drops to $7.25 plus bonuses AND I would start getting in attendance trouble.  Everything resets on Monday, so if I get paid $9.00 one week, I can get back to $10.00 with a full 40 hours the next week.  It gives me financial incentive to show up everyday.  Anyway, work is going really well, and I think this will be a good place to work.

The above paragraph makes it sound like you're not going to take your attendance seriously. Which is worrisome, considering your past issues with attendance -- most recently, keeping you from successfully graduating your CADD class. It's like ... it's like you're incapable of learning from your mistakes.

I assure you, you will get in trouble for missing even one day of work. Especially if it's something that happens with regularity.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1377 on: July 12, 2014, 09:29:58 PM »

Bushie, do you regret attending MetroTech?

Right now,  honestly,  I am feeling it was a waste of time,  but it was a good idea at the time.   I graduated successfully,  but seeing my classmates get CAD jobs right away,  Malta me kind of jealous and sad.   I'm happy for them,  of course,  but kind of wondering why I haven't been as successful.   Then again,  I have to reject comparing myself to them and realize that maybe God has a different plan for my life.  For now,  I'm going to focus exclusively on the place I'm working now and try to make that my career.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1378 on: July 12, 2014, 09:34:02 PM »

That said, the first three days of work were great.  Training is going very well and so far I see no questionable or worrisome signs.  The same could not be said at my last place of employment.  The fact is, if I just take care of myself by showing up and doing my work, I will have no problem staying there.  I realize I have had attendance issues for the foreseeable past, but there is actually now an incentive to show up to work everyday unless it is scheduled.  That incentive is, they will actually dock my pay $1.00 per hour for the entire week if I miss more than 2 hours.  I'm getting paid $10.00 per hour plus bonuses now, if I take off one day without it being previously scheduled, I will get paid $9.00 per hour plus bonuses.  If I take off two days, it drops to $7.25 plus bonuses AND I would start getting in attendance trouble.  Everything resets on Monday, so if I get paid $9.00 one week, I can get back to $10.00 with a full 40 hours the next week.  It gives me financial incentive to show up everyday.  Anyway, work is going really well, and I think this will be a good place to work.

The above paragraph makes it sound like you're not going to take your attendance seriously. Which is worrisome, considering your past issues with attendance -- most recently, keeping you from successfully graduating your CADD class. It's like ... it's like you're incapable of learning from your mistakes.

I assure you, you will get in trouble for missing even one day of work. Especially if it's something that happens with regularity.

If it sounds like that,  it's totally not the case.  I was just explaining the policy of the business.   My plan is to not miss any time until at least November.   I have doctor's appointments in late September,  but If I'm still at this place by September 1, I will call and postpone my appointments until November,  maybe December.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1379 on: July 12, 2014, 09:39:04 PM »

I'm going to email them again first, but send it to my instructor and anyone else I need to.  I will call before the start of school on August 4 if I don't have an answer.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1380 on: July 12, 2014, 09:49:07 PM »

I graduated successfully,  but seeing my classmates get CAD jobs right away,  Malta me kind of jealous and sad.   I'm happy for them,  of course,  but kind of wondering why I haven't been as successful. 

Why don't you ask them what their strategy was for their job searches, so (assuming that you did in fact graduate and still want a CADD job) you can try to replicate their success?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1381 on: July 12, 2014, 09:50:05 PM »

Bushie, would you swear to go on a diet if Atlas dropped the CADD investigation and never again mocked your faith?  Seriously, because I am worried for your health, bro.  
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1382 on: July 12, 2014, 09:52:33 PM »

Bushie, would you swear to go on a diet if Atlas dropped the CADD investigation and never again mocked your faith?  Seriously, because I am worried for your health, bro.  

None of those things are ever going to happen.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1383 on: July 12, 2014, 10:05:08 PM »

In other news,  the medical condition that I had checked out last month is finally healing thanks to the antibiotic.  I'm not going to the bathroom as much and have been able to hold it at work and at night.  I take the last dose of the medicine next Saturday morning.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1384 on: July 13, 2014, 12:17:51 AM »

Bushie, if you're not going to commit to eat fruits and vegetables daily, will you at least do me a favor and start taking a multivitamin supplement? One pill a day with breakfast. If you don't want a pill, there's also gummies and drink mixes too.

It really wouldn't surprise me if a lot of your ills are caused by deficiencies. Memphis mentioned obese people he's seen who aren't as lethargic as you and that's where your lack of food variety may hurt you. Southerners may indulge in sugar and fat but they do get their collard greens and strawberry-rhubarb pie.

While supplements aren't as good as food, it at least gets you there.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1385 on: July 13, 2014, 01:02:26 AM »

I don't get why he would say that he needed an 80 to pass the course if he really only needed a 60. I'm pretty sure that he said that he needed an 80 several times.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1386 on: July 13, 2014, 01:06:04 AM »

I don't get why he would say that he needed an 80 to pass the course if he really only needed a 60. I'm pretty sure that he said that he needed an 80 several times.

I recall him mentioning the number 80, but it also seems like he did say that a 60 was passing before or right when he started - and that there was some ridicule about how a real college wouldn't let you pass with a 60.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1387 on: July 13, 2014, 01:37:39 AM »

Bushie, how many of your classmates got CADD jobs right away? Are you still in contact with Russ?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1388 on: July 13, 2014, 01:40:17 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2014, 01:42:01 AM by Mr. Morden »

The definitive answer on what it takes to pass CADD, written in August 2013:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=176707.msg3829274#msg3829274

You must be logged in to read this quote.

tldr: Sounds like the minimum overall grade to pass the course is 60, however there are also some individual tests (LAP tests) in which you must score much higher than that (85).
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1389 on: July 13, 2014, 02:24:45 AM »

Seems that if is true he had a passing overall grade, he bombed one of these LAP tests. Assuming the teacher did allow a retry and he passed, he failed a subsequent one and the prof was having none of it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1390 on: July 13, 2014, 07:36:03 AM »

Bushie would clearly be a terrible human being even if he had a different belief system; whether a different form of religion, or something more secular. It doesn't even have to be a belief system in a conventional, structural, sense. There is a certain type of person who can use just about anything to justify just about anything they do; a fairly common subtype - one that Bushie is just a few points of SBC dogma away from actually - would be the person who seems themself as the hero in the story of their own life.

I do think there's something to this, in the sense that it's not entirely clear how much folks like Bushie are actually influenced by their religious beliefs, as opposed to simply exploiting them as a means to justify behavior that they'd engage in regardless.  And I don't just mean Bushie here, but much of the culture that he's embedded in.  I'm not convinced that it would change as much as many people here might imagine if you took religion out of it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1391 on: July 13, 2014, 07:49:06 AM »

I'm going to email them again first, but send it to my instructor and anyone else I need to.  I will call before the start of school on August 4 if I don't have an answer.

No phone service for the next 3 weeks?  Another excuse.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1392 on: July 13, 2014, 08:31:45 AM »

Seems that if is true he had a passing overall grade, he bombed one of these LAP tests. Assuming the teacher did allow a retry and he passed, he failed a subsequent one and the prof was having none of it.

It wasn't the LAP tests that I bombed, rather it was one of the final projects that I rushed through and only got a 50% on.  That is what hurt me.  The LAP tests were all in the 90's or 100%.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1393 on: July 13, 2014, 08:59:02 AM »

It wasn't the LAP tests that I bombed, rather it was one of the final projects that I rushed through and only got a 50% on.  That is what hurt me.  The LAP tests were all in the 90's or 100%.

And the 50 was under the necessary level for graduation requirements?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1394 on: July 13, 2014, 09:39:01 AM »

I thought bushie refused to do the final project and he left 2 months early.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1395 on: July 13, 2014, 10:19:10 AM »

You were giving us scores for each test and many were less than 90...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1396 on: July 13, 2014, 10:21:08 AM »

bushie, did you enjoy cadd?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1397 on: July 13, 2014, 12:16:10 PM »

Maybe bushie is just a really crappy interviewer? Or he's just being lazy trying to find places. I don't know why everyone else would be getting CADD jobs except him, especially since he claims everywhere he looks wants experienced drafters.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1398 on: July 13, 2014, 12:17:39 PM »

And the 50 was under the necessary level for graduation requirements?

That was just one assignment.  I scored at least in the 70's or 80's on all the other projects.  It just happened to bring my average down to 78%.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1399 on: July 13, 2014, 12:20:04 PM »

I thought bushie refused to do the final project and he left 2 months early.

He waived the final assignment as it was not necessary to graduate with.  The assignment I bombed was the last project I did, the last requirement of graduation.  I have also told you before that I made so much progress especially during the fall semester that allowed me to graduate in mid March as opposed to early June.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies