Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:57:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 188794 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: June 24, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »

Jeff, if you actually completed the program, why isn't Metro Tech acknowledging that you did by sending your certificate?

you'd have to ask them.  My grades are all in m so there's literally nothing standing between me and a CAD job except applying and interviewing,

Weren't you supposed to ask them weeks ago? Come on, man, take some initiative. Actually do something with your life. Quit saying "I will" and actually do it. You keep saying that the past is the past and doesn't matter going forward, but you're still just doing the same unproductive things.

Excuse me for getting caught up in actually doing something MORE important like APPLYING FOR JOBS!!!

No, Jeff. That's a lie. You're telling me you've had no free time to call or email Metro Tech? You're napping and posting on the forum. You have plenty of time to send a quick email or make a quick phone call. You could do so as you drive to Braums. As long as you keep making excuses like that one, you'll never be able to succeed. Take responsibility for your actions instead of making excuses.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #776 on: June 24, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »

It is more of a delusion than a lie. Bushie avoids potentially unpleasant situations at all costs, seems he is afraid of the answers he will get back. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #777 on: June 24, 2014, 10:07:20 PM »

It is more of a delusion than a lie. Bushie avoids potentially unpleasant situations at all costs, seems he is afraid of the answers he will get back. 

I'm not afraid,  I just have bigger fish to fry.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #778 on: June 24, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »

I'm not afraid,  I just have bigger fish hamburgers to fry buy.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #779 on: June 24, 2014, 10:11:33 PM »

Jeff, if you actually completed the program, why isn't Metro Tech acknowledging that you did by sending your certificate?

you'd have to ask them.  My grades are all in m so there's literally nothing standing between me and a CAD job except applying and interviewing,

Weren't you supposed to ask them weeks ago? Come on, man, take some initiative. Actually do something with your life. Quit saying "I will" and actually do it. You keep saying that the past is the past and doesn't matter going forward, but you're still just doing the same unproductive things.

Excuse me for getting caught up in actually doing something MORE important like APPLYING FOR JOBS!!!

No, Jeff. That's a lie. You're telling me you've had no free time to call or email Metro Tech? You're napping and posting on the forum. You have plenty of time to send a quick email or make a quick phone call. You could do so as you drive to Braums. As long as you keep making excuses like that one, you'll never be able to succeed. Take responsibility for your actions instead of making excuses.

The fact remains I am doing what I need to to find myself a job.   I'm not ashamed of anything I'm doing right now.   Emailing them or calling them is not my top priority right now and not should it be.   I'll send them an email in the morning,  but I'm not going to worry about it.   I'm going to continue to apply for CAD jobs as well as other jobs.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #780 on: June 24, 2014, 10:15:32 PM »

The fact remains I am doing what I need to to find myself a job.   I'm not ashamed of anything I'm doing right now.   Emailing them or calling them is not my top priority right now and not should it be.   I'll send them an email in the morning,  but I'm not going to worry about it.   I'm going to continue to apply for CAD jobs as well as other jobs.

I never said it should be your top priority. It absolutely shouldn't be your top priority; however, it should rank above napping, Braums, and the forum (among others). It's pretty clear that you're hiding something. Ultimately, I really don't care that you are, but you're screwing yourself over by not simply being honest. I hope you're at least being honest with potential employers.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #781 on: June 24, 2014, 10:22:41 PM »

In Bushie's defense, it was mid-July before I got my diploma from undergrad and I still haven't received my law school degree and I graduated May 11.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #782 on: June 24, 2014, 10:31:57 PM »

In Bushie's defense, it was mid-July before I got my diploma from undergrad and I still haven't received my law school degree and I graduated May 11.

But did those schools tell you that you would get your stuff weeks/months before you actually did?  Bushie may very well have graduated, but his hesitancy to ask is suspicious.  It would literally take less than 5 minutes to contact the school, and yet he's claiming he doesn't have time to do that because it would eat into his job search time.  That's just not accurate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #783 on: June 24, 2014, 11:24:47 PM »

But did those schools tell you that you would get your stuff weeks/months before you actually did?  Bushie may very well have graduated, but his hesitancy to ask is suspicious.  It would literally take less than 5 minutes to contact the school, and yet he's claiming he doesn't have time to do that because it would eat into his job search time.  That's just not accurate.

It was pretty common knowledge that we'd get our actual diplomas mid-summer. I never asked, but I could see online that I met the credits needed and GPA to graduate. I'm not sure why Bushie is so hesitant to call and ask, which is why I am starting to suspect that he didn't graduate, especially in light of his comments that he's going to make a call center a career.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #784 on: June 25, 2014, 02:15:59 AM »

I'm not afraid,  I just have bigger fish hamburgers to fry buy.

lol
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #785 on: June 25, 2014, 06:37:24 AM »

I get so hot when you start using caps to put your point across. So just curious, do you actually apply for jobs every minute of every hour between 9am and 5pm? Monday thru Friday?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #786 on: June 25, 2014, 08:34:05 AM »

I just sent the school and my instructor an e-mail asking the status of the certificate. I will now wait for a response.

I'm already started on my job search for today and have one application already in this morning.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #787 on: June 25, 2014, 08:43:07 AM »

I just sent the school and my instructor an e-mail asking the status of the certificate. I will now wait for a response.

I'm already started on my job search for today and have one application already in this morning.

What kind of jobs are you putting in applications for?  Are you looking at those websites that Inks and Joe Republic pointed out, to find retail jobs?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #788 on: June 25, 2014, 08:51:32 AM »

What kind of jobs are you putting in applications for?  Are you looking at those websites that Inks and Joe Republic pointed out, to find retail jobs?

Those are included, but I just put in for a computer job - not a CAD(D) job, but an E-Commerce/Computer Science job that I went to college for.  Most of the time, it is customer service, clerical, technical support, and CAD(D).  I do look at the retail job side of craigslist, too.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #789 on: June 25, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »

Those are included, but I just put in for a computer job - not a CAD(D) job, but an E-Commerce/Computer Science job that I went to college for.  Most of the time, it is customer service, clerical, technical support, and CAD(D).  I do look at the retail job side of craigslist, too.

Again, not to harp on the retail thing, but it still seems like the easiest option to explore, given that you just said yesterday that at this point you'd settle for anything.  Can't you just go to a mall, and ask a bunch of stores if they're hiring?  Don't those kinds of jobs have high turnover, such that there's likely to be an opening *somewhere* at a given point in time?  Or is the job market really that tight in Tulsa?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #790 on: June 25, 2014, 09:47:14 AM »

I just found a beginning drafting job that says it's perfect for someone right out of drafting school.  It is a temp to hire position.  The ad was posted on Craigslist just after 9:00 am CDT this morning (45 minutes ago), I pounced on it immediately sent her my resume and immediately called her.  So, I've got an interview at 11:00.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #791 on: June 25, 2014, 10:16:13 AM »

Woohoo! Way to go!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #792 on: June 25, 2014, 10:30:26 AM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #793 on: June 25, 2014, 10:56:04 AM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #794 on: June 25, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »

The interview was quick, but very good.  The recruiter has forwarded my resume over to the company and we're just waiting to hear about the next steps.  I don't know the name of the company, all I know it's in West Tulsa. The recruiter seems confident and that makes me feel confident.  Now, we wait.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #795 on: June 25, 2014, 11:56:57 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 11:58:31 AM by memphis »

The interview was quick, but very good.  The recruiter has forwarded my resume over to the company and we're just waiting to hear about the next steps.  I don't know the name of the company, all I know it's in West Tulsa. The recruiter seems confident and that makes me feel confident.  Now, we wait.
Whenever Bushie is confident, bad things happen Sad
Also, how does one apply for a job and not know the name of the company?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #796 on: June 25, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »

bushie, in hindsight would you say it was not good to leave cadd on such bad terms?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #797 on: June 25, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »

Interviewing for an unknown company isn't uncommon. My sister did that when she went through a recruiter. She found out who they were shortly afterwards which company it was.

I hope he gets it, but I always worry because he often gets excited and then gets turned down.

What happened to that company he interviewed with that he claimed loved god and discussed church services regularly?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #798 on: June 25, 2014, 12:25:46 PM »

bushie, in hindsight would you say it was not good to leave cadd on such bad terms?

I left on great terms, so your question is irrelevant.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #799 on: June 25, 2014, 12:26:46 PM »

Interviewing for an unknown company isn't uncommon. My sister did that when she went through a recruiter. She found out who they were shortly afterwards which company it was.

I hope he gets it, but I always worry because he often gets excited and then gets turned down.

What happened to that company he interviewed with that he claimed loved god and discussed church services regularly?

I'm cautiously optimistic.

That other job turned me down as well. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies