Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:30:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187986 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2014, 09:58:41 PM »

Another call center? Oh boy.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »

I'm only concerned with Bushie's comfort level.  If he's comfortable with the familiarity he might as well do it.  Strange that it's always call centers... but who knows, maybe that's all the ruling class will allow for a worker in OK. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2014, 10:25:07 PM »

There isn't much point in taking the job if he's just gonna get fired again in a month's time.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »

I'm only concerned with Bushie's comfort level.  If he's comfortable with the familiarity he might as well do it.  Strange that it's always call centers... but who knows, maybe that's all the ruling class will allow for a worker in OK. 

Don't know if you've ever had to talk to Sprint customer service, but consider Bushie was fired from them for low quality. As someone who had to deal with them regularly at one point let me just say if this is the case Bushie should NEVER work in anything call center ever again. In fact I've told people at my job about Bushie ("I actually know of a guy who got fired from Sprint customer service") and everyone just laughs at what it would take to do that.

And this isn't purely anecdotal either. If you check out magazines and industry journals Sprint is consistently ranked as having the worst customer service of any cell carrier, who are ranked pretty low in general to begin with.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2014, 10:46:56 PM »

Bushie desperately wants to be white collar. That's why he gravitates to call centers.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #255 on: June 02, 2014, 10:54:12 PM »

Another call center? Oh this is going just as I expected, unfortunately.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2014, 10:55:46 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2014, 10:57:52 PM by the blue man group won't cure depression »

You know you got me thinking and laughing that he probably dresses all up to go to these jobs too, maybe even wearing a tie, and then probably reports to a supervisor or even a division manger in jeans. That's often the case at call centers if not the rule.

Hell anecdote time: Today I went to an Ingress lunch meetup in downtown Minneapolis (lunch break for people who work there, but I had the day off), one of the guys I play with who showed up is a Solutions Architect, the name doesn't really tell you much about the job, but just know that it's a high level IT one that requires a boatload of certifications (it might be easier to get a Master's Degree) and typically has a starting salary of around $80k/year. And this guy was wearing a T-shirt and holey jeans. And now people can see why I laugh at the idea of "dress for success".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #257 on: June 02, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »

Hey, I'm just trying to get some money at this point.  I can't be picky waiting for the perfect job to come around.  I know how to do call center work, and this is technical support something I did for an entire year at Dell and for 3 1/2 months in Utah.  I know how to do this type of work and it doesn't bother me as bad as it used to.  Hopefully, this drafting company will call and hire me and settle the score, so to speak.  Until then, at least it's not an MLM and it's not Kirby.  I know how to spot those a mile off now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2014, 11:14:54 PM »

You know you got me thinking and laughing that he probably dresses all up to go to these jobs too, maybe even wearing a tie, and then probably reports to a supervisor or even a division manger in jeans. That's often the case at call centers if not the rule.

Hell anecdote time: Today I went to an Ingress lunch meetup in downtown Minneapolis (lunch break for people who work there, but I had the day off), one of the guys I play with who showed up is a Solutions Architect, the name doesn't really tell you much about the job, but just know that it's a high level IT one that requires a boatload of certifications (it might be easier to get a Master's Degree) and typically has a starting salary of around $80k/year. And this guy was wearing a T-shirt and holey jeans. And now people can see why I laugh at the idea of "dress for success".

I dress up for the interview, but for work I dress to match the dress code.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #259 on: June 02, 2014, 11:16:18 PM »

Hey, I'm just trying to get some money at this point.  I can't be picky waiting for the perfect job to come around.  I know how to do call center work, and this is technical support something I did for an entire year at Dell and for 3 1/2 months in Utah.  I know how to do this type of work and it doesn't bother me as bad as it used to.  Hopefully, this drafting company will call and hire me and settle the score, so to speak.  Until then, at least it's not an MLM and it's not Kirby.  I know how to spot those a mile off now.

Good, because they are the worst of the worst.  Literally evil, and bad for everybody except the scammer and his inner circle. 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: June 02, 2014, 11:58:29 PM »

It very much depends on the industry. There is no one rule that applies to everybody. My experience has been that there is a strong correlation between suits and untrustworthness. Salesmen, conservative (in a political sense) clergy, bankers, politicians, and so on.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2014, 01:06:28 AM »

It very much depends on the industry. There is no one rule that applies to everybody. My experience has been that there is a strong correlation between suits and untrustworthness. Salesmen, conservative (in a political sense) clergy, bankers, politicians, and so on.

Depends on how much personality (or lack thereof) they put into the tie.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #262 on: June 03, 2014, 04:09:16 AM »

A wedding on 6 / 6 / 1 + 5 ? Seems awfully devilish.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #263 on: June 03, 2014, 04:49:12 AM »

A wedding on 6 / 6 / 1 + 5 ? Seems awfully devilish.

But read it upside down, and it makes for a compelling tax plan.  The devil's in the details.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #264 on: June 03, 2014, 06:14:53 AM »

I just don't get why Bushie refuses to get a fast food job...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: June 03, 2014, 08:45:07 AM »

I just don't get why Bushie refuses to get a fast food job...

I literally cannot lift the grease pans at the end of the night to clean up.  I tried that at KFC in 1999, but more than once ended up spilling the grease all over the floor.  One morning, I had to stay until 2:30 am on a school night to clean the place up.  I had to be at school at 7:55 that morning.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #266 on: June 03, 2014, 08:46:44 AM »

Dude, I don't want to post this anywhere but here but when your work status is "unemployed", the word "nap" should never enter into the scenario, except maybe on the weekend.

You need to spend every minute looking for a job.

K? Thx.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #267 on: June 03, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »

Bushie - USPS.  I know that you've applied before, but I'm coming from experience.  No less than 8 people on my mom's side of the family work for the post office, and most applied multiple times, and now make around $20/hr with full benefits.  Strong union, too!  I know of people in my hometown in NJ who have been recently hired, so don't think for a second that it's being "phased out" or "irreparably cut". 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #268 on: June 03, 2014, 02:54:34 PM »

Yeah, I don't understand why he only applies to call centers when he's been fired so many times from them. There are other options out there, I'm sure.

I just fear he is walking into all these jobs with a chip on his shoulders and telling them he won't need it longer than X amount of time because he will be employed as a CADD drafter soon, because he doesn't know that. So far, he has been turned down from every job he has interviewed for.

This cycle needs to stop soon. I'm sure his resume is not helping matters and it just keeps getting worse.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #269 on: June 03, 2014, 03:05:35 PM »

I've made plenty of "accidental" omissions on my resume before and "forgot" some exact dates.  No shame in it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #270 on: June 03, 2014, 03:40:21 PM »

I've made plenty of "accidental" omissions on my resume before and "forgot" some exact dates.  No shame in it.

Right, but he was "raised" to not do that, so he will stand by this flawed argument even if it means he will be forever unemployed and will result in him continuing to drain his parents retirement accounts.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #271 on: June 03, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »

Bushie how many employers do you list on your resume?   Did you list the scam ones too?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: June 03, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »

I've made plenty of "accidental" omissions on my resume before and "forgot" some exact dates.  No shame in it.

Right, but he was "raised" to not do that, so he will stand by this flawed argument even if it means he will be forever unemployed and will result in him continuing to drain his parents retirement accounts.

I definitely do not list all the employers.  If I did, my resume would be 3 pages, likely.  I only list the three best jobs dating back to the start of ONG in 2008.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #273 on: June 03, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »

Wow.. this is all kinda sad. Hopefully mama goes out and gets a job so she can support him. Obviously retirement was not in the cards for her.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #274 on: June 03, 2014, 07:35:45 PM »

Vruilgmohgiuyocuc
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length