Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:24:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187996 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2014, 03:03:56 PM »

Yes, he needs to get over his prideful nature and just take disability. He really wouldn't be exaggerating when he applied for it either. He is incapable of holding a job.
Incompetance is not enough. You guys act like getting SSDI is easy. It's not. I also don't think he could handle working fast food. There's a lot of requisite quickness and standing involved. And, of course, one needs to show up regularly.

I've seen a lot of obese fast wood workers.

But seriously, if he can't cut it at minimum wage and with the Tourette's diagnosis/maybe an OCD diagnosis along with the terrible work history, he's an easy disability claim.

Indeed.  He needs time to focus on his health, The Walking, and Christmas.  Enough with the call centers and minimum wage jobs. 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2014, 03:35:19 PM »

Yes, he needs to get over his prideful nature and just take disability. He really wouldn't be exaggerating when he applied for it either. He is incapable of holding a job.
Incompetance is not enough. You guys act like getting SSDI is easy. It's not. I also don't think he could handle working fast food. There's a lot of requisite quickness and standing involved. And, of course, one needs to show up regularly.

I've seen a lot of obese fast wood workers.

But seriously, if he can't cut it at minimum wage and with the Tourette's diagnosis/maybe an OCD diagnosis along with the terrible work history, he's an easy disability claim.
Said no disability lawyer ever.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2014, 03:39:14 PM »

Anybody else getting disability claims ads at the top of this page?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2014, 04:02:46 PM »

Yes, I am...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »

Yes, I am...

Click. And either get writing in this thread or stop reading it.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »

This is why America needs a stronger social safety net.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »

No, because I am a smart and downloaded Ad Block Plus for Firefox.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2014, 04:52:32 PM »

The argument could be made Bushie is the way he is because he's in a safety net.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2014, 05:08:21 PM »

The argument could be made Bushie is the way he is because he's in a safety net.

Ah, but how do you propose to fix such an extreme case?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2014, 06:03:34 PM »

He'll never right this course because he doesn't want to. He can always fall back on his parents. Now, he has rent to pay in Tulsa after stupidly signing a year long lease when he knew he was working in a temporary job at the call center.

People may be correct when they say he isn't eligible for disability, even though I disagree given his health problems, weight issues, and inability to hold a job longer than a month, but his problems are due to the way his parents treat him. He's a 32 year old man baby. He should just go back and live in his parents' trailer and not worry about anything else.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »

His parents won't be around forever and I have a hard time imagining that his brother and sister-in-law will want to bankroll his lifestyle...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2014, 06:49:19 PM »

Men,  there is no need for baseless personal insults.   I'm looking for a job.  I've got one good one that may call me this next week.   There are several other possibilities on deck,  too.  There is no doubt I will get a good career going very soon.   I had to be completely honest with this other potential employer.   I did not feel it right to take the job and immediately turn around and potentially blind side him by quiting the job.  I was raised better than that.  He ended up choosing someone with more experience anyway.  Nobody can ever accuse me of not wanting it or not trying.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #212 on: May 30, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »

Men,  there is no need for baseless personal insults.   I'm looking for a job.  I've got one good one that may call me this next week.   There are several other possibilities on deck,  too.  There is no doubt I will get a good career going very soon.   I had to be completely honest with this other potential employer.   I did not feel it right to take the job and immediately turn around and potentially blind side him by quiting the job.  I was raised better than that.  He ended up choosing someone with more experience anyway.  Nobody can ever accuse me of not wanting it or not trying.

How did your parents react to the latest happenings?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2014, 07:06:57 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

Men,  there is no need for baseless personal insults.   I'm looking for a job.  I've got one good one that may call me this next week.   There are several other possibilities on deck,  too.  There is no doubt I will get a good career going very soon.   I had to be completely honest with this other potential employer.   I did not feel it right to take the job and immediately turn around and potentially blind side him by quiting the job.  I was raised better than that.  He ended up choosing someone with more experience anyway.  Nobody can ever accuse me of not wanting it or not trying.

They were disappointed that I lost the job,  but feel better that I fought as hard as I could to keep it.   They are also supportive of me telling the truth at Thursday's interview.   They are proud of my honesty even if it potentially cost me a job.   Honesty may hurt initially,  but they are confident and I am confident that God will reward my honesty with a job at some point.   I just have to find it.  I got a very encouraging email Wednesday morning about the interview I had last Friday.  My parents are supportive of me all the way,  just hate the hand I've been dealt.   They hate the dirty tricks that have been played on me.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2014, 07:48:43 PM »

How many times will you eat out this week?

Also, here's a small tip regarding your lady situation. Stop bringing up your "five week break" when you talk about your relationship with Allison. It's ancient history at this point and she probably doesn't want to hear about it/be reminded of it anymore. Just say you've been together for about nine months or whatever. End of story.

By the way, was she upset about the job stuff? Planning on pushing back the wedding now?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »

Lol yeah, I love how he keeps reminding the world that they were broken up for 5 weeks until Updaters encouraged him to apologize and try to get her back.

As for eating out, Bushie can't cook and doesn't want to learn how, so of course he will eat out every night! No need to beat this dead horse again.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2014, 07:54:27 PM »

Lol yeah, I love how he keeps reminding the world that they were broken up for 5 weeks until Updaters encouraged him to apologize and try to get her back.

As for eating out, Bushie can't cook and doesn't want to learn how, so of course he will eat out every night! No need to beat this dead horse again.

im not sure why his parents keep funding his eating out.  that is a total waste of money.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2014, 07:58:14 PM »

How many times will you eat out this week?

Also, here's a small tip regarding your lady situation. Stop bringing up your "five week break" when you talk about your relationship with Allison. It's ancient history at this point and she probably doesn't want to hear about it/be reminded of it anymore. Just say you've been together for about nine months or whatever. End of story.

By the way, was she upset about the job stuff? Planning on pushing back the wedding now?

Well go out for lunch and dinner tomorrow in Stillwater,  but then I'll eat in most of the rest of the week.  I went to Walmart last Monday,  so I can eat in.  I'll go back to Walmart next Saturday after my parents leave to go back home.

I certainly agree with what you're saying about the 5 week break.   That's a mistake on my part.   Yes,  it has been 8 months.

She is like my Mom and Dad on the job stuff,  although we don't see eye to eye on the honesty thing.   She thinks I could have left it alone and dealt with it if it came along.

Since the date is still a year away,  there's no need to push it back at this point.   That is certainly an option,  but I'm pretty sure I will be working in June, hopefully early June,  so I can get back on track with my plans to propose to her officially.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »

Does he literally eat out every night, or does he sometimes heat up frozen pizza or whatever, that you can do at home, but doesn't actually require "cooking"?  Whatever happened to "I can make spaghetti with some assistance"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2014, 08:01:31 PM »

Does he literally eat out every night, or does he sometimes heat up frozen pizza or whatever, that you can do at home, but doesn't actually require "cooking"?  Whatever happened to "I can make spaghetti with some assistance"?

ive got a couple frozen pizzas in the freezer.   They will be consumed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2014, 08:06:39 PM »

I kind of agree with Allison. You don't know if you have another job coming. I'd take whatever you can get. If, by some chance, you are hired by a CADD drafter full time, then deal with it. Until then, you're going to keep missing out on income "waiting" for a job that likely isn't coming. You've lost out on 2 jobs now because you allegedly told an employer you were going to leave soon for elsewhere and then that didn't happen.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2014, 08:12:34 PM »

Men,  there is no need for baseless personal insults.   I'm looking for a job.  I've got one good one that may call me this next week.   There are several other possibilities on deck,  too.  There is no doubt I will get a good career going very soon.   I had to be completely honest with this other potential employer.   I did not feel it right to take the job and immediately turn around and potentially blind side him by quiting the job.  I was raised better than that.  He ended up choosing someone with more experience anyway.  Nobody can ever accuse me of not wanting it or not trying.

They were disappointed that I lost the job,  but feel better that I fought as hard as I could to keep it.   They are also supportive of me telling the truth at Thursday's interview.   They are proud of my honesty even if it potentially cost me a job.   Honesty may hurt initially,  but they are confident and I am confident that God will reward my honesty with a job at some point.   I just have to find it.  I got a very encouraging email Wednesday morning about the interview I had last Friday.  My parents are supportive of me all the way,  just hate the hand I've been dealt.   They hate the dirty tricks that have been played on me.

Jeff, you should probably try to recognize that you have played your cards poorly. Everyone makes mistakes but you will only get better by learning from them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2014, 08:37:39 PM »

I kind of agree with Allison. You don't know if you have another job coming. I'd take whatever you can get. If, by some chance, you are hired by a CADD drafter full time, then deal with it. Until then, you're going to keep missing out on income "waiting" for a job that likely isn't coming. You've lost out on 2 jobs now because you allegedly told an employer you were going to leave soon for elsewhere and then that didn't happen.

FWIW, the official reason I was given first thing this morning was that he chose someone with more experience.  Whether my honesty had anything to do with it, I don't know, but the official reason is experience.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2014, 08:39:19 PM »

They were disappointed that I lost the job,  but feel better that I fought as hard as I could to keep it.   They are also supportive of me telling the truth at Thursday's interview.   They are proud of my honesty even if it potentially cost me a job.   Honesty may hurt initially,  but they are confident and I am confident that God will reward my honesty with a job at some point.   I just have to find it.  I got a very encouraging email Wednesday morning about the interview I had last Friday.  My parents are supportive of me all the way,  just hate the hand I've been dealt.   They hate the dirty tricks that have been played on me.

Jeff, you should probably try to recognize that you have played your cards poorly. Everyone makes mistakes but you will only get better by learning from them.

I have not been the best at playing my given hands, and I do readily admit that I have not had my best game, but I am learning from them as we speak.  That said, I expect to be working in the first half of June.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2014, 08:40:10 PM »

Jeff, do you have a rough idea of when the official proposal might be coming? Does Allison herself already roughly know when it might be coming?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies