Would you tell Hitler's mom to have an abortion?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:42:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you tell Hitler's mom to have an abortion?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Would you tell Hitler's mom to have an abortion?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Would you tell Hitler's mom to have an abortion?  (Read 4608 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2005, 04:46:58 PM »

Well of course I would urge hitlers mother NOT to get an abortion. Hitler was guilty of no crime during the age of innocence, something all children are in until they reach the age of reason which is usually between 13-15 years of age.

But those that would most likely be aborted, would most likely be criminals in thier later years.

Oh really? You know that for a fact dont you?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2005, 06:26:29 PM »

As much as I hate his guts I'd say no....

He was truly evil but Stalin was far from an angel. Two evil powers fighting each other made them both become weak and allowed the allies to eventually defeat nazism and after the cold war communism.

Also I don't know if I would be born in the new timeline which in theory would create a paradox, because in the new timeline I cannot tell Hitler's mother to abort him.

I'm sure there'd be some way to deal with that situation that would require fewer than 60 million deaths.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2005, 06:27:38 PM »

I agree with angus. It would be her business. And as was said earlier in the thread, it could possibly lead to something much worse happening.

So if we have the oppurtunity to kill Osama, we should decline, because it could possibly lead to something much worse happening?

No, because, being in at the point at which time is acctually moving forward, we cannot possibly know what the consequences of such an act would be.  We can only progress foward.  With Hitler, we know what the alternatives and possibly pitfalls are.  It is the difference between being in the subway and standing atop the Empire State Building.

I haven't seen any real argument for why things would have been worse without Hitler.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2005, 06:54:55 PM »

Well of course I would urge hitlers mother NOT to get an abortion. Hitler was guilty of no crime during the age of innocence, something all children are in until they reach the age of reason which is usually between 13-15 years of age.

But those that would most likely be aborted, would most likely be criminals in thier later years.

Funny you should mention that, because I fall well with in the "most likely to be aborted" category.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2005, 07:23:22 PM »

As to how Russia was beaten in the War, one reason is that they were poorly equipped for winter combat (surprisingly).

True, though much of Russia is farther to the south, even than Germany.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well I said the Soviets had the strongest army, not the strongest military as a whole. Their other forces were of course far below the U.S., although both countries' first generation jet fighters (F-86 Sabre, MiG-15 Fishbed) were comparable and manufactured in time for the Korean War. The U.S. naval and air capabilities developed during the war as well as missile and nuclear delivery capabilities were much stronger. However in 1945, they did have the most powerful land force and may very well have taken over Western Europe if not for the atom bomb.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The rate of decline in 1933-37 was pretty fast as well. Of course in 1942 unemployment fell off a cliff, and I think that's the true effect of the war.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2005, 07:36:34 PM »

I agree with angus. It would be her business. And as was said earlier in the thread, it could possibly lead to something much worse happening.

So if we have the oppurtunity to kill Osama, we should decline, because it could possibly lead to something much worse happening?

No, because, being in at the point at which time is acctually moving forward, we cannot possibly know what the consequences of such an act would be. We can only progress foward. With Hitler, we know what the alternatives and possibly pitfalls are. It is the difference between being in the subway and standing atop the Empire State Building.

I haven't seen any real argument for why things would have been worse without Hitler.

I can only speculate here.

After WWI Germany was humiliated and economically destroyed.  A weak system of government had taken over, and there was constant struggle for power from various fringe groups (e.g. the Kapp Putsch, Spartacist Revolt).  The German people were bitter and angry that their country, which they loved, had been dragged through the dirt and blamed for the war.  Scary little nutjobs like Hitler were not hard to come by, and I imagine some of them probably had a lot worse ideas than him (anti-semitism was very popular in those circles).  If Hitler hadn't come forward, somebody else would have.  And who knows what would have happened?  For all we know, his replacement could have even fought a cleverer WW2, and may even have won.  It's impossible to say.

I strongly recommend that anybody interested in this subject reads this novel.  It's an interesting read.

Anyway, I voted no for the question.  In any case, I'd tell her the whole story and let her decide.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2007, 12:31:32 AM »

I'd rather tell his grandmother who was impregnated by a Rothchild.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2007, 02:40:47 AM »

I'd rather tell his grandmother who was impregnated by a Rothchild.

Thanks for that one Stark.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2007, 04:30:21 AM »

An interesting question from the other abortion thread.  I vote no.
Do you mean, on account of the incest issues? No.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2007, 10:16:06 AM »

Hard to say.  The question, "What if Hitler never rose to power?" was the premise of the game Command and Conquer: Red Alert, and anyone who's played that game knows that the outcome there was none to great.

Couldn't have said it better.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2007, 10:38:14 AM »

Then again, was that game based on facts.... but, in terms of what we objectively know, the answer would be yes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies