Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 06:46:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Official Stanley Cup Playoffs MEGATHREAD!  (Read 9476 times)
MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2014, 11:51:42 AM »

RIP Dan Bylsma.  Of course he'll have another job in 5 minutes, but........waiting for the announcement.
Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Tortorella, of all people, got another job after being fired by Rangers. So, I don't see why Bylsma shouldn't find one.
Mike Gillis doesn't have a job anymore to give out gift jobs.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »

RIP Dan Bylsma.  Of course he'll have another job in 5 minutes, but........waiting for the announcement.
Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Tortorella, of all people, got another job after being fired by Rangers. So, I don't see why Bylsma shouldn't find one.

Well, GM Shero's out. Too bad. He was instrumental in building the team that won the 09 Cup.

I'll say it: Dumping Bylsma is damned short-sighted. Winning the Metro Division and having the 4th best regular season record in the league isnt a given even with the Pens talent when the team loses over 500 man games to injury. It smells more like a grass is always greener mentality.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2014, 11:30:59 PM »

well then
first round i went 7 out of 8, this round not so good (stupid Fluery).
gotta go with Montreal in 6 and Chicago in 7.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2014, 07:54:04 AM »

I think all possible Stanley Cup finals possibilities would be epic:

NY vs LA: America's 2 largest cities
NY vs Chicago: Original 6 battle
Mtl vs LA: Rematch of 1993
Mtl vs Chicago: Another original 6 battle

I must say, I'm pleased as punch with the Ducks being eliminated. Suddenly Montreal winning the Stanley Cup doesn't seem that absurd.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »

well then
first round i went 7 out of 8, this round not so good (stupid Fluery).
I'm no fan of Flower's inconsistancy, especially during playoffs, but he wasn't the real problem in the rangers series. When your offense gives you a goal a game in three straight, even the best goalie can't save you.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »

Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Well, GM Shero's out. Too bad. He was instrumental in building the team that won the 09 Cup.

I'll say it: Dumping Bylsma is damned short-sighted. Winning the Metro Division and having the 4th best regular season record in the league isnt a given even with the Pens talent when the team loses over 500 man games to injury. It smells more like a grass is always greener mentality.

But was terrible at picking good players at the draft and did that terrible Jordan Staal trade.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2014, 03:42:02 PM »

Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

But was terrible at picking good players at the draft and did that terrible Jordan Staal trade.

Yeah, the Staal trade wasn't good, but wasn't that as much a salary cap issue as anything?

It would've been tough to keep any player that good as a third or fourth line player indefinitely.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »

Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

Yeah, the Staal trade wasn't good, but wasn't that as much a salary cap issue as anything?

It would've been tough to keep any player that good as a third or fourth line player indefinitely.

I forgot the salary cap issues.

Still, as with every team, the fact than they didn't reched the finals in 5 years (2 defeats in 2nd round, 2 defeats in 1st round) meant than at least one head had to roll.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2014, 11:39:16 PM »

Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

I forgot the salary cap issues.

Still, as with every team, the fact than they didn't reched the finals in 5 years (2 defeats in 2nd round, 2 defeats in 1st round) meant than at least one head had to roll.

Yeah, but there's a difference between heads rolling a scapegoats.

But for two shutouts in the series and--most importantly, lack of an alternative--i'd suggest Fleury.

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »

Carey Price is injured, so tonight, Montreal will be starting:

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »

You guys want Fluery?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »

Why? Dear God, why?

He's a horrible coach.

I thought it was that they wanted to get something from it because they offered Staal a nice fat contract and he turned it down because he wanted to go and play with his brother. So Shero made the trade rather than just keep him an extra year and have him leave for Free Agency and the Pens get nothing from it.

I understand why Shero did it, I just didn't agre with it at the time.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2014, 05:18:25 PM »

You guys want Fluery?

Until we get a firm better alternative, we're stuck w/ Fleury. Even when healthy Voukun isn't his equal. Better a slightly better-than average goalie than one average or worse.

What we really need is a Sergei Bobrovsky trade: Get some second-stringer palooka in a minor trade who suddenly turns into a Veinza Trophy winner out of nowhere.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »

You guys want Fluery?

I may be cheering for the Habs in the playoffs, but this question implies that I am a Habs fan first an foremost ("you guys"), which I am not. Though, as a French Canadian, Fleury would make a good fit on the Canadiens.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2014, 12:34:39 PM »

EVERYTHING.  IS.  HAPPENING!!!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2014, 11:19:22 PM »

You guys want Fluery?

Not really, but he would fare better than Budaj or whoever was on the ice on Tuesday (the 3rd goalkeeper, Tomorski or Todorski or something like that).
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2014, 10:19:07 PM »

yessss
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2014, 10:13:45 PM »

Dammit Kings win Sad
Go Rangers i guess.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2014, 10:28:17 PM »

Dammit Kings win Sad
Go Rangers i guess.

I hear you. At least I got my pic with the cup last year.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2014, 10:31:03 PM »

NY vs LA, very cool. Wish it was Montreal vs LA (re match of 1993).
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2014, 11:02:19 PM »

God fucking dammit, now I know how Canadians feel when they lose to some Sun Belt team with  10 fans. Cry
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2014, 11:02:25 PM »

Speed kills.  Rangers in 5.  
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2014, 11:19:37 PM »

Terrible end to a terrific series. Rangers should win easily.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2014, 09:59:26 AM by DemPGH »

I'm not buying the "West is best" line, but I don't think it will be cake for the Rangers either. I'll take the Rangers in six or seven - will depend upon Lundqvist, I think. I'm also rooting for them.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:44 AM »

Rangers in 6.  I hate the f[inks]ing Kings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies