Ontario 2014 (June 12th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:16:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ontario 2014 (June 12th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40
Author Topic: Ontario 2014 (June 12th)  (Read 70802 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: June 12, 2014, 09:44:32 PM »

93% of ridings called correctly. I will now accept my accolades.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #726 on: June 12, 2014, 09:45:49 PM »

Pretty good for the NDP, but they really need to remember that it is possible to appeal to both Windsor and inner Toronto: the results there are a disaster.

Indeed. Their populism seems to be a direct trade. Southwestern ON for downtown TO.

And Oshawa. The PC incumbent lost 47-31 against NDP, which is very shocking (I ws of the opinion than Oshawa was lost forever for NDP).
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #727 on: June 12, 2014, 09:47:56 PM »

Pretty good for the NDP, but they really need to remember that it is possible to appeal to both Windsor and inner Toronto: the results there are a disaster.

Indeed. Their populism seems to be a direct trade. Southwestern ON for downtown TO.

And Oshawa. The PC incumbent lost 47-31 against NDP, which is very shocking (I ws of the opinion than Oshawa was lost forever for NDP).

Sid Ryan's been a pretty disastrous candidate, imo.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #728 on: June 12, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »

... and Hudak is out. Good riddance to trash.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #729 on: June 12, 2014, 09:48:49 PM »

Me too. And it took the NDP forever to find a candidate there too!

It might well turnout to be a good policy decision for the NDP. There are a lot of promising results for the party. Just look at all the close 2nd place finishes.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #730 on: June 12, 2014, 09:48:58 PM »

Hudak announces a leadership race, but stay as a MPP.

Liberals are leading by 46 votes in Thornhill, with 7 boxes left. If PC loses there, Whitby-Oshawa is the only PC seat left in the Toronto suburbs. The next riding is Wellington-Halton Hills, but, at this point, it's not really suburbs anymore.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #731 on: June 12, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »

Liberals are leading by 46 votes in Thornhill, with 7 boxes left. If PC loses there, Whitby-Oshawa is the only PC seat left in the Toronto suburbs. The next riding is Wellington-Halton Hills, but, at this point, it's not really suburbs anymore.

Halton Hills, which is the majority of the riding is suburban.

Christine Elliott probably won due to sympathy vote.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #732 on: June 12, 2014, 09:53:35 PM »

Me too. And it took the NDP forever to find a candidate there too!

It might well turnout to be a good policy decision for the NDP. There are a lot of promising results for the party. Just look at all the close 2nd place finishes.

New doors have been opened but if we keep hemorrhaging in Toronto, then there's no path to victory.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #733 on: June 12, 2014, 09:55:09 PM »

She won in '07, which was presumably worse for the Tories than tonight.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #734 on: June 12, 2014, 09:55:41 PM »

Also, lesson for the Tories: announce major cuts after the election. More seriously, I don't know why people still announce big policy initiatives during campaigns. I mean it worked so well for John Tory & Stephane Dion Roll Eyes

Well, in Ontario, it's easy to attack Tories. You remind voters of Mike Harris. Same thing for NDP and Bob Rae (and other parties tried to that to Liberals with Dalton McGuinty, but it apparently didn't worked).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #735 on: June 12, 2014, 09:56:49 PM »

In Toronto suburbs, this election is worse than 2007. It's the worse election since 1990, seats held since 1995/1999 were lost.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #736 on: June 12, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »

NDP back ahead in Beaches.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #737 on: June 12, 2014, 09:59:47 PM »

Earl, man, go for a walk, spend time with your daughter, watch an episode of Orphan Black, anything, the results will be tight until the end. You're not getting any younger. Think of your blood pressure! Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #738 on: June 12, 2014, 10:00:06 PM »

lol

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #739 on: June 12, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »

Where's RB? He's usually all over these threads on election night.

In Toronto suburbs, this election is worse than 2007. It's the worse electio since 1990, seats held since 1995 were lost.

Ok fair enough
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #740 on: June 12, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »

Sid Ryan's been a pretty disastrous candidate, imo.

Why did the NDP let him run four times?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #741 on: June 12, 2014, 10:02:34 PM »

Earl, man, go for a walk, spend time with your daughter, watch an episode of Orphan Black, anything, the results will be tight until the end. You're not getting any younger. Think of your blood pressure! Smiley

Hey, this is it for me Wink

I can't believe how anti-NDP the CBC is. This is their best showing since 1990, but they're basically openly calling on her to resign.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: June 12, 2014, 10:08:10 PM »

I can't believe how anti-NDP the CBC is. This is their best showing since 1990, but they're basically openly calling on her to resign.

Yup. Next election, they need to focus on Thunder Bay and Toronto. There might be Liberal fatigue by then, but even so, Wynne really caters to Toronto and GTA voters, so who knows.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #743 on: June 12, 2014, 10:08:45 PM »

Radio-Canada is calling PC far right.

Durham is a Liberal gain over PC.

Radio-Canada reports than Peter Shuler, the former MPP for Thornhill said on radio he is not closing the door on leadership. Radio-Canada also reports than the MPP for Kitchener-Conestoga, Mike Harris (not that Mike Harris) is seen as a leadership hopeful.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #744 on: June 12, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »

Yup. Next election, they need to focus on Thunder Bay and Toronto. There might be Liberal fatigue by then, but even so, Wynne really caters to Toronto and GTA voters, so who knows.

As long Mauro and Gravelle are there, I'm not sure it's worth the bother.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #745 on: June 12, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »

lol fedora dude at the NDP place:
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #746 on: June 12, 2014, 10:12:32 PM »

I hate the CBC...
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #747 on: June 12, 2014, 10:13:36 PM »

Radio-Canada is calling PC far right.

The CBC are such Liberal hacks

Mike Harris (not that Mike Harris) is seen as a leadership hopeful.

Nothing against the guy, but surely the PC party knows it wouldn't be a good idea to nominate someone with that name.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #748 on: June 12, 2014, 10:14:41 PM »

Well, I'm not impressed with a majority, but I'll take it over Hudak's stupid conservatism. Plus, Mississauga gets LRT. That's a plus.

Still, the political action starts now. Letters to the editor, petitions... whatever I can do to stop this bogus pension plan.

And Hatman, I split my time between Kingston and Mississauga. I decided to vote in Mississauga South because I still consider it "home," as cheesy as that sounds.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #749 on: June 12, 2014, 10:17:49 PM »

One of the Liberal gains over PC, Burlington, was PC-held since 1943.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies