Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:45:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71510 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 09, 2014, 07:29:55 AM »

We reject any cease fire notion unless agreed upon by all fighting allies.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #401 on: May 09, 2014, 07:41:17 AM »

X Tsar Nicholas II

We hope the other five powers shall see fit to end this war quickly and fairly as Japan and Russia have, especially as the Russo-Japanese conflict started this whole war.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #402 on: May 09, 2014, 07:42:36 AM »

When Japan was in need, we all choose to firmly stand with her, even when it was against our own interests. Therefore Japan making a separate agreement is not only disturbing, but also very inconsiderate toward us all.

We will never turn our backs on our friends.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #403 on: May 09, 2014, 07:43:13 AM »

When Japan was in need, we all choose to firmly stand with her, even when it was against our own interests. Therefore Japan making a separate agreement is not only disturbing, but also very inconsiderate toward us all.

We will never turn our backs on our friends.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #404 on: May 09, 2014, 08:32:38 AM »

What is truly inconsiderate is needlessly prolonging a war. The Russians are - or at least were - willing to negotiate in good faith, but you have rejected a ceasefire in the hopes of seizing ridiculous territorial concessions from the Russians. We remember better than others why this war began, and we have extracted sufficient concessions to repay us for that. This war now only persists because your nations lust for marching your armies into Kiev and Tallinn - war aims that would mean this war would go on for many more years. More loss of life is what is inconsiderate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #405 on: May 09, 2014, 08:42:02 AM »

Making separate agreements behind the back of one's allies (who joined the war because of their friendship toward Japan) is inconsiderate and ungentlemany. That is not how alliances works. This is not how friendship works.

I wish to remind that Russia is responsible for a number of atrocities, such as poisoning HM Kaiser Wilhelm III, Krupp Factory bombing, aiding terrorist militants worldwide, just to name a few examples here. Japan seems to ignore there is much more at stake there than territorial issues.

The Ottoman Empire will continue to conduct the war along with our friends even without Japan and we ask all nations to take note of Tokyo's unfriendly act toward us all.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #406 on: May 09, 2014, 09:07:05 AM »

Yes - you joined the war because of your friendship toward my nation. For that, I thank you. But as the nation who began the Allied effort, we then pressed for a peace conference - we achieved our war aims. You and others expressed a desire to continue fighting, but that fighting is for your own territorial aims, not avenging justice. We know well the atrocities Russia has been accused of, and that is an issue that can be settled in a peace conference - as it relates to us, it is an issue we have settled in a peace conference. Yet you continue your war - why, exactly?

As the Emperor of Japan, my loyalty to my people is paramount to all other loyalties. There was an opportunity for a just peace that achieved our war aims. The Russians are willing to give up lands and gold to end the war. I will not sacrifice more of my people's lives so that other nations can pursue their ill-fated quests of conquest.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #407 on: May 09, 2014, 09:13:59 AM »

Yes - you joined the war because of your friendship toward my nation. For that, I thank you. But as the nation who began the Allied effort, we then pressed for a peace conference - we achieved our war aims. You and others expressed a desire to continue fighting, but that fighting is for your own territorial aims, not avenging justice. We know well the atrocities Russia has been accused of, and that is an issue that can be settled in a peace conference - as it relates to us, it is an issue we have settled in a peace conference. Yet you continue your war - why, exactly?

As the Emperor of Japan, my loyalty to my people is paramount to all other loyalties. There was an opportunity for a just peace that achieved our war aims. The Russians are willing to give up lands and gold to end the war. I will not sacrifice more of my people's lives so that other nations can pursue their ill-fated quests of conquest.

We're not looking for conquest. Our moderate demands are about securing our nation against yet another Russian agression and my people would never accept us giving that up.

The Ottoman soldiers are fighting and dying for our security and those of our friends, including Japan. Therefore we have a right to be dissapointed, to put it very mildly.

And making a cease fire without even consulting other allies properly is an insult toward all who died for the alliance, which included Japan.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #408 on: May 09, 2014, 09:18:43 AM »

Now that Japan has made peace- I redirect my Pacific Fleet to return to defending American interests rather than offensive moves and order the Asiatic Task Force to do the same

However- I will be only increasing my naval efforts in Europe, particularly supporting our Ottoman and British friends in the Black Sea and our German friends in the Baltics
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #409 on: May 09, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »

Austria-Hungary hereby claims Ukraine as an autonomous kingdom within our Empire.  We refuse any peace negotiations that will not allow us and Germany to keep control over our respective territories won in the war, as well as our spheres of influence in Eastern Europe.

His Imperial Majesty Kaiser Franz Ferdinand I
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #410 on: May 09, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2014, 09:44:58 AM by Abdul the Reformer »

Our terms are well known to St. Petersburg and we stick by them. We also endorse Austrian, British and German terms.

Let is be known that despite Japanese turncoating, Allied determination remains unchanged.

For Russia the choice is clear: agreeing to our terms or collapse.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »

It is important to remember that the central conflict was between Russia and Japan, not between Russia and Germany or Austria or Turkey. As we have made peace with Japan, we feel it is only logical to make peace with your countries--a peace that does not utterly undermine Russia as in the proposed map, especially since we had no aggressive intentions in the first place against Germany or Austria, and we again vociferously deny any involvement in the Krupp bombings or having poisoned the German Emperor.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #412 on: May 09, 2014, 11:17:56 AM »

We're not looking for conquest. Our moderate demands are about securing our nation against yet another Russian agression and my people would never accept us giving that up.

What of your allies? You and I both know that Allied demands have gone well beyond national security. How is German security guaranteed by taking over Estonia? How is your own security guaranteed by taking over vast swathes of Russia, including parts that have not been ruled by others in centuries?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #413 on: May 09, 2014, 11:21:49 AM »

In a copy of the map the Allies are throwing around, the Germans' demands would strip Russia to the bone and ensure Berlin's total domination of Europe. Russian Poland is one matter; to demand we cede everything west of Smolensk and completely abandon the Black Sea is another. We encourage the rational members of the Alliance to oppose the most radical expansionist proposals. Clearly we were right about the Ankara declaration--preventing Russia from waging "aggressive war" always meant carving Russia up like a turkey.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #414 on: May 09, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »

We're not looking for conquest. Our moderate demands are about securing our nation against yet another Russian aggression and my people would never accept us giving that up.

What of your allies? You and I both know that Allied demands have gone well beyond national security. How is German security guaranteed by taking over Estonia? How is your own security guaranteed by taking over vast swathes of Russia, including parts that have not been ruled by others in centuries?

We would like to remind Japan has made a very harsh term during the Rome Conference, which pretty much helped ending any hope for peace back then. Your current talk about our "excessive demands" and your desire for peace is a bare hypocrisy. First you brought us into the war and now accuse us of warmongering? After we bleed ourselves for you? Insulting beyond any scale.

And since Japan cannot even acknowledge that making a deal beyond her allies' back was inexcusable by diplomatic standards, we cannot regard Tokyo as a sincere friend anymore.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #415 on: May 09, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »

OOC: I corrected a few small mistakes in my map and I introduced the changes established by the treaty between Japan and Russia. Also, in order to go to phase 4 of the war I still need Germany and Austria. Oh, SJoyce, you need to address the problem with Korea in order to appease them in you want the war to be truly over, they are really offended by your attack.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #416 on: May 09, 2014, 01:53:49 PM »

We will offer recompense for any property damaged damaged and to the widows made by the incident.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Rome Conference was two parties, neither of whom were willing to negotiate. This situation is different - one side is willing to negotiate in good faith and make significant concessions, and the other is refusing to do so in the pursuit of liberating massive amounts of Russian land. We did call on your support in this war, that is true. Yet you now do not stand merely in support of a then-ally - you stand in the hopes of conquering the Crimea and removing the Russian presence in the Black. The Sea of Japan incident is now resolved. Why do you continue your war?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #417 on: May 09, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »

The Sea of Japan incident is now resolved. Why do you continue your war?

Does Japan believe that Britain, America, Germany, Austria and Turkey are her servants? When you say "fight" we fight and when you say "stop" we must obey?

Again, we stood with Japan when she needed us and now when we need Japan, she's turning her back on us.

We are not your servants. We were your allies and you has showed that we cannot trust you to honor even most basic diplomatic rules, such as notyfying us before making a separate agreement.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #418 on: May 09, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »

Regretfully, we have no choice but to suspend all diplomatic, economic and military relations with the Empire of Japan, effective immediatelly.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #419 on: May 09, 2014, 02:12:44 PM »

Does Japan believe that Britain, America, Germany, Austria and Turkey are her servants? When you say "fight" we fight and when you say "stop" we must obey?

I believe you are allies who entered a war in support of Japan because our nation's vessels had been attacked by Russia. That conflict and issue is now resolved. What casus belli do you have now?

Again, we stood with Japan when she needed us and now when we need Japan, she's turning her back on us.

Need us for what? Why do you attack Russia? We have resolved the war, forced the Russians to the negotiating table, and they are now willing to make significant concessions. What reason do you have to continue to fight?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #420 on: May 09, 2014, 02:24:17 PM »

I am conflicted on this issue...

On one hand- Japan's separate peace is very upsetting to me, considering we entered the war to defend them. The Emperor ought to have waited until we agreed on the terms- or at least informed us beforehand. On the other hand... his concerns are genuine. If Russia is committed to taking concrete steps to prevent future wars, I am willing to agree to a ceasefire while those terms are being negotiated.

Do not mistake me- I will not sign any peace agreement which leaves my allies vulnerable. However- if Russia is willing to come to the table and has expressed recognition that it must face consequences, I will agree to a ceasefire
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #421 on: May 09, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »

While Japan probably should have let everyone know what was going on, France is only desirous of peace. Russia has been willing to make concessions and considering that the Russo-Japanese Conflict is at an end, we hope this means that all nations will now be able to sit together at the bargaining table. If Japan felt right to end the war, France supports that decision with hope that we can have peace soon.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #422 on: May 09, 2014, 03:08:59 PM »

The Alliance continues to speak in codes. "Concrete steps to prevent future aggression" and "saving the Tsar from militarists in his government" both mean stripping our empire to the bone. Every Russian should resist, in any way they can, efforts to destroy and exploit our lands. To the minorities in European Russia--The Germans are conquerors, not liberators. Germany openly demanded in communications that Poland be made a German province, and Ukraine an Austrian province. In addition, treason to Russia will be punished harshly and swiftly.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #423 on: May 09, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »

Austria-Hungary hereby claims Ukraine as an autonomous kingdom within our Empire.  We refuse any peace negotiations that will not allow us and Germany to keep control over our respective territories won in the war, as well as our spheres of influence in Eastern Europe.

His Imperial Majesty Kaiser Franz Ferdinand I

I greet this news with great trepidation. The balance of power on the continent should not simply belong to Germany and Austria and it was our understanding that Poland especially would be an independent nation. I urge Germany and Austria not to upset the delicate balance on the continent by annexing so much of Eastern Europe.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #424 on: May 09, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »

The United Kingdom hereby declares an end to hostilities with Russia, will release their assets, and will have it's men relocated to fight the rebels in Afghanistan and bring back civil order there. The War has ended with the following terms having been negotiated between us.

We look forward to our future.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies