Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:31:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 38
Author Topic: Balance of Power (Gameplay Thread) - Epilogue and Game Over  (Read 71691 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: April 26, 2014, 06:31:57 PM »

Italy reaffirms its neutrality.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2014, 06:44:05 PM »

To the Afghani Rebels:

We understand you may have frustration with us, but we remind you how the British Empire has successfully crushed our competition in the past. We defeated Napoleon, we won the Boer War, we took India.
     We are willing to offer you full independence should you take up arms against the Russians alongside us, not against us. Otherwise we will be forced to have an extended war in your homeland, something neither of us want. Russia cannot win this war, join us and be saved.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »

To: Kingdom of Afghanistan

Britannia is weaker than she looks. Remember that a group of ragtag rebels freed themselves from her grip a century ago, that it took decades to subdue the Boers and Zulu, and only a few months of rebellion from British occupation has seen success in drawing Britain into a quagmire. Keep fighting and we will continue to supply you to secure your independence.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #303 on: April 26, 2014, 07:41:51 PM »

Propaganda
In the Philippines: portray the current rebels as false rebels; hold up Aguinaldo and Malvar as true Filipinos and attack the continuing resistance as tools of European imperialists (the Russians).

We shall allow the election to play out as it may; we are certain that all those involved will continue to fight for Japanese sovereignty and independence against the Russian bear (though we would not be surprised if Katsura, as a wartime leader, were to remain in power).

We welcome the Jewish people to Japan; they have validified their status as true citizens through their fervent support of the nation against the one to whom many of them once lived in, which stands as further confirmation of Russian brutality.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2014, 07:42:40 PM »

The Russian Empire has, as of late, acted aggressively to our allies, leaving them, and us, weak and vulnerable in the world.  They are a serious threat, and should be treated as such.

The Austro-Hungarian Empire hereby declares war on Russia

X Kaiser Franz Ferdinand I
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #305 on: April 27, 2014, 01:57:41 AM »

We welcome the Austro-Hungarian entry in the war with Russia. Our allies and brothers will fight alongside us against the Russian aggressors.

We also endorse the United States buy proposal for Greenland.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #306 on: April 27, 2014, 04:51:46 AM »

The Ottoman Empire welcome Austria-Hungary's entrance to the war with our mutual Russian enemy.

Surely Russia realizes she simply cannot win with six powers combined. The reasonable thing is cutting loses.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2014, 09:06:53 PM »

I hope that our firm reaction to the Russian threat will finally convince Venezuela that the patience of the united nations cannot be tested indefinitely.

President Castro, please do yourself and your country a favor.

I order the second regiment of troops, awaiting in Beirut, be dispatched to the Carribean (Italy: since we're on the same side on Venezuela and you're not warring with Russia, could we have a hand in transporting the regiment to Cuba? We're low on our own available transport.)

(US: These two regiments and our Navy Task Force is all we can committ now there.)

Italy, are you there?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #308 on: April 27, 2014, 09:15:46 PM »

I hope that our firm reaction to the Russian threat will finally convince Venezuela that the patience of the united nations cannot be tested indefinitely.

I order the second regiment of troops, awaiting in Beirut, be dispatched to the Carribean (Italy: since we're on the same side on Venezuela and you're not warring with Russia, could we have a hand in transporting the regiment to Cuba? We're low on our own available transport.)

(US: These two regiments and our Navy Task Force is all we can committ now there.)

Italy, are you there?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #309 on: April 27, 2014, 09:38:53 PM »

Italy, are you there?

Will do.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #310 on: April 27, 2014, 11:23:17 PM »

Italy, are you there?

Will do.

Expect a pretty Harem girl as a prove of our gratitude.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2014, 03:02:56 AM »

(OOC: Not posting any new orders, just killing some time, while we all await Lumine's second coming)

Abdul Hamid II's Doctrine. Part I

Balanced Progress

There are many calling for an adoption of the "Army-first policy". We do recognize an importance of having a strong, modern and professional army. The first Russian aggression (Yeah, there were French and British too, but we're cool now so I'm nice) proved that without defense capabilities we are just one step away from the doom.

But we cannot be afford a modern, strong military without having a modern and strong economy. That's why we're embarking on a program of bringing modern technologies and improving our transportation and industrial capabilities. Improving the army and improving the economy must balance each other, at they are mutually dependent.

Foreign Relations

The Ottoman Empire believes war should be an ultimate resort, used only if our security is directly threathenen or when we have to honor obligations toward our allies (with current Great Russian War meeting both conditions).

We renounce the policy of first strike, convinced that every possible conflict must be dealt with serious diplomatic efforts first.

We are committed to transform ourselves from an archaic, isolated Empire into a modern power within the community of nations (and myself from an medieval satrape into a modern dictator).

Last years showed us Lumine's evil scheming how quickly geopolitical match up can change. Yet, we are recognizing our mutually beneficial alliance with the United States, as well as regional cooperation with the British Empire, to be an enduring cornerstone of our policy. (I haven't included Germany yet, since our alliance just happened).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »

Japanese General Election, 1903:

Overview:

Held right in the middle of the Great Russian War and the massive Japanese victories in the Sea of Okhotsk and Port Arthur, the General Election was held without a clear idea of the final result. In normal circumstances Prime Minister Katsura would have sailed to victory, but he had no party and had to rely on support from small parties and independent candidates. Alas, Katsura managed to get the Imperial Japan (Teikokuto) on board, and fought the election as hard as he could. Of course, the lower chamber was weak when compared to the House of Peers (which had most of the power), but when facing a divided enemy in regards to Saionji and Okuma, Katsura managed to establish a powerbase to fight the Seiyukai Party, almost taking control of the Lower House with the help of the nationalists (thus reducing Saionji's power and influence, triggering another fight between the Genro).

Final Results:

Katsura's Coalition:: 156
-Chusei Club: 38
-Seiyu Club: 19
-Teikokuto: 53
-Katsura Independents: 46

Seiyukai: 141

Kensei Honto: 72

Free Independents: 17
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2014, 07:17:26 PM »

End of Early 1903:

Yet another eventful six months, and this time we have war! Europeans react in shock as the careful balance set up by Bismarck continues to crumble, and Russia seems to be the next target to beat for the world powers, who have amazingly joined forced to beat Nicholas II. Russia will fight, but without France (who stayed neutral) and China (who felt betrayed by Nicholas in the whole British scandal), more than a few people expect the Crimean War 2.0. There are also new players in the stage, with the entrance of Prime Minister Arthur Balfour (who had quite an efficient start in office, and Kaiser Franz Ferdinand I (who had a rather dissapointing start). William Jennigs Bryan is back as well, attacking McKinley in full strenght, opening speculation for "Bryan in 04" (and pushing Randolph Hearst aside thanks to his imperialistic views). The crisis in Venezuela continues, but it looks like President Castro will send a formal proposal to the world powers very soon in order to solve the incident.

Alliances, Wars and Popularity:

-Ongoing Wars:

-Venezuelan War.
  -Negotiations to end the blockade.
-Great Russian War.
  -The "Allies" dominate the seas, Russia helds a slight advantage in land.

-Popularity Ratings:
(Updated)

-Tsar Nicholas II: High.
-President William McKinley: High.
-Kaiser Wilhelm III: Medium.
-Kaiser Franz Ferdinand I: Medium.
-Prime Minister Waldeck-Rousseau: Medium.
-Prime Minister Balfour: High.
-Emperor Mutsuhito: Very High.
-Sultan Abdul Hamid II: Medium.
-King Vittorio Emmanuele III: High.

Current Alliances:

Three Power Alliance (USA, UK and Japan)
Quadruple Alliance (Germany, Italy, Austria-Hungary and Japan)
Franco-Russian Alliance (France and Russia)
Franco-American Alliance (France and USA)
Franco-British Alliance (France and the UK)
Turkish-American Alliance (Ottoman Empire and USA)
Turkish-German Alliance (Turkey and the German Empire)
Orthodox League (Russia, Serbia, Montenegro and Romania)
Adriatic League (Greece and Italy)

The Map:

Map Changes:

-Map changes related to the war won't be shown until the war it's over, or I'll be drawing unil midnight.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2014, 07:18:28 PM »

Next turn to come in (hopefully) a few hours, I still have to go through the sixty PM's and the four to five pages of posts to maintain coherence. A few suggestions will be posted in the sign-up thread.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2014, 08:55:44 PM »

OOC: What happened with China? I was confused for about 10 minutes between when I found out about the scandal and when I declared war on Britain, and the cutting of military ties with China lasted about that long. I mean, I'm alone in this, so cut me a break. Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2014, 09:01:40 PM »

OOC: What happened with China? I was confused for about 10 minutes between when I found out about the scandal and when I declared war on Britain, and the cutting of military ties with China lasted about that long. I mean, I'm alone in this, so cut me a break. Tongue

The China issue will face resolution via event next turn.

Suffice to say, Cixi was not happy with you preliminary cancelling the weapons trade (it should be remembered that the concept of "saving face" has always been important to the Chinese), Prime Minister Balfour made a very generous offer, and General Yuan Shi-Kai (ever the opportunistic magnificent bastard) did the rest. You do have the full backing of the Orthodox Alliance, the Armenians, Kurds and Afghans on your side, though, as all of them have declared war on your enemies.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2014, 05:04:08 AM »

Suffice to say, Cixi was not happy with you preliminary cancelling the weapons trade (it should be remembered that the concept of "saving face" has always been important to the Chinese), Prime Minister Balfour made a very generous offer, and General Yuan Shi-Kai (ever the opportunistic magnificent bastard) did the rest. You do have the full backing of the Orthodox Alliance, the Armenians, Kurds and Afghans on your side, though, as all of them have declared war on your enemies.

Does that mean Russia was behind troubles in my Kurdistan?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2014, 09:08:07 AM »

Does that mean Russia was behind troubles in my Kurdistan?

I wasn't, but I guess I am now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2014, 09:39:19 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2014, 12:47:36 PM by Abdul the Reformer »

ANKARA DECLARATION

Our goal is not to destroy Russia, but to destroy St. Petersburg's capabilities to wage any aggressive actions, open and covert alike, against countres of the world.

Russia is not only an open military aggressor, Russia is also a state supporting international terrorism. Aiding the Filipino militants and bombing the Krupp factory are just few examples of their treachery.

We had enough of the Russian double-faced eagle's lies and scheming. We reject any notion of separate peace or any agreement based upon a rotten status quo, as we all saw what is Russian word worth of.

We are firmly resolved to continue the war, along with our allies, until the Tsar accepts full responsibility and will guarantee, by clear actions, not just empty words, his country will cease to be an aggressor and terrorist supporter.

x Abdul Hamid II

We invite our allies to endorse this declaration.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2014, 10:50:03 AM »

OOC: You guys really like to jump into conclusions when given half-truths, it's pretty amazing, xD

But no, I only stated the Kurdish have sided with Nicholas II, and that's since they already hate Abdul Hamid II, no matter how benevolent he is now. I can categorically state that the Russians are not behind the Kurdish attacks in any way.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2014, 12:50:18 PM »

OOC: You guys really like to jump into conclusions when given half-truths, it's pretty amazing, xD

It's called politics xD

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, I didn't really suspect him, but, as you mention, it's cool to jump into conclusions  sometimes Wink

Well, Russia is still a terrorist state, so the declaration, little amended, is still valid and we invite our friend to endorse.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »

ANKARA DECLARATION

Our goal is not to destroy Russia, but to destroy St. Petersburg's capabilities to wage any aggressive actions, open and covert alike, against countres of the world.

Russia is not only an open military aggressor, Russia is also a state supporting international terrorism. Aiding the Filipino militants and bombing the Krupp factory are just few examples of their treachery.

We had enough of the Russian double-faced eagle's lies and scheming. We reject any notion of separate peace or any agreement based upon a rotten status quo, as we all saw what is Russian word worth of.

We are firmly resolved to continue the war, along with our allies, until the Tsar accepts full responsibility and will guarantee, by clear actions, not just empty words, his country will cease to be an aggressor and terrorist supporter.

x Abdul Hamid II

We invite our allies to endorse this declaration.

X-Prime Minister Balfour
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »

Turn Six - Late 1903: (Part I)

-Russia:

As the war goes on, the Russian people are still happy with your performance, even if they would prefer to see you in the front lines. Minorities inside the Empire are beginning to revolt, but so far Okhrana is able to deal with them, revolutionaries and revels developing sudden cases of bullet through the head. If you could force the standoff in Eastern Europe in your favor, your position would be greatly strengthened.

The Tsarina is pregnant! The court of St. Petersburg is filled with joy as the doctors announce that Alexandra will give birth before this turn ends. Everybody is awaiting for the upcoming child, as after having four daughters it is hoped that the next one will be a boy, the Tsarevich, legitimate heir to you. Congratulations!

The rivalry between Makarov and Rozhestvensky has finally reached the boiling point, as both men can’t stand each other anymore. Rozhestvensky is now a popular hero after his decisive victory in the Baltic, and he argues that Makarov’s reforms are useless, and that he is the man who can whip the remnants of the Russian Fleet into shape. Makarov (who has recently discovered that his rival sleeps with his wife) argues that his reforms are what saved the day in the Baltic, and that he is not responsible for Stark and Vitgeft’s mistakes in the East. Only one of them can lead the navy.

Despite the loss of China, the rest of your allies stand behind you, and all of them have asked for weapons and supplies to fight the enemy. Furthermore, Serbian King Alexander has asked for your permission to stage an all-out attack against the Austrians to knock them out of the war.

-United Kingdom:

Despite your moderate policy towards the Middle East, chaos is only increasing more and more. Palestinians have made it clear that partition is not an option, and while they have refrained from further attacks on the British soldiers, Jews are still getting murdered each day, making the Middle East even more unstable and alienating potential allies across the zone, with even the House of Saud having private doubts now. 

Mediation with the Sokoto Caliphate seems to be going on rather nicely, despite Lugard and Rhodes’s protests. Attahiru has accepted a truce, and he seems willing to allow the railroad in exchange for a favorable trade deal, help with modernization, and that your government respects the full independence of the Caliphate.

Joseph Chamberlain is growing more and more unstable as time goes on, feeling sidelined from the government and ignored as Secretary of Colonies. Chamberlain has been seen more and more in company of Liberals (young MP’s like Churchill), and he seems to be preparing a major political offensive to establish a system of tariffs across the empire, something that bitterly divides your party.

-France:

“If Russia goes down, we’re next.” While it is evident that an increasing number of Frenchmen do not desire war, there are many in French society who do. Many of your conservative allies and the nationalists are calling for France to stand with their ally and defeat the Germans, once and for all. Either way, the status quo is seen as untenable, with opinions oscillating between a friendship treaty with Germany or all-out war. As much as the United States and the British Empire seem like likely allies, Anglophobia is still strong, and there are fears of a potentially isolationist government in the United States.

The troop surge in Libya seems to have worked, as the Senoussi rebels were repulsed (not with heavy losses) from the coastal cities. However, they do control the entire Libyan desert, and some military commanders believe that it might be a good idea to send the French Foreign Legion as an expeditionary force.

Now that France is apparently free to expand without fighting a major power, your Ministers have developed an interesting idea. Morocco is currently ruled by Sultan Abdelaziz of the Alaouite dynasty, a man who strives to modernize his country while at the same time having to deal with a weak government who is unable to control his lands. Perhaps there is chance here?

The French economy seems to be facing a slight decline thanks to a lack of attention to it from the government, it is advised to keep a close eye on this issue.

-Germany:

Greetings, Chancellor Von Bülow. You are currently in control of Germany as long as Kaiser Wilhelm has to recover from a sudden illness. These are the main concerns of your Cabinet and the Reichstag:

Your adjutant, Captain Von Papen, has taken quite a role behind the scenes, coordinating some intelligence sections in order to help with the war effort. Von Papen believes his spy ring can help the Kaiserliche Marine to defeat the Russian Baltic Fleet, and he is openly interested in the prosecution of that front.

With the war underway, volunteers from nations oppressed by Russia are trying to join the ranks of the German Army. Some generals believe it might not be a good idea given the expense in military resources, but the younger Moltke believes that this so called “Legions” could do a lot for the Empire.

Despite you advise on the contrary, the Kaiser remains unmarried, something that should be corrected as soon as possible. While there are rumors that the Kaiser might be considering an Ottoman princess, some recommend searching for a bride in Spain, England or Austria.

-Ottoman Empire:

Somehow, your extremely competent leadership has brought a revival of the bloated government, leading many courtiers and foreign diplomats to think that, perhaps, the Ottoman Empire will be able to stage a comeback and stop being the sick man of Europe. The Anatolian roads, the Baghdad Railway, the administrative reform, the so-called “Abdul Doctrine”, all of them projects that have a lot of future, provided that you can find enough sources of revenue to keep paying for them. Congratulations, Sultan! You might be the cure to the sick man of Europe!

The Senate has started meeting in Ankara with a limited role, but so far they are making progress in some pieces of legislation. Conservatives wish to see the Senate as the body that will protect the interests of the old ways, and Liberals, of course, wish to see the Senate as the body that will draft a new Constitution. So far you have relied on yourself and the Secret Police to rule, but this might be the time to finally choose a side and create a lasting faction to serve your interests.

The Army has been strengthened by an improved logistical situation and thanks to conscription, but they warn that there are still problems with discipline and a lack of modern weapons. All in all, they believe the Ottoman Empire should try to fight a defensive war to avoid major surprises, a view opposed by the few remaining Ottoman Admirals (who are emboldened by the performance in Venezuela), who argue that this is the time to strike.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2014, 07:33:42 PM »

Turn Six – Late 1903: (Part II)

-Japan:

While the mixture of Jewish immigrants and the economic reforms concerning the Zaibatsu have improved the Japanese economy by a great margin, the fact remains that Japan doesn’t have the industrial strength to remain at war for a very long period. Limited operations are more than encouraged in regards to the war, but going all-out is bound to hurt your economy. Choose wisely.

In regards to your colonial empire, Governor-General Matsukata reports that the Filipino insurgency seems to be dying down thanks to the lack of Russian weapons (as they are confiscated before reaching the island). On the other hand, Governor-General Kodama reports that Russian spies have started to undermine the progress done so far in Formosa, pushing extremist groups to confront the Japanese garrison. It’s nothing big so far, but if the people start to sense weakness…

Katsura Taro is back with full force, and he finally has the powerbase he needs to work with the House of Peers and the Lower House without having to cede to Saionji in every single issue. However, the price he had to pay was to pledge his support to the nationalists, who are increasing their influence in the army at an alarming level. Some of your courtiers recommend making the Navy a stronghold for the loyalists to your person, taking advantage of the status of your naval commanders as heroes following the successful naval campaign in the East.

-Italy:

-The intelligence services have successfully infiltrated the mobsters in Rome, Naples and Calabria, but the Sicilian ones proved enormously resistant, killing all potential moles. At this rate, Sicily is pretty much an independent country considering that the crime lords control most of the lands and the local governments.

-The Greeks are constantly improving their forces thanks to your support, and they keep joining your most impulsive officers in their demands for a war. The defenseless Albania, Bulgaria, Morocco or Abyssinia, all of them potential targets for officers that are more and more emboldened after recovering Trieste and getting the desired army and navy surge.

-Your sound economic policies in regards to employment, trade and production have done a lot to improve the Italian economy for the last couple of years, and Italy is finally starting to greatly overcome other European nations like Spain. Keep up the good work here!

-With the election of Albert as Pope (see Events) and despite his enmity to your Kingdom, Prime Minister Giolitti believes there is room for a compromise and eventual negotiations to solve this dilemma.

-Austria Hungary: (Oldiesfreak: I need you to be much more active as Austria. A lack of activity may lead to you being replaced)

-While doing nothing could have been a valid choice before, the truth is that most political groups seem disappointed at your unwillingness to be a more active and strong leader. Hotzendorf has committed himself to support the war efforts along with his fellow officers, but it should be noted that, while a military victory could bolster your position, military defeat would be catastrophic not only to your popularity, but to the unity of the Empire as a whole.

-As the leader of one the largest catholic nations in the world, the election of Pope Albert could very well be considered a triumph. Albert was chosen with the votes of the Austrian cardinals, and he seems willing to repair the relationship that was damaged after the suicide of your son Rudolf in Mayerling.

-While the formal annexation of Bosnia did not cause major changes in regards to domestic policy, the minorities in Bosnia (specially the Muslims) feel extremely discriminated, and look to your as a possible fighter for their rights. Conservatives won’t hear none of it, but the minorities are getting tired of waiting and waiting for better political representation and more stable domestic policies that never come.

-USA:

Cuba has formally signed the Guantanamo Treaty, and with the expected withdrawal of most American forces from the island Guantanamo Bay is now truly yours. Congratulations, Mr. President!

An old rival is back from the dead: William Jennings Bryan. Thought politically dead after the demise of the Populists and his defeats in 1896 and 1900, Bryan has returned with a very vocal series of speeches, denouncing your administration for “imperialistic views”. Suffice to say, a growing number of Americans stand with him, even financial heavyweights like Andrew Carnegie and (for the moment, and only to weaken you) Hearst himself. Could it be that the isolationists plan to lead a massive charge in 1904?

Due to a crafty political scheme, Robert La Follette has become your Secretary of Treasury, signaling the beginning of a compromise between Conservatives and Progressives (even if Senator Hanna is not happy with it). Newberry, La Follette, Hay, Hanna and “Bloodbath” Taft, your team of allies and cabinet members, have been nicknamed “the President’s men”, by the caricaturists. La Follette, loved by the Roosevelt crowd, has started to push for anti-trust laws in order to weaken the power of Wall Street once and for all, while Taft continues to crack down on anarchism and even some pacifist organization, thus regaining some the respect he lost in the Philippines.

For many years it has been your dream to create the Panama Canal, and you were pretty close to achieving that dream. Alas, the nationalist lobby in Colombia has forced the Colombian Senate to reject the Hay-Herran Treaty, thus cancelling any chance of your nation building the Canal. The most hawkish members of the administration call to support the independence movement in Panama to win a loyal puppet and build the Canal anyway, others urge restraint.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies