2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:11:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154333 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: August 17, 2014, 11:27:16 PM »

The people have spoken. In an election where turnout has been the highest in years, we've finally capped off what may be the most interesting campaign in a generation. I want to thank everybody who has helped out in this campaign, from my staff to the grassroots volunteers. I want to thank my running mate Congressman Sanders, who has stood by me this whole time and has been unshakable. I want to also thank everybody who cast their vote for this ticket across the nation, and I want to especially thank Vermont, Maine, and Washington for pulling off the unthinkable for many and giving me electoral votes.

It is plainly clear that the Democrats and Republicans will have competition from now on. They no longer hold a duopoly--Americans have stood up to the two parties and have demanded more choices in their leaders. Although I may not have won the presidency, this is a victory that is equally as important. Against all odds, despite being heavily outraised and restricted from some state ballots, we still hit double digits and won states. The Green Party will do great things in the coming years, and in 2008 we'll be back and stronger than ever!

With this election over, it's time that we keep building on this new, vibrant progressive movement that is sweeping the country. I shall head back to the House and focus my energy on the issues that matter most, with these ideals in mind: peace, freedom, justice, and equality. I hope that all of you will join me in lockstep to make this country even greater. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1451 on: August 17, 2014, 11:30:55 PM »

OOC: Congratulations to Giuliani! It's a relief that the election had a clear winner instead of electoral college madness (although that is a curious map), and I really hope this goes on!
OOC: Congrats to Giuliani! That map is pretty interesting. Tongue I've been following this game and I agree with Lumine in that I certainly hope you continue this, NHI.

Thank you, and yes I do plan to continue this one! Stay tuned. ;-)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1452 on: August 17, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »

I would like to participate in 2008!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1453 on: August 17, 2014, 11:35:57 PM »

Yeah, this has been a wonderful game. Thank you for putting up with everything, NHI, and I'm looking forward to playing in 2008.

Who is the other elected Libertarian besides Paul?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1454 on: August 17, 2014, 11:42:43 PM »

Shortly after 2:30AM on November 3rd, Vice President-elect Kay Hutchison and her family entered the ballroom at the Plaza Hotel. A few moments later, First Lady-elect Judith Giuliani, Anthony Giuliani, and Caroline Giuliani join the Hutchisons. Then President-elect Rudy Giuliani walks onto the stage to massive applause and "Hail Columbia" with four ruffles and flourishes. He stands with his family and Vice President-elect Hutchison for a few minutes and waves at the crowd, before stepping up to the podium.

"Hello, New York! Thank you! Thank you!

I just got off the phone with Senator Biden, who gave me his congratulations, and I expect Governor Johnson and Congressman Kucinich will be doing the same in the coming hours. I'd like to thank Senator Biden and Senator Lincoln, Governor Johnson and Governor Ventura, and Congressman Kucinich and Senator Sanders for waging such a spirited race and bringing numerous issues to the stage of debate. All of them should be very proud of their campaign's efforts.

It's been a long night, a great night,, and an even longer journey. We started out on a cold September day in Brooklyn, and now we're starting a new chapter, on a cool November evening in Manhattan. Senator Hutchison and I brought a message of strength, security, prosperity, and comfort to all corners of this nation. We never made it out to Hawaii but if the campaign had lasted another week you can bet I would have been in Honolulu with Governor Lingle.

This has been truly a historic election. We don't have the final numbers, but it's clear that the citizens of this nation came out in great numbers to show their support. More than 125 million Americans went to the polls, many of them for the first time. It is this involvement in politics that makes America the greatest nation on earth. We've also elected the first female Vice President of the United States of America! We could not have done that without you.

I am humbled by the support I received over the course of the campaign and on election day. I've been given a large, nation-wide mandate to govern and I've been given a Republican-controlled Congress to govern with. Senator Hutchison, I mean, Vice President-elect Hutchison will preside over a larger Republican majority in the Senate than Dick Cheney or myself ever did. Speaker Hastert has an increased Republican Conference in the House too.

Going forward, we now must work towards the better America that I've promised. We will raise the minimum wage so that single mothers don't have to work three jobs to support their families! We will reform healthcare so that all Americans can see a doctor when they're sick! Puerto Rico will join are Union as the 51st State! We will find Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice for the terrors of September 11th!

Thank you, God Bless you, and God Bless the United States of America!"

President-elect Giuliani, Vice President-elect Hutchison, and their families remain on the stage for a few more minutes, waving at the crowd. They leave the stage shortly after 3AM.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #1455 on: August 17, 2014, 11:43:27 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2014, 02:16:16 AM by Brewer »

OOC: I tried to participate but ended up being too busy, so hopefully I'll have better luck when 2008 rolls around. Cheesy
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #1456 on: August 17, 2014, 11:55:16 PM »

OOC: This has been a great game, thanks to everyone who participated and thanks to NHI for putting this all together. I'll definitely want to participate in 2008. I'll post Johnson's speech tomorrow.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1457 on: August 17, 2014, 11:58:14 PM »

OOC: I'd love to continue on into 2008, after a period of time for Giuliani to govern (and a break for me from campaigning).
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1458 on: August 18, 2014, 01:33:30 AM »

OOC: I was going to participate in this but I didn't have the time. I've been watching from the sidelines and it has been fascinating. I might join in on 2008.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1459 on: August 18, 2014, 02:36:00 AM »

OOC: Fantastic job, Mr. President-Elect. I'm very excited to see 4 years of Rudy followed by a campaign for re-election. I love the idea of participating in the 2008 game.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1460 on: August 18, 2014, 03:21:41 AM »

Please open a 2016 Presidential Election Game Smiley
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1461 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:50 AM »

Thanks everyone and great job to all involved, this game went really well! At a short break, I will definitely continue this into 2008.

Thanks again!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1462 on: August 18, 2014, 10:51:37 AM »

OOC: Are we going to play out the Giuliani Administration or just jump straight to '08?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1463 on: August 18, 2014, 10:55:42 AM »

OOC: Are we going to play out the Giuliani Administration or just jump straight to '08?

I'm thinking highlighting the Administration. Then beginning
With September 2007 and start the game. 
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1464 on: August 18, 2014, 10:57:58 AM »

A big thanks to all the partecipants and NHI for this great game!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1465 on: August 18, 2014, 12:54:39 PM »

So I should get a cabinet together?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1466 on: August 18, 2014, 04:38:47 PM »

Message from the President-elect of the United States

President-elect Rudy Giuliani has decided upon the men and women that he plans to nominate for the various Cabinet positions. These men and women are of the highest quality and skill in their field and the President-elect asks that the Senate confirm them with speed. He has also selected the White House Chief of Staff and the White House Press Secretary, who are not subject to Senate confirmation.

White House Chief of Staff: Karl Rove

White House Press Secretary: Chris Wallace

Secretary of State: Joe Lieberman (I/D)

Secretary of the Treasury: Mitt Romney (R)

Secretary of Defense: Condoleezza Rice (R)

Attorney General: Marc Racicot (R)

Secretary of the Interior: Dirk Kempthorne (R)

Secretary of Agriculture: Mark Leavitt (R)

Secretary of Commerce: Gary Johnson (L)

Secretary of Labor: Elaine Chao (R)

Secretary of Health and Human Services: Bill Frist (R)

Secretary of Education: Judd Gregg (R)

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Andrew Card (R)

Secretary of Transportation: Ray LaHood (R)

Secretary of Energy: Pete Domenici (R)

Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Chuck Hagel (R)

Secretary of Homeland Security: Wesley Clark (D)

(OOC: Since this will be continuing on into 2008, I've had some people come froward and ask to play a member of my cabinet. As of right now, Dubya will be playing as Joe Lieberman and Governor Riley Keaton will be playing as Condi Rice.)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1467 on: August 18, 2014, 04:39:15 PM »

If you'd like, yes, that'd be great.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1468 on: August 18, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »

Posted it seconds before you posted this.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1469 on: August 18, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »

A big thanks to all the partecipants and NHI for this great game!
Enjoyed doing it and hats off to everyone! Great job.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1470 on: August 18, 2014, 04:42:19 PM »

Posted it seconds before you posted this.

Ha ha! Looks great.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1471 on: August 18, 2014, 04:48:20 PM »

So, are you going to make a few posts detailing Giuliani's presidency, and then you'll open up the signup thread?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1472 on: August 18, 2014, 04:54:26 PM »

So, are you going to make a few posts detailing Giuliani's presidency, and then you'll open up the signup thread?

I would really hope that's the case, there was an attempt to play the midterms in the 2008 one and it didn't work out very well...
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1473 on: August 18, 2014, 04:57:38 PM »

OOC:^midterms would be silly as a playable election but NHI should definitely have what happens in them before we start 2008.

Also, Biden's election night speech, etc will be up late this evening.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1474 on: August 18, 2014, 04:58:51 PM »

OOC:^midterms would be silly as a playable election but NHI should definitely have what happens in them before we start 2008.

I agree.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies