2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:33:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155745 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2014, 06:16:06 PM »

Ooo things are just heating up, aren't they?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »

Ooo things are just heating up, aren't they?
Yep, you can't win without being nasty. Tongue
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2014, 08:11:50 AM »

Tracking Poll: New Hampshire Primary

Democrats: Clinton +8
Hillary Clinton: 30%
John Edwards: 22%
Joe Biden: 22%
Dennis Kucinich: 20%
Undecided: 6%

Republicans: Giuliani +2
Rudy Giuliani: 27%
Donald Rumsfeld: 25%
Gary Johnson: 22%
George Allen: 18%
Bill Owens: 4%
Undecided: 4%

Generic Ballot: Republican +2
Republican: 46%
Democrat: 44%

President Bush Approval Rating:
Approve: 51%
Disapprove: 43%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #303 on: April 28, 2014, 11:19:14 AM »

OOC: Oh, so you want to go there?

"You have to enjoy the pure cynicism in that ad. Yes, Senator Biden, I shook hands with Saddam Hussein. Perhaps you were too busy running for President and getting caught at plagiarizing at the same to remember, but President Reagan asked me to meet with him regarding the Iraq-Iran war, and I did. To see a man who is supposedly experienced in foreign affairs failing too recognize that times and circumstances change is pretty disappointing to me, but since Senator Biden has taken the gloves off, I will just limit myself to point out that is Senator Biden and not I the one who has been wrong in every single major foreign policy issue since he entered the Senate. He voted against South Vietnam, praised the fall of the Shah in Iran, voted against most of the defense build-up proposed by President Reagan, opposed the Gulf War as well, only to flip flop and support Bill Clinton in Yugoslavia and then vote for this war back in 2002. Does than sound as a man for America? Do us as favor, Senator, and focus on your campaign before you embarrass yourself once again."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #304 on: April 28, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Eight:

"Well, you can tell some people are getting desperate. And just so you know, if Senator Biden were to have a bad a result in New Hampshire... Then you have my full gratitude! (Laughs) In all seriousness, I have decided to spend the next two weeks here. Other candidates have chosen to go to more states, and that's fine, but I feel a genuine connection to New Hampshire, and I am more than confident that this is were we prove the world that Iowa was not a fluke, that our campaign has exactly what it takes to win this race. Enthusiasm, organization, responsibility, we have the values, we have good people on our side, and we have the momentum going forward!"

January 15 to January 18:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in New Hampshire:
-Setting up the organization and the machine:
 -Meeting with Senator Sununu and Party Leaders across New Hampshire.
 -Visiting all campaign offices, talking to volunteers, coordinating turnout efforts.
 -Renting buses for the surrogates to tour and "own" the state.
 -Coordinating interviews with local media on local issues.
 -Rallies in the major cities: Nashua, Concord and Manchester.

"Yes, we can this race, and yes, I am sure the extra focus will help. As Governor Owens seems likely to withdraw from the race soon, I guess this will come down to four candidates, all of which have some appeal. And yet, I believe I am the best choice. Rudy Giuliani is too close to the Democrats for many of our voters, despite his leadership and is strong stances on foreign policy. On the other hand, Gary Johnson draws a massive contrast to Hillary Clinton, but to have a nominee with such dovish views would be a huge mistake for our party. And then you have Senator Allen, who is most of the time a loyal republican and a great conservative, but you have issues like the Medicare vote that can easily make you doubt. I've been in public service for decades, and my view haven't changed that much. And that's what I want to be: a consistent Republican with consistent views and consistent leadership."

January 19 to January 21:
-Rural New Hampshire, here we go!:
 -Visit to Dixville Notch, NH, Town Hall with the residents.
 -Campaign events and town halls in the Hannover area, trying to maximize turnout here.
 -Bus tour of rural areas, speeches and Q&A.
 -Massive Rallies in Berlin, Hampton, Exeter, Londonderry and Lebanon.
 -Meetings with as much war veterans as possible.

"I promise you, this war can be won with effort and responsibility! Let Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden talk all they want about a war they have flip-flopped on, they are not consistent enough to lead this nation. America needs a leader like President Bush for the next four years, a man who can take the stand and say that the line has to be drawn somewhere. And I can not and will not sit back and allow the Democratic Party to surrender this effort and this war. And I don't want to allow them to undone the economic and social progress we have made, not when we have advanced so much and corrected such a good amount of the mistakes Bill Clinton made. Lend me your help, and we will send a message to those naysayers!"

January 22 to January 24:
-Urban Efforts:
 -Barnstorming and holding rallies in:
  -Rochester, Salem, Dover, Merrimack, Derry and Keene.
 -Holding town halls in all cities that have between 10.000 and 20.000 residents (there are 11 of those)
  -Stress, as always, the need for concrete leadership and results.
 -Organizing a couple of fundraising dinners in Manchester and Nashua.

"I can't tell you how many negative comments I received after my unknown knowns speech. Truth is, I am a fan of language and the many differences a single word has. It's a matter of subtlety, which is a decisive skill for a President in order to be successful in all fronts. And I also think the whole unknown known concept also applies to this race. You know were I stand and what I believe, I am a known known. We know who Hillary Clinton is, but we have no idea what she stands for, and that makes her the known unknown. We don't know Dennis Kucinich, but at least we know what he stands for, he is the unknown known. Joe Biden, of course, is the unknown unknown. (Laughs)"

January 25 to January 27:
-GOTV/Turnout Efforts:
 -Manning the phones in Manchester HQ.
 -Holding final rallies in Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Rochester, Salem and Dover.
 -Use volunteers and buses to maximime turnout on primary day, coordinate rural and urban efforts with the help of Sununu. Target conservative and establishment supporters, and focus on helping elderly voters to get to the polls.
 -Press: Give the press full access during the New Hampshire tour, try and get them on board.
 -Host a New Hampshire Party in Manchester HQ, invite all surrogates, staffers and volunteers from the state as well.

"And the day has arrived, New Hampshire! Get out to vote, and send a message to the Republican Party, send a message to our rivals, and send a message to the nation. You have done so in the past with Ronald Reagan, and you can certainly do it again. There has only been one candidate truly devoted to this state, and Rudy Giuliani has taken your vote for granted and he went to other states practically ignoring that you were here. It's up to you to prove him wrong, and tell America that New Hampshire is a state that should never be taken for granted!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Surrogates:

-All surrogates except Sanford (who will stay in SC) will go to New Hampshire.

Vice-President Dick Cheney: Fundraisers and a few rallies in New Hampshire.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich and Senator Bill Frist: Joint rallies in rural New Hampshire, coordinating with the Rumsfeld Bus Tour.

Senator John Sununu: Mounting an all-out assault on the state, make an extra push to gain independents and keep them away from Giuliani.

Governor Mark Sanford: Continued rallies and tours of South Carolina.

Senator Peter Fitzgerald: Going along with Rumsfeld in the tours, helping as an "attack dog" against Johnson and Allen.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2014, 01:51:48 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2014, 01:59:51 PM by Governor Spiral »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: January 15-27

January 15
With Russ Feingold and George McGovern
-Town Hall in Cassleton, ND
-Town Hall in Rugby, ND
-Town Hall in Valley City, ND
-Town Hall in Beulah, ND
-Town Hall in Devils Lake, ND

Well, we gave everyone one heck of a showing in Iowa last night, didn’t we? Third place with thirteen delegates seems like a good start to a campaign that I know will be much more successful in the months to come. Iowans have spoken out, and while I may not have won the state, now it’s clear that I’m here to stay. I’m confident that we’ll win right here in North Dakota, a state known for bucking trends and being bold. I’ve been fighting for you in Congress and now in the White House you need a champion for your causes, and North Dakota will be among many states to stand up and say, “President Kucinich now!”

January 16
With Russ Feingold and George McGovern
-Rally and Fundraiser in Jamestown, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Dickinson, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in West Fargo, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Grand Forks, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bismarck, ND

January 17
With Russ Feingold, George McGovern, and Mike Gravel
-Meet and Greet in Rolla, ND
-Meet and Greet in Park River, ND
-Meet and Greet in Washburn, ND
-Meet and Greet in Crosby, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Minot, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fargo, ND

We’ve been keeping a policy of war in this country for many years. It’s not just a problem with Republican presidents—Democrats have been guilty of this, too. We’ve got to ask ourselves: Is Iraq really worth it? Can we win the War on Terror? I’m proposing the creation of a Department of Peace that will tackle our foreign policy in a diplomatic fashion. War should not be our first venue for all of our problems abroad. Communication is key, and we have to reach out first. The State and Defense Departments will also have reforms put in place that will ensure that our taxpayer dollars don’t go into feeding this gigantic beast that President Eisenhower called the Military-Industrial Complex.

January 18
With Ralph Nader, Ramsey Clark, and Jesse Jackson
-Town Hall in Rio Rico, AZ
-Town Hall in Douglas, AZ
-Town Hall in Anthem, AZ
-Rally and Fundraiser in Maricopa, AZ
-Organizing campaign operations in Phoenix, AZ

January 19
With Ralph Nader, Ramsey Clark, and Jesse Jackson
-Rally and Fundraiser in Yuma, AZ
-Rally and Fundraiser in Tempe, AZ
-Rally and Fundraiser in Gilbert, AZ
-Rally and Fundraiser in Chandler, AZ
-Rally and Fundraiser in Mesa, AZ

January 20
-Meeting with staff and volunteers in Rochester, NH
-Meeting with staff and volunteers in Derry, NH
-Meeting with staff and volunteers in Concord, NH
-Meeting with staff and volunteers in Nashua, NH
-Organizing campaign operations and reaching out to grassroots in Manchester, NH

January 21
With Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, and Robert Reich
-Town Hall in Haverhill, NH
-Town Hall in Auburn, NH
-Town Hall in Henniker, NH
-Town Hall in Wakefield, NH
-Town Hall in Loudon, NH
-Town Hall in Fremont, NH

I saw Senator Biden’s ad the other day, and I have to say, even though we’re opponents in these primaries, you go, Joe! The fact of the matter is that Rumsfeld has some explaining to do on his record. He did in fact pal around with Saddam Hussein, and for the last two years he was going off on how much of a tyrant he has been? I think there’s a conflict of interest here. All of the Democrats preach a break from the way things have been, but unfortunately, Senator Biden has inconsistencies in his record as well. I am the only candidate who has staunchly been against this warmongering and nation-building from the very beginning, and you can look at my advocacy in Congress as all the proof that you need. Democrats and Republicans have failed you on some of the important issues of our day, but not me. You know where I’ve stood, and the results in New Hampshire will show just where the tides are turning in this country! Let’s make a change together!

January 22
With Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, and Robert Reich
-Barnstorming in Hillsborough, NH
-Barnstorming in New Boston, NH
-Barnstorming in Kingston, NH
-Barnstorming in Pembroke, NH
-Barnstorming in Plymouth, NH
-Barnstorming in Deerfield, NH

January 23
With Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, and Mike Gravel
-Barnstorming in Nottingham, NH
-Barnstorming in Peterborough, NH
-Barnstorming in Swanzey, NH
-Barnstorming in Bow, NH
-Barnstorming in Weare, NH
-Barnstorming in Seabrook, NH

Senator Clinton has a fair lead over the others if you’re to believe the polls. Whatever happens, we have to get the record straight. Democrats, progressives, liberals: Hillary Clinton has not been a consistent voice on your behalf. One of the most critical issues we’ll face this election will be foreign policy, and how we conduct ourselves in Iraq and the rest of the Middle East. Hillary, I’m sorry to say, has been as much of a hawk on this as many Republicans until very recently, because now she’s running for President. She’s been on Wal-Mart’s Board of Directors and has been supportive of Wall Street and corporate welfare. We can do better than that as Democrats. That’s why I’m running: to get out the progressives and bring real reforms to Washington. Don’t disappoint me, New Hampshire! We can win this together!

January 24
With Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, Ramsey Clark, and Robert Reich
-Barnstorming in Somersworth, NH
-Barnstorming in Claremont, NH
-Barnstorming in Pelham, NH
-Barnstorming in Durham, NH
-Barnstorming in Exeter, NH
-Barnstorming in Milford, NH

I’ve been getting more attention since my good showing in Iowa, it seems. Senator Clinton called me the first “fringe candidate” to have a good primary showing since George McGovern. First off, I don’t believe that my views are fringe by any means. What I advocate for is at the very heart of the Democratic Party’s principles, and we as Democrats shouldn’t skirt away from that for the sake of “electability.” I’m also flattered at her invitation to have a role in her administration, but for now I’ve got my eyes on one spot in the White House, and that’s in the Oval Office. The momentum is clearly on our sides, folks, and we have to make the most of it! New Hampshire is our biggest test yet—let’s show everyone that we can live up to expectations and far exceed them!

January 25
With Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, Ramsey Clark, and Robert Reich
-Barnstorming in Laconia, NH
-Barnstorming in Goffstown, NH
-Barnstorming in Portsmouth, NH
-Barnstorming in Londonderry, NH
-Barnstorming in Hudson, NH
-Barnstorming in Merrimack, NH

January 26
With Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, Ramsey Clark, Ralph Nader, George McGovern, and Robert Reich
-Barnstorming in Salem, NH
-Barnstorming in Dover, NH
-Barnstorming in Derry, NH
-Barnstorming in Concord, NH
-Barnstorming in Nashua, NH
-Barnstorming in Manchester, NH

Tomorrow, New Hampshire will open up its polls and let people all across the state cast their allegiance to their favorite candidate. I’ve had much attention spent on New Hampshire since the very beginning of my campaign, and I expect it to all pay off here tonight. Don’t listen to what the polls say! What you need to look at is the organization, and we’ll shine here again like we did in Iowa. Let it be known that I’m the candidate of peace, justice, and equality, and no one comes close to the record I have. While my opponents may flip-flop on Iraq, I’ve stood my ground. Voters in this state realize that we can do better. I’ve always fought for you, and I will continue to fight for you. Now, New Hampshire, let’s get our victory tomorrow!

January 27
-GOTV across the state with all surrogates, with specific emphasis on largest cities
-Targeting progressive voters and last-minute appeals to Edwards/Biden voters
-Bringing out working-class and elderly voters to polls
-Working with grassroots volunteers to maximize turnout in both urban and rural areas
-Rally in Manchester, NH

Kucinich Endorsements

Ramsey Clark: Dennis Kucinich has truly impressed me with his record in Congress. As someone who was Attorney General during a rocky period in American history, I know the sweeping waves of change that society faces, and a President Kucinich will bring monumental change for the better.

Robert Reich: I was Labor Secretary during the Clinton years, and while we’ve had successes, we’ve also had failures. Too many of our politicians have been too cozy to Wall Street and we’ve seen more deregulation in recent years that is a dangerous path to continue on. Dennis Kucinich has truly been a voice for the people, who has opposed big banks, corporate fat cats, and big money. He should get your vote as he has gotten mine.

TV/Radio Ad: Bush Democrats

Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, and Joe Biden may all be antiwar now, but what have their records shown? All three voted to authorize the War in Iraq. All three have supported the PATRIOT Act. All three have fed defense contractors like Haliburton and Blackwater. Do we really want more Bush Democrats in office? Vote for a candidate that has stood on principle. Vote Dennis Kucinich. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #306 on: April 28, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »

Kucinich Surrogate Activity

Howard Dean: Mobilizing progressives to come in the polls

Russ Feingold: Rallies and fundraisers across New Hampshire

Ralph Nader: Contacting progressive Democrats and independents for the primary

Jesse Jackson: Fundraising and minority outreach in South Carolina

Mike Gravel: Increasing turnout among elderly voters in New Hampshire

Bernie Sanders: Media appearances and progressive outreach in New Hampshire

George McGovern: Rallying antiwar activists in New Hampshire

Gore Vidal: Media appearances and fundraising on behalf of Kucinich

Ramsey Clark: Rallying antiwar activists in New Hampshire

Robert Reich: Targeting New Hampshire suburban voters and meeting with potential donors

AFL-CIO: Rallying union members in New Hampshire and Super Tuesday states

Sierra Club: Mobilizing environmental activists in New Hampshire and Super Tuesday states

Code Pink: Coordinating GOTV efforts with antiwar activists in New Hampshire and Super Tuesday states

United Steelworkers: Increasing union turnout in New Hampshire

ACLU: TV/print/online advertisements for Kucinich across country, with emphasis on New Hampshire and Super Tuesday states
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2014, 01:57:59 PM »

This round will close at 11:59pm EST tonight and results will be up for NH by tomorrow.

NHI
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2014, 05:01:21 PM »

George Allen Presidential Schedule - January 27th, 2004

"I will be the first one to say Medicare Part D wasn't perfect, but I am going to say that the administration did the right thing in promoting it, and it was a common sense reform of our healthcare system. The fact that Donald Rumsfeld abandons the administrations policy for political ambition is a sign that he isn't ready to take the reins. Presidents don't flip flop. Treasury Secretary John Snow will tell you that I am the candidate with the most substance, and we can bring conservative change to this country!"

January 27th, 2004:
6:00 AM - Breakfast with Supporters in Keene, New Hampshire
7:30 AM - GOTV in Jaffrey, New Hampshire
9:00 AM - GOTV in Peterborough, New Hampshire
10:30 AM - GOTV in Gottstown, New Hampshire
12:00 PM - Lunch with Staff in Manchester, New Hampshire
1:30 PM - Barnstorming in Manchester, New Hampshire with Craig Benson
3:00 PM - GOTV in Suncook, New Hampshire
4:00 PM - GOTV in Concord, New Hampshire
6:00 PM - Dinner with Supporters in Rochester, New Hampshire
7:00 PM - GOTV in Rochester, New Hampshire
9:00 PM - Watch party in Rochester, New Hampshire

Surrogates:

Arthur Ravenel, Lindsey Graham, Bob Goodlatte - Barnstorming & Fundraising in South Carolina
Rick Santorum, Andy Card, John Snow, Craig Benson, Pat Buchanan - GOTV in New Hampshire
Jim Ross Lightfoot - Barnstorming in North Dakota
Pierre DuPont and Michael Castle - Barnstorming & Fundraising in Delaware
Dick Armey - Barnstorming in Missouri
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2014, 09:16:19 PM »

I've had a bad computer crash, so I'm posting this from my phone. Gary Johnson and all his surrogates are campaigning (barnstorming, GOTV, and rallies, interviews with local media, etc.) through New Hampshire. Also running radio ads promoting the campaign slogan LIVE FREE. Sorry about this, I would have had a schedule up.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2014, 09:27:08 AM »
« Edited: April 29, 2014, 12:43:01 PM by NHI »

Round X: January 28-February 2nd

Republicans:
√ Rudy Giuliani: 52,541 (28.51%) (9)
Donald Rumsfeld: 50,201 (27.24%) (8 )
Gary Johnson: 43,444 (23.56%) (4)
George Allen: 31,595 (17.13%) (1)
Bill Owens: 8,400 (3.51%)
Other: 101 (0.05%)

BREAKING NEWS: RUDY GIULIANI WINS NH PRIMARY

Rudy Giuliani won the all important New Hampshire Primary, but faced tough competition from Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, who like he had in Iowa finished a strong second. The primary was not called for Giuliani until after midnight and his margin of victory was 1.27 percent. Still, a win for Giuliani sets him up for a strong performance on the February 3rd contests; the mini Super Tuesday.

A second strong performance by Donald Rumsfeld, makes him a serious contender in the upcoming contests and beyond. Gary Johnson again finished with a strong performance and won some delegates from the primary. He too heads up into the next contests in a great position. George Allen, winner of the Iowa Caucuses finished fourth on Tuesday, but did pickup one delegate finished better than expected. Donald Rumsfeld takes a small lead in the delegate count at this time, with Allen, Giuliani and Johnson in succeeding order.

Current national polls show a three-way tie between Giuliani, Rumsfeld and Allen, putting all the more emphasis on the February 3rd contests.

Democrats:
√ Hillary Clinton: 62,561 (34.42%) (11)
Joe Biden: 48,006 (26.41%) (7)
Dennis Kucinich: 38,314 (21.08%) (4)
John Edwards: 32,487 (17.87%) (1)
Other: 349 (0.22%)

BREAKING NEWS: HILLARY CLINTON WINS NH PRIMARY

As expected Hillary Clinton easily won the New Hampshire primary over her Democratic rivals and heads into the February 3rd contests with her frontrunner status in tact. Joe Biden, however finished second in the New Hampshire, something unexpected by the pundits, but many attributed Biden's success to doubling down in the Granite State after Iowa and focusing on town halls and meeting blue collar voters. Dennis Kucinich finished a strong third and picked up some delegates. A one third tier, Kucinich is now being more seriously, especially now heading into the next contests. John Edwards, who is still recovering finished fourth in the primary, but most pundits believe his campaign is not over, as he still polls strong in the national polls and holds onto a delegate count.

National polls still put Clinton in the lead, with Edwards dropping in the wake of his hospitalization. Both Biden and Kucinich have seen their numbers improve.

Donald Rumsfeld: 21
George Allen: 17
Rudy Giuliani: 10
Gary Johnson: 8
Bill Owens: 0

Hillary Clinton: 27
John Edwards: 17
Dennis Kucinich: 17
Joe Biden: 7

Republican Nomination Poll:
Rudy Giuliani: 22%
Donald Rumsfeld: 22%
George Allen: 22%
Gary Johnson: 19%
Bill Owens: 3%
Undecided: 12%

Democratic Nomination Poll:
Hillary Clinton: 29%
Joe Biden: 23%
John Edwards: 20%
Undecided: 8%

This Round will Close on Sunday at 12:01 AM

Upcoming Contests: February 3rd
Arizona, Delaware, Missouri, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina

Polling for the above contests will be up later today.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2014, 12:50:37 PM »

New Endorsers:

Democratic Senator Zell Miller to endorse George Allen

"I've gone to Washington and seen what the Democrats believe, and I no longer can follow their liberal agenda. My experience there has changed me. I have seen Republicans leading the nation and Democrats trying to harm our nations defense in such dire times. This is disgraceful and I will not stand for it.

Senator George Allen is one of the premier leaders in the Senate. His record is strong, and his stance on defense is stronger. I have seen him do great things, both in Virginia and for this country. He won't let the terrorists win!"

Lt. Gov. Mary Fallin and Former Congressman Tom Coburn endorse Allen

Tulsa, Oklahoma - Tom Coburn and Mary Fallin came together for a press conference to make a special endorsement. Both seem to be on opposite sides of the Oklahoma Republican party: Coburn, the more anti-establishment side, and Fallin, the more establishment side, but both are staunch conservatives. As a result, them coming together to endorse George Allen isn't entirely a surprise, but either way, its a boost in a state that Allen already leads strongly in.

Senator Jon Kyl on George Allen: "The clear choice for President"

"I am here today to announce that I know what this country needs in a President. I know my colleague John McCain has endorsed Rudy Giuliani, but I disagree with him strongly on this. I think we need a leader who is more in tact with the legislative process. George Allen has the most experience, with legislative, executive, and private sector experience under his belt. I think he's the best choice for this election, and I think the voters of Arizona will too."

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »

Not Dead Yet

I'd like to thank the good doctors here in Iowa; it took some surgery and some recovery, but the cardiologists here have successfully resolved my heart condition, and they don't believe it will cause any future problems. We'll be back on the trail this week, and we remain confident that we will win the nomination.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »

January 27, 2000

11:05 PM, Verizon Wireless Center, Manchester, New Hampshire

Well folks, we've done it! We didn't just win New Hampshire, we blew out Senator Biden and Senator Kucinich! As we await Senator Edwards return to the campaign trail, I know everyone thinks we can clinch the nomination next week, but it isn't that simple. I'd like to thank tonight the political operatives in New Hampshire who made this possible and a special thank you to the various police departments that line the Everett Turnpike, who were kind enough to give me an escort here, after it became clear I would be late otherwise. As such the Campaign is paying the combined cost of the escort, which is being estimated at $175,000 per locality or $1,050,000 total.

If all goes well for us, we will be the nominee by Super Tuesday on March the Second, but we need your help! Thank you New Hampshire and see you in November!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2014, 05:19:58 PM »

Schedule For Bill Clinton

January 28, 2004

Meet Voters in Mount Vernon, Georgia

Speech in Poplarville, Mississippi

The legacy of the old South was is strong here with the lynching of Mack Charles Parker on what many believe to be fabricated rape charges back in 1959 looming large here. Governor Barbour has done more on this front than any Mississippi Governor before him, offering a posthumous pardon for Parker on the original rape charge. However Hillary's campaign, and many in the African-American say this is not enough. Mississippi only ratified the Thirteenth Admendment ten years ago for example. We believe Mississippi needs to make an effort to create a more inclusive society, to lift the people of Mississippi out of the realms of the poor and impoverished, as you were the lowest income in the country last year, to lift the people from the disturbingly morbid obesity they now face here, as Mississippi now faces one of the highest rates of obesity among all the nations citizens, In short stop caring about more than the dollars you bring in and start caring about what those dollars do. 

Meet Voters in Picayune, Missouri

Speech at the John C. Stennis Space Center, Hancock County Mississippi

A Hillary Clinton administration will revitalize the space program that the Bush Administration has left languishing. We were supposed to begin to ramp down the use of Space Shuttles and begin to build new technology at the end of my administration. Unfortunately President Bush has decided to take the lazy way out, and it cost us with the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster. A Hillary Clinton Presidency would phase out the space shuttles in favor of new technology, continue to supply the International Space Station, return to the Moon by 2010, and put an Astronaut on Mars by 2013.

January, 29, 2004

Meet Voters in Franklinton, Louisiana

Speech in Bogalusa, Louisiana

Back in the 1960's Boglusa was the home to group called the Deacons for Defense and Justice which sought to return the violence the African-American Community faced with violence often in opposition with individuals like Roy Wilkins, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Julian Bond. As Americans we side with Wilikins, Bond and Rev. King. No matter who you are fighting, what you fighting, vigilantism is not the answer and if anything, only makes the issue worse.

Meet Voters in Varnado, Louisiana

Meet Voters in Osyka, Mississippi

Speech in McComb, Mississippi

So I opened The New Orleans-Times Picayune today and I saw an article about Senator Biden's attack ad at Secretary Rumsfeld... While I realize what you're trying to do Joe, you really should be thinking about your own campaign. Yes, the ad is accurate, and it makes sense, but right now this is stuff you should be saving for a general election, or letting one of Secretary Rumsfeld's primary opponents use it instead. There's just no point to use it now.

January 30, 2004

Meet Voters in Magnolia, Mississippi

Speech at Temple B'nai Shalom, Brookhaven, Mississippi  (American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee Ceremony honoring, Avraham Shochat, Gomen Segev, Abdelrouf al-Rawabdeh and Amr Moussa)

The individuals behind me have decided that no matter what their personal feelings towards each others respective countries or for each other, they will work as hard as they can to keep peace in the Middle East, which why an award and buffet lunch has been arranged.

Meet Voters in Holcomb, Mississippi

Speech in Grenada, Mississippi

I know many of you here won't remember 1966, but back then James Meredith went on a march for voting rights, and it passed right through here. The town officials said they would people to register, and those registrars registered a thousand African-American citizens onto the rolls. After the march passed through, the registrars were fired and it was later revealed that none of the thousand who were registered actually made it on to the voter rolls. Compare to what's going on in Harris County, Texas, where the Houston Chronicle reported that the Harris County Board of Elections were deliberately removing people, mostly Democrats and Independents who had no valid reason to purged from the voter rolls other than the likelihood of voting against the Republican nominee. The Harris County District Attorney refused to touch the case, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott refused to investigate and said on December 4, 2003 to the Austin-American Statesman that he supports such action, and Attorney General John Ashcroft is too partisan to deal appropriately with an issue like this. While race isn't a factor in what's going in Harris County, it's still disenfranchisement, and it should be dealt with harshly. 

Meet Voters in Hickory Flat, Mississippi

January 31, 2004

Meet Voters in Piperton, Tennessee

Cookoff Fundraiser at Harrah's Tunica Mardi Gras Casino (Also For Tom Daschle, Barack Obama, Daniel Hynes, Gerry Chico, Joe Hoeffel, John Neely Kennedy, Chris John, Tony Knowles, Bennie Thompson and Gene Taylor) (Doing the Cooking; Bill Clinton, Mario Batali, Masahilko Kobe, Masaharu, Morimoto and Nigella Lawson)

Meet Voters in Capelville, Tennessee

Speech in Dyersburg, Tennessee

Less than two weeks from, the State of Tennessee will vote on our next nominee, and while your most famous native son may have endorsed Senator Edwards, we are by no means sitting ducks in this race. Indeed we will contest the nomination here, we are contesting Senator Biden's Home State of Delaware, We are Contesting Senator Edward's birth State of South Carolina... If we think we can win, we will go for it!

February 1, 2004

Meet Voters in Rutherford, Tennessee

Meet Voters in Medina, Tennessee

Meet Voters in Yorkville, Tennessee

Present Trophy to winner of FBR Open TPC Scottsdale, Scottsdale Arizona

February 2, 2004

Guest PA announcer for Women's Basketball Game at Pauley Pavillion (UCLA Bruins v UConn Huskies

GOTV in Aynor, South Carolina
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2014, 06:36:42 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2014, 07:03:10 PM by NHI »

JOHN EDWARD TO RETURN TO CAMPAIGN TRAIL
"We'll be back on the trail this week, and we remain confident that we will win the nomination."

John Edwards, having been released from the hospital is pledging to be back on the campaign trail, after being given a clean bill of health from his doctors. Edwards, who despite the incidence with his heart won the Iowa Caucuses. He finished fourth in the New Hampshire Primary, but did pickup a single delegate. National Polls show a shift in the Democratic race, with a strong finish in the NH Primary, Joe Biden is surging to second next to Hillary Clinton. The Edwards campaign is confident they can regain their momentum.

Mini-Super Tuesday Polling: February 3rd

Arizona: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 27%
Joe Biden: 21%
Denni Kucinich: 20%

Delaware: Democrats
Joe Biden: 61%
Hillary Clinton: 15%
John Edwards: 11%
Dennis Kucinich: 11%
Undecided: 2%

Missouri: Democrats
John Edwards: 24%
Hillary Clinton: 24%
Joe Biden: 19%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%
Undecided: 15%

New Mexico: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 27%
Joe Biden: 22%
Undecided: 11%

North Dakota: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 28%
Joe Biden: 24%
Dennis Kucinich: 19%
John Edwards: 17%

Oklahoma: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 29%
Joe Biden: 18%
Dennis Kucinich: 18%
Undecided: 15%

South Carolina: Democrats
John Edwards: 27%
Hillary Clinton: 25%
Joe Biden: 23%
Dennis Kucinich: 19%
Undecided: 5%
------------------------------------------------------
Arizona: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 23%
Donald Rumsfeld: 23%
Gary Johnson: 20%
George Allen: 20%
Bill Owens: 2%
Undecided: 10%

Delaware: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 28%
Donald Rumsfeld: 20%
George Allen: 19%
Gary Johnson: 15%
Undecided: 14%

Missouri: Republicans
George Allen: 29%
Donald Rumsfeld: 24%
Rudy Giuliani: 22%
Gary Johnson: 17%
Undecided: 5%

New Mexico: Republicans
Gary Johnson: 59%
Rudy Giuliani: 15%
Donald Rumsfeld: 10%
George Allen: 9%
Undecided: 3%

North Dakota: Republicans
George Allen: 25%
Donald Rumsfeld: 21%
Rudy Giuliani: 20%
Undecided: 13%

Oklahoma: Republicans
George Allen: 30%
Donald Rumsfeld: 25%
Rudy Giuliani: 18%
Gary Johnson: 15%
Undecided: 9%

South Carolina: Democrats
George Allen: 26%
Rudy Giuliani: 24%
Donald Rumsfeld: 23%
Bill Owens: 2%
Undecided: 8%
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2014, 06:38:54 PM »

OOC: Am I not on the ballot in New Mexico?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #317 on: April 29, 2014, 07:03:49 PM »

My bad. You're on!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: April 29, 2014, 07:30:33 PM »

George Allen for President Schedule - January 28th - February 2nd

"Arizona voters know that if you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything. That's why I think this campaign will win in November against any Democrat no matter what pollsters or pundits say. We are the campaign of honest change, of standing for ones principles, and in believing in common sense solutions that will continue great growth for this country. We have proposals, plans, that will do all the things I say. In terms of policy, this has been consistently rated as the strongest campaign on the trail, and that's because we are willing to put our beliefs on the forefront. I'm not afraid of what I believe, and that will get more Americans on our side."

January 28th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Phoenix, Arizona
Barnstroming in Tempe, Arizona
Town Hall in Casa Grande, Arizona
Town Hall in Payson, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Prescott Valley, Arizona
Barnstorming in Flagstaff, Arizona

"Wow, isn't it great to be in the state of Oklahoma! Any future we have in energy independence, has to start from here. That's exactly what I am here to talk about: energy. We need to have an all of the above strategy on energy, cut the red tape, and allow companies to drill more. We face a dangerous threat in the world called terrorism, and the problem we face is whether or not we will continue to be dependent on nations that collude with our enemies. As president, I will allow permits to drill on public lands and make our future in energy production possible!"

January 29th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Tulsa, Oklahoma with Tom Coburn
Town Hall in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma with Tom Coburn
Meet and Greet in Muskogee, Oklahoma with Tom Coburn
Town Hall in Norman, Oklahoma with Mary Fallin
Barnstorming in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma with Mary Fallin
Meeting with Oklahoma Republican Party with Mary Fallin

January 30th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Bismark, North Dakota
Town Hall in Hettinger, North Dakota
Meet and Greet in Dickinson, North Dakota
Meet and Greet in Williston, North Dakota
Town Hall in Minot, North Dakota
Town Hall in Devils Lake, North Dakota

January 31st, 2004:
Town Hall in West Plains, Missouri
Meet and Greet in Mount Grove, Missouri
Town Hall in Springfield, Missouri
Meet and Greet in Clinton, Missouri
Barnstorming in Jefferson City, Missouri
Fundraiser in Jefferson City, Missouri
Barnstorming in Columbia, Missouri

"Glad to see you were a supporter of my Senate campaign, and to answer your question, yes, I am in favor of radical tax reform. I know a lot of my opponents are afraid to tread the issue, but I am not. We should go to a flat tax system with the entire system reformed and made so its easier for everyone to pay their taxes. A lot of fraud is caused by the complicated code, and that is because lawyers have taken over our congress and taken over our system of Governance. With my leadership, we can change that."

February 1st, 2004 [With Lindsey Graham]:
Meet and Greet in Easely, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Simpsonville, South Carolina
Town Hall in Clinton, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Winnsboro, South Carolina
Barnstorming in Colubmia, South Carolina

Television Ad: Working Hard

This ad will air in South Carolina, Delaware, Missouri, Arizona, Oklahoma, Michigan, Washington, Maine, and Tennessee

"We are still dependent on nations that harbor terrorists. What can we do to fix this?"

"Hi, I'm George Allen, and If I am elected President, we won't have that dependency. I have a 5 point plan to get us Energy Independent in the next ten years, by de-regulating the energy industry, grantin permits to drill on public lands, and opening up areas of the country we previously haven't thought about, we can stop sending money to countries with terrorists and start investing in our own future.

I approve this message because Americans are working hard, and deserve to be rewarded for their hard work."

February 2nd, 2004:
Fundraiser in Columbia, South Carolina with Arthur Ravenel Jr.
Meet and Greet in Sumnter, South Carolina with Lindsey Graham
Town Hall in Kingstree, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Georgetown, South Carolina
Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with Arthur Ravenel Jr.
Barnstorming in Charleston, South Carolina
Final Media Appearances before South Carolina Primary

"Chris, let me answer that question by saying that Joe Biden has no room to talk on foreign policy bungles. On my first day in the Senate, one wise man told me that, if you need to vote the right way on foreign policy, just vote opposite of Senator Biden. Look, I approve of Secretary Rumsfeld's foreign policy decisions, so this is a non-issue for me.

However, I don't think Biden is dead in the water: Quite the contrary actually. Hillary and Bill, for all the advantage they have, have been saying some nutty things on the trail. Edwards just got out of surgery, but we don't know how much of a dent him being off the trail has done. I think Biden could very well face the GOP, and he's probably one of the stronger candidates on their side. Which, I think, is good for us, because we have, for all the flaws I might talk about in debate, a very capable group of people on our side."
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2014, 08:00:59 PM »

Kucinich Endorsements

Barbara Lee: Dennis and I were some of the brave members of Congress who said no to President Bush and opposed these disastrous wars. Now we've seen public opinion turn against Bush and the Republicans, and it's time for a new administration with fresh ideas on how to turn around this country for the better. Dennis has the boldest vision for where to go forward out of all the candidates.

Barney Frank: After four wacky years with George W. Bush and his Republican cronies, it's time to turn the page and start somewhere new. I've been serving with Dennis in Congress, and this guy has the guts to stand up to the right-wingers harming our country with their divisive tactics and handouts to the richest. Democrats should unite behind the man with the best ideas and the most integrity and take us all the way to the White House.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #320 on: April 29, 2014, 11:57:42 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: January 28-February 3

January 28
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, Mike Gravel, and Robert Reich
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Flagstaff, AZ
-Barnstorming and voter registration in San Tan Valley, AZ
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Lake Havasu City, AZ
-Rallying Democrats and left-leaning independents in Peoria, AZ
-Phone banking in Tucson, AZ
-GOTV strategy session with campaign staff in Pheonix, AZ

Another day, another great showing! Capturing third place with over twenty percent of the vote in New Hampshire has really brought us more momentum, and now I expect it to pay off right here in Arizona and many other states. If you haven’t registered to vote already, now is the time to do so! Come in the voting booth and vote with your hearts on February 3. Let’s flood the polls together! Hillary may be in the lead now, but we’re right on her heels, let me tell ya! This race is far from over, and don’t let anybody convince you otherwise. Our hard work will pay off very soon!

January 29
With George McGovern, Ramsey Clark, Bernie Sanders, and Ralph Nader
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Mirana, AZ
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Oro Valley, AZ
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Surprise, AZ
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Glendale, AZ
-Phone banking in Mesa, AZ
-Town hall on Hispanic issues in Tucson, AZ

Let’s talk about immigration tonight. I’ve seen many of my Republican friends on the other side act tough on immigrants and sealing the borders, but is this really the right way to solve this problem? I have some different proposals. We have to build relationships between nations, not build walls, and this includes reaching out to Mexico. America has always been a melting pot and we should make it as easy as possible for new immigrants to assimilate to our nation and our values.  We need a real pathway to citizenship so that anyone who makes it here has the opportunity to follow the law and be successful in their pursuits. For the influx of Spanish-speaking immigrants, it would also be a good idea to teach Spanish as a second common language in our public schools, and that would benefit everyone, including our native kids who now have the chance to be exposed to more diversity. Americans must not be afraid of new languages and cultures. We can make this nation stronger than ever, and part of that comes with reforming our immigration laws.

January 30
With Russ Feingold, Sherrod Brown, George McGovern, and Jesse Jackson
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Columbia, MO
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Independence, MO
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Springfield, MO
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Kansas City, MO
-Barnstorming and voter registration in St. Louis, MO
-Town hall on African-American issues in St. Louis, MO

Someone has asked me before: "Dennis, what do you think of reparations for slavery?" My answer to that individual is that, yes, I do believe we need to compensate the African-American community in some fashion for past injustices. My approach to this would be through preserving and strengthening social programs. We'll have politicians that want to slash the social safety net, but they don't realize just how important it has been for so many families and communities. Countless people might be otherwise homeless, starving, or even dead without these programs intact, and that's why I've never voted to cut Americans' benefits as a member of Congress. As President, I also see room for expanding certain programs, and I'll fight every day to make that happen.

January 31
With Howard Dean, Sherrod Brown, Barney Frank, and Ramsey Clark
-Barnstorming and voter registration in West Fargo, ND
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Minot, ND
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Grand Forks, ND
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Bismarck, ND
-Rallying Democrats and left-leaning independents in Fargo, ND
-Organizing strong GOTV operation with campaign staff in Fargo, ND

I look out here in the crowd and I see plenty of faces. Young and old, black and white, men and women—all of you are seeking a real change up in Washington! More and more, Americans across the country have been seeing me as a real alternative to the same old routine that goes on with presidential candidates. I won’t lie to you. I won’t dodge specifics on the issues. I tell it how it is, and while not everybody may agree with me on everything, at least you know where I stand—which is a lot more that can be said for other politicians. This year, we have the chance to bring about real, authentic change, and that begins first with electing leaders with principle.

February 1
With Ralph Nader, Mike Gravel, Barbara Lee, and Barney Frank
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Alamogordo, NM
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Hobbs, NM
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Clovis, NM
-Phone banking in Santa Fe, NM
-Bus tour in Albuquerque, NM
-Organizing GOTV strategy with campaign staff in Albuquerque, NM

New Mexico, are you excited? In two days, we’re going to make one hell of a showing here! My gut tells me that we’re in a very strong position to win in this great state, and I can’t ever thank all of the people who have been helping me on the campaign along the way. The media may tell you that Senator Clinton is the national frontrunner right now, but given all of her rather odd remarks on the campaign trail, I sometimes wonder how long that streak will last for her. Language aside, what really matters in this race is the issues, and I’ve been the best representative of the Democratic Party’s values out of all four candidates. Just take a look at my record as a Congressman or even as far back as Mayor of Cleveland and you’ll see that I don’t disappoint. Now, who’s with me in this fight to the very end? If you are, stand by me and vote in the primary on the 3rd!

February 2
With Russ Feingold, Bernie Sanders, Sherrod Brown, Mike Gravel, and Ralph Nader
-Barnstorming and fundraiser in Catalina Foothills, AZ
-Barnstorming and fundraiser in Avondale, AZ
-Barnstorming and fundraiser in Yuma, AZ
-Barnstorming and fundraiser in Gilbert, AZ
-Bus tour in Glendale, AZ
-Bus tour in Chandler, AZ

Well, Arizona, we’re nearing the end and we’re heading right into Super Tuesday. There’s no looking back at this point. We as Democrats have the opportunity to create better lives for our children. We have the opportunity to restore a sustainable planet and foster good relations with our neighbors to truly have global peace. We have the opportunity to ensure that our poor, sick, and old are not left behind and have a society built around altruism. Don’t listen to the naysayers—all of these things are quite achievable. They won’t be easy, but with determination we can push through and be proud of ourselves for leaving our world better off than before. My campaign centers around all of these goals, and they’re what drive me to be the best man I can be every day of my life. No matter how many states we win or lose, never forget these goals and never be discouraged to keep going at it.  Let’s have a wonderful Super Tuesday, folks!

February 3
With all surrogates
-GOTV statewide in Arizona
-GOTV statewide in New Mexico
-GOTV statewide in North Dakota
-GOTV statewide in South Carolina
-Media appearances on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC
-Rally in Phoenix, AZ
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: April 30, 2014, 02:10:31 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2014, 02:15:05 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

February 3rd - Get out the Vote Strategy

On MSNBC a couple of days earlier, George Allen Campaign Manager Karen Hughes took to the presses to talk campaign stuff, noting Allen's high fundraising, key endorsements, and advantage in the states that are currently in the running. She noted -

"Besides New Mexico, we are competitive in every single state on the 3rd, and we could very well win a lot of delegates. Our strategy is two-fold: we are going for delegates, and we are going for wins, and right now, we are strong on both counts. Rumsfeld leads in delegates, but without a win, he trails in every single state going on. Meanwhile, we took a large win in the state of Iowa, and still are very competitive in the delegates race."

The Strategy of the Campaign on the February 3rd GOTV includes the following -

- Busing people in rural, less populated areas to the polls
- Paying hourly employees double on election day, time and a half in the week before the primary.
- Getting out our Volunteers
- Reaching out to Republican youths

And this GOTV strategy is going on in the states of Arizona, Oklahoma, Missouri, Delaware, North Dakota, and most importantly, South Carolina [the centerpiece of this strategy]

Surrogates on the GOTV Trail
Jon Kyl (R-AZ) - Arizona
Dick Armey (R-TX) - Arizona
Pierre DuPont (R-DE) - Delaware
Michael Castle (R-DE) - Delaware
Pat Buchanan (R-DC) - Delaware
Andy Card (R-MA) - Delaware
Rick Santorum (R-PA) - Missouri
John Snow (R-OH) - Missouri
Jim Ross Lightfoot (R-IA) - North Dakota
Tom Coburn (R-OK) - Oklahoma
Mary Fallin (R-OK) - Oklahoma
Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) - South Carolina
Lindsey Graham (R-SC) - South Carolina
Arthur Ravenel (R-SC) - South Carolina
Zell Miller (D-GE) - South Carolina

The emphasis of the George Allen GOTV hinges on South Carolina, due to the primaries sheer importance in the context of GOP history. They are also attempting to pull a major upset in the state of Delaware, a state in which George Allen has put some resources in, and has two of the biggest endorsement a Republican could get in the state. Allen's advisors believe that polls in the state are wrong, and have internals that put them, not in the lead, but in a stronger position than previously recognized.

Only Craig Benson decided to opt out of the GOTV operation - he was busy campaigning and working in his own state to save his job (as he faces a competitive gubernatorial re-election).
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #322 on: April 30, 2014, 05:50:59 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Jan. 28th, 2004-Feb. 2nd, 2004

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: President Gerald Ford and Senator John McCain
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Mike DeHaime
Energy Policy Director: Governor Angus King
Foreign Policy Director: Former President Gerald Ford
Defense Policy Director: Senator John McCain
Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster: Dr. Mark Campbell

Jan. 28th, 2004; North Dakota
-- Barnstorm in Grafton, ND with Gov. Hoeven and Sen. Dole
-- Barnstorm in Park River, ND with Gov. Hoeven and Sen. Dole
-- Barnstorm in Grand Forks, ND with Gov. Hoeven and Sen. Dole

Jan. 29th, 2004; North Dakota
-- Barnstorm in Fargo, ND with Gov. Hoeven and Gov. Rounds
-- Barnstorm in Horace, ND with Gov. Hoeven and Gov. Rounds
-- Barnstorm in Casselton, ND with Gov. Hoeven and Gov. Rounds
-- Fly to  South Carolina

Jan. 30th, 2004; South Carolina
-- Barnstorm in Columbia, SC with Sen. Baker, Sen. Thompson, and Sen. Alexander
-- Barnstorm in Oak Grove, SC with Sen. Baker, Sen. Thompson, and Sen. Alexander
-- Barnstorm in Pine Ridge, SC with Sen. Baker, Sen. Thompson, and Sen. Alexander
-- Fly to Arizona

Jan. 31st, 2004; Arizona
-- Barnstorm in Mesa, AZ with Sen. McCain, VP Quayle and Gov. Schwarzenegger
-- Barnstorm in Scottsdale, AZ with Sen. McCain, VP Quayle and Gov. Schwarzenegger
-- Barnstorm in Phoenix, AZ with Sen. McCain, VP Quayle, and Gov. Schwarzenegger

Feb. 1st, 2004; Arizona
-- Barnstorm in Cottonwood, AZ with Sen. McCain, VP Quayle, and Mr. Elway
-- Barnstorm in Prescott, AZ with Sen. McCain, VP Quayle, and Mr. Elway
-- Barnstorm in Sedona, AZ with Sen. McCain, VP Quayle, and Mr. Elway

Feb. 2nd, 2004; Arizona
-- Barnstorm in Tucson, AZ with Sen. McCain, VP Quayle, and Sen. Dole
-- Barnstorm in San Xavier, AZ with Sen. McCain, VP Quayle, and Sen. Dole
-- Barnstorm in South Tucson, AZ with Sen. McCain, VP Quayle, and Sen. Dole
-- GOTV Rally in Mesa, AZ with Sen. McCain and Sen. Dole
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #323 on: April 30, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, Jan. 28th-Feb. 2nd, 2004

Gov. George Pataki
Barnstorming in Delaware

Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Barnstorming in Delaware

Senator John McCain
Barnstorming in Arizona

Governor Angus King
Barnstorming in Delaware

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan
Fundraising in California

Senator George Voinovich
Barnstorming in Missouri

Mr. Sheldon Adelson
Fundraising in Nevada

Former President Jerry Ford
Barnstorming in South Carolina

Governor Terry Branstad
Barnstorming in Missouri

Senator Kit Bond
Barnstorming in Missouri

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt
Barnstorming in Missouri

Mr. John Elway
Barnstorming in Arizona

Senator Norm Coleman
Barnstorming in North Dakota

Governor Pete Wilson
Barnstorming in Arizona

Former Vice President Dan Quayle
Barnstorming in Arizona

Former Senator Howard Baker

Senator Lamar Alexander

House Speaker Dennis Hastert
Barnstorming in Delaware

Former Senator Fred Thompson

Senator Larry Pressler

Governor John Hoeven

Governor Mike Rounds

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Barnstorming in Arizona

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack Kemp

Senator Bob Dole
Barnstorming with Mayor Giuliani in North Dakota and Arizona
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #324 on: May 01, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »

Giuliani Endorsements

General Norman Schwarzkopf I'm proud to back Mayor Giuliani for President. He has the strongest background in foreign affairs and I feel that he will best lead America in Iraq, Afghanistan, and across the globe.
- Gen. Schwarzkopf spends Jan. 28th-Feb. 2nd barnstorming in North Dakota and Missouri.

International Association of Fire Fighters We weighed all candidates equally, both Republican and Democrat. We feel confident in backing Mayor Giuliani for President, based on his handling of 9/11 and the co-ordination of emergency responders afterwards.
- The IAFF sent out numerous mailings and GOTV efforts in Missouri and South Carolina during the period of Jan. 28th-Feb. 2nd.

Senator Connie Mack III Mayor Giuliani is a great man who helped lead our nation during it's darkest hours. He was calm and collected while his city was burning, working to ensure the safety and security of his city and the nation. I'm honored to endorse him for President in 2004.
- Senator Mack spends Jan. 28th-Feb. 2nd barnstorming in South Carolina and North Dakota.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies